MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By wp-teo Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:05 am
Hi to all,
first, i'm very new to MPC at all, so i really hope i don't make a fool of myself with this topic ...

Yesterday i bought a MPC X from a very friendly guy. He showed me the MPC X playing a demo song via headphones. It seemed to me, all things works fine. So i took the MPC home and now it doesn't sound anymore?! Only scratches comes out of the speakers and headphones as well. I tried some demo songs and tried also to load some samples. No sounds.

I'm not the smartest guy but i should be able to connect from the MPC master outs to a pair of activ-speakers. I tried all possibilities with the master output poti and the other poti for gain / output. No sound, only some nasty noises. The same with headphones.

Did anyone else observed this sort of behavior? Can the ride back home (200km by car) have damaged the MPC? It was wrapped in the original carton and layed on the backseats, not in the car boot. There were no serious shakes, just an ordinary car ride.

Fortunally, the MPC X has still a half year warrenty, so i should be able to send it to AKAI or the retailer, but maybe there is an easy solution to get the MPC X work?

Thanks for your advices, Theo
By 40Beatz Mon May 06, 2019 1:42 pm
Spray some Contact Cleaner inside the Jacks. If that doesn't work, theres an internal problem!