MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:34 pm
hansjbs wrote:I don't think that's possible. The connection is not via the folders but what you've downloaded from the site itself. In the MPC you're logging on to splice itself. The splice account is synced not the folders. That's why its a Game Changer :lol: :lol:

It's a Game Changer to the highest degree of changing.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:47 pm
CharlesRandolph , l don't know aboutthat, and its sure dammit ain't no game changer .
I would subscribe for the reg Splice for 30 days get all the sounds l could muster then quit. :lol:
Then put those sounds on my PC in a folder then put them in a folder lol As wav files l could import them into any MPC :-D

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Here's a possible workout around. If the user copies their own sounds into the splice folder on the PC. Would it be possible to import those sounds into the MPC Live/X or Force?
By CharlesRandolph Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:11 pm
Danoc wrote:CharlesRandolph , l don't know aboutthat, and its sure dammit ain't no game changer .
I would subscribe for the reg Splice for 30 days get all the sounds l could muster then quit. :lol:
Then put those sounds on my PC in a folder then put them in a folder lol As wav files l could import them into any MPC :-D

It's not unlimited downloads, you have to pay for credits. :lol: However if someone had access to a sampler. and they know how to sample, all they would have to do is audition sounds. :smoker: I don't think Splice thought this through.
By hansjbs Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:10 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
It's not unlimited downloads, you have to pay for credits. :lol: However if someone had access to a sampler. and they know how to sample, all they would have to do is audition sounds. :smoker: I don't think Splice thought this through.

Shhhhhhhh :mrgreen: you are revealing too much
By Danoc Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:22 pm
Hahaaha or you could have a hugh quality screen recorder and and hit the sounds and go fir broke lol :lol:

Pay for credits :WTF: is that a pin ball machine :lol: l gotta get off the phone.

ITS THE END GAME SON!!!!

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:CharlesRandolph , l don't know aboutthat, and its sure dammit ain't no game changer .

Bymember04959388 Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:57 pm
A major update that fixes all the Mpc bugs would be a real game changer.
Akai could becone trustable this way and it could really change the game this way.
Today I discovered that a bug that Akai said it was solved is not solved at all.
If you assign a qlink to output volume at 0 (unity level) and save the project, that output volume is not saved properly. It just shows the last output volume of the last project you used.
So if you fade out the volume of a project and load another one that you saved with output at 0, it will start with that volume at -inf.
I wrote this 6 months ago on Akai official forum, they contacted me by email, they confirmed the bug and assure it would have been solved as soon as possible.
There have been 3 or 4 updates and the bug is still there.
But we have Splice.
Ah ah.
By Danoc Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:44 pm
You're right. But fixing bugs is what they suppose to do.
So basically they lied to you Fris. :evil: That's f**ed up. :evil: Sorry to hear that bro

Frisbi wrote:A major update that fixes all the Mpc bugs would be a real game changer.
Akai could becone trustable this way and it could really change the game this way.
Today I discovered that a bug that Akai said it was solved is not solved at all.
If you assign a qlink to output volume at 0 (unity level) and save the project, that output volume is not saved properly. It just shows the last output volume of the last project you used.
So if you fade out the volume of a project and load another one that you saved with output at 0, it will start with that volume at -inf.
I wrote this 6 months ago on Akai official forum, they contacted me by email, they confirmed the bug and assure it would have been solved as soon as possible.
But we have Splice.
Ah ah.
Bymember04959388 Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:54 pm
Danoc wrote:You're right. But fixing bugs is what they suppose to do.
So basically they lied to you Fris. :evil: That's f**ed up. :evil: Sorry to hear that bro

Frisbi wrote:A major update that fixes all the Mpc bugs would be a real game changer.
But we have Splice.
Ah ah.

Yes not so kind.
Also the glitch that happens sometimes when you change mode with menu+pad which is very crucial is not fixed.
They said it was fixed with 2.5
Not so kind
By Danoc Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 am
I would be pissed. We spent dough and not cheap. By now the machines should be glitch free. Its ridiculous. I don't like listening to Dan or non of those guys. Stop talking abd show and prove. Now!

But we have Splice.
Ah ah.
[/quote]
Yes not so kind.
Also the glitch that happens sometimes when you change mode with menu+pad which is very crucial is not fixed.
They said it was fixed with 2.5
Not so kind[/quote]
By EnochLight Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:07 am
Danoc wrote:They said "we need disk streaming " :WTF: l kid you not.

Not to digress from the Splice love, but... yeah - the MPC Live/X does need disk streaming. This is something that could be added in a software/firmware update, whereas "MOAR RAM" will require everyone here buying a new MPC. :WTF: :Sigh:

So please explain (because I'm curious): why does disk streaming seem unrealistic to you? Serious question.
By Danoc Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 am
Lets clear up one thing, l never ever said it was UNREALISTIC for disk streaming.

You said disk streaming is easy for ssoftware/firmware. That would ok for those that need it. I don't , l would like more ram. Some want streaming and some like ram.

What l don't like is how Akai just threw us a bone with the ram. Could of given us an option to upgrade the ram at least 8gigs.

You don't have to get another MPC lm sure it can be modified to more ram. Im looking into that.
This machine can be modified its up to me to want to.

So some want streaming others want ram and other things. So theirs no WTF on the matter.

EnochLight wrote:
Danoc wrote:They said "we need disk streaming " :WTF: l kid you not.

Not to digress from the Splice love, but... yeah - the MPC Live/X does need disk streaming. This is something that could be added in a software/firmware update, whereas "MOAR RAM" will require everyone here buying a new MPC. :WTF: :Sigh:

So please explain (because I'm curious): why does disk streaming seem unrealistic to you? Serious question.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:39 am
Danoc wrote:What l don't like is how Akai just threw us a bone with the ram. Could of given us an option to upgrade the ram at least 8gigs.

The board they use is prefabricated as a complete unit from the manufacturer, the RAM forms part of the core circuitry, it isn't user-upgradable, so they could never give us the option to upgrade the RAM. That's the downside of using off-the-shelf components. However, there was a board in the same series that had 4GB ram, so they could have used that, but I assume this would have added a fair bit to the costs.
By Danoc Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:06 am
Yep l know we talked about this before last year. Im looking into a mod if its to risky l won't bother.

MPC-Tutor wrote:
Danoc wrote:What l don't like is how Akai just threw us a bone with the ram. Could of given us an option to upgrade the ram at least 8gigs.

The board they use is prefabricated as a complete unit from the manufacturer, the RAM forms part of the core circuitry, it isn't user-upgradable, so they could never give us the option to upgrade the RAM. That's the downside of using off-the-shelf components. However, there was a board in the same series that had 4GB ram, so they could have used that, but I assume this would have added a fair bit to the costs.
By Danoc Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:11 pm
Fanu wrote:Editable automation lanes on standalone would be a small step closer to "gamechanger"…

Yes sir! I was about to say that. A lot of people want that.