MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:19 pm
Do they have MIDI packs?

That's the only way Splice would change the game for me; riffs, melodies & rhythm parts to supplement my playing/programming.
By EnochLight Wed May 01, 2019 2:50 am
Danoc wrote:Lets clear up one thing, l never ever said it was UNREALISTIC for disk streaming.

You said disk streaming is easy for ssoftware/firmware. That would ok for those that need it. I don't , l would like more ram. Some want streaming and some like ram.

Oh I don't doubt that. More RAM would be nice. I was merely demonstrating that disc streaming could be added on via a simple software/firmware update, whereas your solution would require a new MPC or for a user to perform surgery on their own MPC - which would most certainly void the warranty.

Danoc wrote:What l don't like is how Akai just threw us a bone with the ram. Could of given us an option to upgrade the ram at least 8gigs.

Oh I don't deny it would have been awesome to at least give us the option.

Danoc wrote:You don't have to get another MPC lm sure it can be modified to more ram. Im looking into that.
This machine can be modified its up to me to want to.

So some want streaming others want ram and other things. So theirs no WTF on the matter.

Well, let's clear something up: it was your words:

Danoc wrote:They said "we need disk streaming " :WTF: l kid you not.

You literally used a "WTF" emoticon. You also stated the above in a manner that made it sound like the need for disk streaming was surprising (WTF) to you. Do you mean you were requesting more RAM in another thread, and other users retorted with a disc streaming request? If so, I understand the confusion. Clearly the suggestion doesn't apply to your request. Because you need more RAM.
By Danoc Wed May 01, 2019 4:24 am
l said WTF because people were writing off ram. This was last year and l don't know where you were but it kidda got ugly.

Not everyone wants disk streaming and not everyone wants more ram but some want both!

Sometimes surgery can make things better. For instance when the Protools Le interface boxes were out, you could get it modified by Black Lion and have some top notch new converters that were better than the native converters.
CharlesRandolph talked about modifying one of his machines. Sounded very interesting to say the least.
The way Akai keeps updating and people still getting glitches l may to on modding out that to trust them 100%
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 01, 2019 9:56 am
Danoc wrote:l said WTF because people were writing off ram. This was last year and l don't know where you were but it kidda got ugly.

Not everyone wants disk streaming and not everyone wants more ram but some want both!

Sometimes surgery can make things better. For instance when the Protools Le interface boxes were out, you could get it modified by Black Lion and have some top notch new converters that were better than the native converters.
CharlesRandolph talked about modifying one of his machines. Sounded very interesting to say the least.
The way Akai keeps updating and people still getting glitches l may to on modding out that to trust them 100%

Sometimes modding is the only way to go or figuring out a way to lower overall RAM usage. Is it possible to disable, SPLICE or other unwanted features?
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 01, 2019 10:12 am
Bezo wrote:Do they have MIDI packs?

That's the only way Splice would change the game for me; riffs, melodies & rhythm parts to supplement my playing/programming.

I believe they do have MIDI packs.
By Bezo Wed May 01, 2019 1:16 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Bezo wrote:Do they have MIDI packs?

I believe they do have MIDI packs.
Then I may need to go poke around. Thanks!
By Danoc Wed May 01, 2019 4:10 pm
There's nothing wrong with modding for sure.

I don't know if its possible to disable Splice or unwanted features. I did the regular Splice before Akai came with this, and I unsubscribed from them with ease. You would have to ask someone who has done it with Akai/Splice setup.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Sometimes modding is the only way to go or figuring out a way to lower overall RAM usage. Is it possible to disable, SPLICE or other unwanted features?
By Danoc Wed May 01, 2019 4:16 pm
Yo, I didn't know you were rockin Reason 10 and Studio One 4. How are you liking Reason and Stu 4? I'm still on Studio One 3.5.6, and I love using it for Mastering. But 4 is ridiculous! Reason is my Main DAW for music making and Mixing. I freakin love that DAW.

EnochLight wrote:Reason X and Studio One 4
By mr_debauch Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 am
i wonder if it's possible to piggy back the chips like they used to do with the home made ram hack on the 60 back when the legit expansion was over 500 bucks. We can assume that 4 gigs should run since the same motherboard was manufactured with that amount (not sure why akai cheaped out... oh wait, same reason they created the timbre wolf.
By EnochLight Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Danoc wrote:Yo, I didn't know you were rockin Reason 10 and Studio One 4. How are you liking Reason and Stu 4? I'm still on Studio One 3.5.6, and I love using it for Mastering. But 4 is ridiculous! Reason is my Main DAW for music making and Mixing. I freakin love that DAW.

EnochLight wrote:Reason X and Studio One 4

Reason 10.3 is pretty much 100% awesome, as far as I'm concerned. And the MPC Software runs perfect as a VST plugin inside of Reason, which lends itself great to adding on to my projects. As far as Studio One 4 goes, it's... "OK". I'll be honest - since Reason picked up VST's, I rarely fire up Studio One these days.
By Danoc Thu May 02, 2019 8:46 pm
Yeah bro. Im still on R10.1. Ill get t 10.3 in a minute. Yeah l can't do without Reason. If they said they were dropping it l would probably just quit! I freakin love that SSL mixer in it and how its set up.
I did the MPC vst in reason but l don't like it.
In my book Studio one is dope. Its just lm so use to Reason. But l do master in it.

EnochLight wrote:Reason 10.3 is pretty much 100% awesome, as far as I'm concerned. And the MPC Software runs perfect as a VST plugin inside of Reason, which lends itself great to adding on to my projects. As far as Studio One 4 goes, it's... "OK". I'll be honest - since Reason picked up VST's, I rarely fire up Studio One these days.
By MPCWeapon1 Thu May 02, 2019 9:55 pm
Danoc wrote:Yeah bro. Im still on R10.1. Ill get t 10.3 in a minute. Yeah l can't do without Reason. If they said they were dropping it l would probably just quit! I freakin love that SSL mixer in it and how its set up.
I did the MPC vst in reason but l don't like it.
In my book Studio one is dope. Its just lm so use to Reason. But l do master in it.

EnochLight wrote:Reason 10.3 is pretty much 100% awesome, as far as I'm concerned. And the MPC Software runs perfect as a VST plugin inside of Reason, which lends itself great to adding on to my projects. As far as Studio One 4 goes, it's... "OK". I'll be honest - since Reason picked up VST's, I rarely fire up Studio One these days.

I make some of my dopest beats in Reason.
By Danoc Fri May 03, 2019 12:04 am
When l get inspired Reason is it for me. When l have a drum pattern in my head l go to the MPC live quick without turning on the computer. Export my drum to Reason then the maguc happens. Reason offers so much for so little. I love the different formats you get like, Refills, Rex files, Rack Extensions and one more l cant think of plus VSTs.
My Waves works beautiful in there. Plus all the diifert effects... Put it this way imo its better than Protools. PT has it beat by the HDX system cause it doesn't tax your PC.

MPCWeapon1 wrote:
I make some of my dopest beats in Reason.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:25 am
Loopmasters and the 40+ exclusive labels that they represent will leave Splice Sounds on 9th May.

Matt Pelling, founder and owner of Loopmasters, thanked Splice for their collaboration and said: “Ever since the launch of Splice Sounds over four years ago, we have enjoyed an excellent working relationship together. Now it’s time for us - and our exclusive labels - to move in a different direction with our technology. We’re grateful to have played a significant role in the platform’s growth and wish Splice every success in the future.”

The Past

Loopmasters and their exclusive labels, which include: Singomakers, Famous Audio, Ghost Syndicate, Rankin Audio, SampleState, Hy2rogen and Raw Cutz, have been available on Splice Sounds since its launch in 2015. From May 9th, around two million samples - previously available via Splice - will only be accessible from Loopmasters.com and Loopcloud.

The Future

Loopcloud is evolving. The revolutionary app is designed to inspire originality, unlocking the imagination of producers everywhere. Loopcloud gives artists the freedom to purchase single sounds or entire packs - online and at the click of a button. Furthermore, users can now import their own samples; Loopcloud champions authenticity. There are exciting opportunities for label partners on the horizon, and more developments will be made public soon.

About Loopcloud

Loopcloud gives artists the power to be original. The revolutionary app and plugin enables producers to slice, edit and pitch millions of samples. They can also audition loops, making crucial edits in real time. Musicians can organise and analyse their own sample collections, alongside sounds by Loopmasters and their partners. Importantly, these features allow producers to do everything in one place - the music never has to stop. Loopcloud is designed to make writer’s block a thing of the past. Escape the generic; stay inspired.
By jackmate Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:20 pm
BeatWilson wrote:maybe cause they all got the same sounds... from spice and the sounds :lol:

i get splice but dont think i will be using it myself since im constantly sampling and have my own library.
if it tickles your dick then dope, but mine dont get hard from it personally... give me automation lanes, multi-timbral midi, vst's, or something real.

+1
people recognize lazy...
evrybody sounding the same, is what makes some music so horrible these days, and this should be a producers workstation, not a lifestyle gimmick...

but compared to the lagacy standalone MPCs, the live and x are built for instant gratification, for simpletons to use and keep the production workflow as shallow as possible, thats why they lack multimode, automation lines and stuff, old school heads miss so much...

i love/hate mine for these reasons...