MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dmcghee Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:57 pm
I use Splice download my samples to a SSD and drag the folder into LoopCloud 5. In fact my entire sample library is in LoopCloud 5 it sync to your DAW chopped up the loops, match the key to your projects. Splice, LoopMasters and LoopCloud are powerful tools to flip samples.
By Danoc Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:07 pm
Splice is not a game changer, Reason 11 Suite Rack vst is :-D :smoker:
By Danoc Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 pm
Eyalc wrote:^^ I concur with this statement.

lol Ey what are you getting out of tha new Reason Rack vst?
By Eyalc Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:54 pm
Danoc wrote:
Eyalc wrote:^^ I concur with this statement.

lol Ey what are you getting out of tha new Reason Rack vst?

I always liked Reason, just didn't like all those damn cables. LOL

So going back to using it, this time as a sound source will be nice actually. I joke about the cables, well, sort of joke, but I do like the routing. It will be nice to have access to the sound modules it has.

I'll wait for later this year for the AU version though. And plus wait to see how it works. Hopefully they don't go the Akai route and try to keep the sequencer a part of the functionality. That was silly IMO. I'm hoping they disconnect the sequencer and allow the modules to be used like a traditional VSTi.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 am
Who in their right mind, has their production or recording rig connected online? Also why would anyone give splice, LoopCloud, or any online service the ability to scan your computer. You better forget about game changer and get a username and password changer. :lol:
By Danoc Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:12 am
That's what the Rack is about, no sequencer involved especially when you want to use it in another DAW that is not Reason. Whatever DAW you use, you will use that sequencer and record the Rack inside that sequencer. That's what lm going to do in Studio One 4.5.

Eyalc wrote:
I always liked Reason, just didn't like all those damn cables. LOL

So going back to using it, this time as a sound source will be nice actually. I joke about the cables, well, sort of joke, but I do like the routing. It will be nice to have access to the sound modules it has.

I'll wait for later this year for the AU version though. And plus wait to see how it works. Hopefully they don't go the Akai route and try to keep the sequencer a part of the functionality. That was silly IMO. I'm hoping they disconnect the sequencer and allow the modules to be used like a traditional VSTi.
By Danoc Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:19 am
:lol: :lol: :WTF: :lol: who in the world is giving these companies access to their computer? That is some old l-Robit ish lol

THIS WHY I KEPT MY MAIN COMPUTER OFFLINE!!!!!!!!!

CharlesRandolph wrote:Who in their right mind, has their production or recording rig connected online? Also why would anyone give splice, LoopCloud, or any online service the ability to scan your computer. You better forget about game changer and get a username and password changer. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:50 am
Danoc wrote::lol: :lol: :WTF: :lol: who in the world is giving these companies access to their computer? That is some old l-Robit ish lol

THIS WHY I KEPT MY MAIN COMPUTER OFFLINE!!!!!!!!!

The Subscriptions business model is not sustainable, when the market is flooded with them. Kind of like how all those beat leasing sites popped up. It was good with a handful of artist and companies. Then everyone with garage-band started leasing beats. :lol:

The same people touting it was a so called, NEW BUSINESS MODEL aka Game Changer. Left it after a 2 years, because they are forgot one major factor. They're going to run out of customers. They are turning music into AMWAY and Rent To Never Own. :smoker:
By Monotremata Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:07 pm
Well, its a good thing we're all sampler junkies then. We know how to hit that arm button and record that shit ourselves heh.
By Unreallystic Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:14 pm
jackmate wrote:+1
people recognize lazy...
evrybody sounding the same, is what makes some music so horrible these days, and this should be a producers workstation, not a lifestyle gimmick...

No, people don't really care. There are people who have realized this and produce for the masses i.e. those that don't care, and then there are people who either realize this or aren't here for it (sounds like yourself) - and they care.

but it doesn't affect anything. People want what's popular, everyone who hits me up is 'usually' looking for what's popular with some kind of genre twist like integrating Go-Go into trap or gospel and trap. They don't care about sounds or samples, they care about speed if we are working together or they want a nice selection to browse if not starting from scratch.

I personally have not used Splice like I thought I would because, well I hate anything subscription based (ask Adobe about me!), there are times it makes sense, but its become an abused model. But most producers, especially those that branch outside the bedroom - are NOT lazy, not by a long shot, quite the opposite, its just a different focus, while *you* (in the illustration term, not you specifically) are focused on crafting a singular masterpiece, someone else can get 20 songs off, and by law of averages will have a couple to a handful of heatrocks in there, giving those who want their service a larger collection to pull from.
- Unreall