MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Scott Righteous Fri May 03, 2019 3:03 am
Does anyone have any tips for using the looper? The manual is a bit sketchy on this. I want to use it as a live looper, not make loops and save as samples or assign to pads.

For example. I notice that if Monitor is on, I can hear the effects, but the source sounds way louder than it will when the loop gets recorded. If Monitor is off, you don't hear the effects, but the volume of the input seems to match what will get recorded into the loop. This seems totally wrong.

You can also route the inputs to a separate output, which seems promising, so you can control the volume of what you are looping, post MPC. But can you set the loop to use another output other than the main?

It would be great if the headphones could be used for actually monitoring the input (without that signal going to the output until you hit record) that would allow you to cue or audition what you are about to record.