MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:49 pm
NearTao wrote:I just tried out your 2.0 update on one of my last tracks:

Definitely used a lot more of the available sonic space :D

And here you've already moved on to 2.0.1. Will try it on a new track today. Peace!

Some jackin low-fi feel you got there!Nice keep it up!
By HiGrade1 Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:12 am
in the instructions you mention a bug in the software, requiring the templates to be loaded via the program itself. it says thats only on YA Mastering.xpj and YA MPC Software.xpj, does that mean the YA MAstering-2bds.xpj does not have the same bug?

i've never used the software only standalone so i was hoping to transfer this whole thing over like a project and then be able to open directly in that mode. but it sound like maybe i can't do that? please advise.

i have to go borrow someones newer computer if so, cuz mine won't run the newest version.

thank you.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:17 am
HiGrade1 wrote:in the instructions you mention a bug in the software, requiring the templates to be loaded via the program itself. it says thats only on YA Mastering.xpj and YA MPC Software.xpj, does that mean the YA MAstering-2bds.xpj does not have the same bug?

i've never used the software only standalone so i was hoping to transfer this whole thing over like a project and then be able to open directly in that mode. but it sound like maybe i can't do that? please advise.

i have to go borrow someones newer computer if so, cuz mine won't run the newest version.

thank you.

As i wrote you in the other thread and if anyone else had that question:

“ This bug only affects controller mode (MPC Software) if someone tries to load standalone templates to controller mode so no worries…Standalone is solid!
But I’m already giving a workaround to this…First fire away MPC Software (controller mode) and then load any projects…
I’ve already sent a bug report to AKAI…
This whole thing was made for standalone mode and gave an extra controller mode to some users who wanted this for the MPC Software…
Just load them up and fire...”
By solrac Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:38 pm
Question for you ... have been using this template but I forgot this time to load it before I started making the track. So now I’m at the end of creating the project and want to use it.

So I load up the mastering project and load in all my sequences/programs which all works fine, but I had a lot of automation recorded on the song and none of that is transferring over.

Anyone know if there’s a away?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:07 pm
solrac wrote:Question for you ... have been using this template but I forgot this time to load it before I started making the track. So now I’m at the end of creating the project and want to use it.

So I load up the mastering project and load in all my sequences/programs which all works fine, but I had a lot of automation recorded on the song and none of that is transferring over.

Anyone know if there’s a away?

Definitely you’re going for the hard way if there’s automation involved or else you’ll have to write your automation again..
Just follow precisely 1st way step by step it’s a 10 min work..
Also you need to mix your track again cause it’s a whole new concept when mixing in real-time through it..
I wished AKAI would give us global presets loading for this kind of situations..
If you’d asked for my opinion i’d load up YA Mastering template, my Sequences/Programs/Audio tracks and mix/automate the track again...
By DokBrown Tue May 11, 2021 7:44 pm
Wheres the PDF than explains how to use your tool again ?
I can’t find it on your website.

https://www.yorgosarabatzis.space/

I want to merge that APC40 template with your mastering template.
By Lampdog Tue May 11, 2021 8:07 pm
You can leave your pads, instruments whatever as loud as you like.

AND /ALSO/ MANDATORY...

I go into TRACK VIEW or CHANNEL MIXER and set them ALL between -12db to -15db (negative).
YA template will need that headroom on the master out in order to work it's magic.
From there things should start sounding REALLY good, after that, tweak however you want.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed May 12, 2021 11:34 am
DokBrown wrote:Wheres the PDF than explains how to use your tool again ?

You can’t find it on my website for obvious reasons :wink:
You can only find it inside the downloaded zip file after purchase..
Best
YA
By DokBrown Wed May 12, 2021 6:10 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:
DokBrown wrote:Wheres the PDF than explains how to use your tool again ?

You can’t find it on my website for obvious reasons :wink:
You can only find it inside the downloaded zip file after purchase..
Best
YA

OK, ill download it again
By Yorgos Arabatzis Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:32 am
Just a heads up guys,
Been in daddy mode with our newborn daughter these times and i’m planning to release a new YA mastering update to follow up the new features of 2.10 firmware..
At last with the introduction of saving racks it would be so much easier to load up my template..Also AKAI finally gave us a proper Limiter so now can be the last device in the master chain plus many optimisations..
Stay tuned!
YA
By sinik Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:35 am
hi yorgos,

congrats to the new born. i'm looking foreward to the updated template, it really helped my production a lot, and reduced post mixing time in my main DAW to a minimum.

i'll advise everybody who isn't familiar with the template to try it out!

peace
By Yorgos Arabatzis Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:17 am
sinik wrote:hi yorgos,

congrats to the new born. i'm looking foreward to the updated template, it really helped my production a lot, and reduced post mixing time in my main DAW to a minimum.

i'll advise everybody who isn't familiar with the template to try it out!

peace

Thanks so much man!
Take care!
YA
By NearTao Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:03 pm
Spend the time with the newborn, you only get that chance once.

Definitely interested to see what you're cooking up with the template update(s)! The rack will definitely make it interesting to make changes for different priorities in the mastering process.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:41 am
NearTao wrote:Spend the time with the newborn, you only get that chance once.

Definitely interested to see what you're cooking up with the template update(s)! The rack will definitely make it interesting to make changes for different priorities in the mastering process.

Indeed my friend and i was lucky enough to enjoy my daughter 24/7 in her first months due to COVID lockdown.. :)
Now it’s time to start enjoying all these goodies that AKAI provides us with all these new updates!Much more exciting times are ahead of us too!
By 64hz Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:38 am
Im about to pull the trigger on this just a question. How easy is it to get this on old projects? Guessing that update will make it a lot easier.