MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu May 09, 2019 10:15 pm
I don't do live sets. I produce music in a still environment and mix and master.

Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:What about in a Live situation?
Imagine your sound already fat and sweet!
No need to worry about PA guys anymore..
This is another reason i’ve made this template.. :wink:
Image[/url]
[/quote]
By CharlesRandolph Fri May 10, 2019 1:07 pm

This would work if you used two MPC's live. One for playing back and the other as an effect box.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri May 10, 2019 9:31 pm
Off course the more the better!
CharlesRandolph wrote:

This would work if you used two MPC's live. One for playing back and the other as an effect box.
By Cockdiesel Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:09 am
start making tutorial videos.... more popular than the music these days. look up matthew stratton on youtube and run circles around him, he's trying to rip off tutor. he even uses tutors sample packs, but started his own website on mpc tutorials. If you want to succeed you need to learn how to market, and not bite someones business.
we're living in a time when people want you to fish for them, sell your personality, and do most of the work for them. tutorials, sample packs and chord progressions are making money.
show them/us why we should give a **** about what you do.
By Fanu Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:50 am
Cockdiesel wrote:we're living in a time when people want you to fish for them, sell your personality, and do most of the work for them. tutorials, sample packs and chord progressions are making money.

A lot of truth here – sadly.
I'm an Ableton certified trainer, which I do on the side (mixing and mastering pays for my living), and I get a lot of "Hey man, I heard you're good with Ableton, so…" and then they present their Ableton probs to me.
When I say I have done a 4.5-hour video for them and it only costs 25 EUR and covers the topic – or suggest some donation for it, as, honestly, explaining things online does take time – they're like "Ah ok man, all good, I'll keep looking". It's like, people want that free shit and they want you to help them, but a lot of guys aren't willing to pay one penny for it.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:16 pm
To the point!Now i have to dig into video technicalities and approach..Tried with OBS
and seems a decent program as it let’s me do screen capturing (I use audio analysis inside Ableton Live) and have an extra camera above the MPC simultaneously.
Do you have any other suggestions?
First i think i’m gonna present the level of control without squashing things that this template has over a mix and i will use a Dave Smith Tempest passing through MPC Live’s inputs.If you don’t know it already Tempest is one of the wildest and uncontrollable instruments out there..
Cockdiesel wrote:start making tutorial videos.... more popular than the music these days. look up matthew stratton on youtube and run circles around him, he's trying to rip off tutor. he even uses tutors sample packs, but started his own website on mpc tutorials. If you want to succeed you need to learn how to market, and not bite someones business.
we're living in a time when people want you to fish for them, sell your personality, and do most of the work for them. tutorials, sample packs and chord progressions are making money.
show them/us why we should give a **** about what you do.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:28 pm
The internet has devalued information and sites like YouTube make is easy to learn most things. This is why video tutorials do not do well, unless you pay wall them. Even then the market is so saturated and unless you're marketing toward continued education it's hard to break through.

How well would this template sale? My guess is not very well, not because it's not valid information. But because the market for it, is very small. How many people are asking themselves, I want a MPC LIVE so I can master my music. (Not Many)

It's easier to make videos and share how to do it, if that's your thing. My only suggestion is don't fill the video with unnecessary talking. Keep it short, clear message, and get to the point. No one cares about what coffee you drink or what happened at the mall. :nod: Unless you're doing a VLOG, where you unbox cheap gear and do silly music challenges. Like 1 beat 5 producers. :lol:
By Cockdiesel Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:06 pm
maybe just title your video series "mastering with the mpc live/x". show step by step how the process would work. lots of ways you could take it.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:06 pm
Basically continued education was what i had in mind in the first place..
CharlesRandolph wrote:unless you're marketing toward continued education it's hard to break through.

First i’d like to clarify that this template is not a fully featured mastering station.It’s missing some things until AKAI provide us with some proper audio analysis tools & metering, dithering & true peak algorithms for the Air Maximizer,M/S options, dedicated multi-band plugin etc.
Before the MPC i was mixing/mastering my music in real-time inside Ableton Live and made this exact rack combination.I gave the rack to my band mate and since then he told me he can’t start a track without it.Recently he bought the MPC Live and when i told him i transferred the Ableton rack to the MPC he was jumping like a kid!
CharlesRandolph wrote:How well would this template sale? My guess is not very well, not because it's not valid information. But because the market for it, is very small. How many people are asking themselves, I want a MPC LIVE so I can master my music. (Not Many)

There was a constant search for years to find the ideal settings for this template and that’s what i’m selling..That’s the key sale point for me!It’s a method i’ve developed and that’s where my videos will aim for but as you said it’a a continued education process..So the journey starts here i guess..My mistake was that i had to have some demo videos ready to compliment the release..Well i’m still learning i guess and i’d like to apologize for that..And as you’ve mentioned i’d go straight to the point without the unnecessary bulls*^#^t
CharlesRandolph wrote:It's easier to make videos and share how to do it, if that's your thing. My only suggestion is don't fill the video with unnecessary talking. Keep it short, clear message, and get to the point. No one cares about what coffee you drink or what happened at the mall. :nod: Unless you're doing a VLOG, where you unbox cheap gear and do silly music challenges. Like 1 beat 5 producers. :lol:
Last edited by Yorgos Arabatzis on Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.