MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:54 am
Unreallystic wrote:people will gladly drop $20 to go see a movie or $10 to eat at McDonald's, then complain about $15 for REAL efficient knowledge.

Fanu wrote:Yup…seen this a lot. Ppl will gladly pay for a pack of cigs and some pints but won't pay for a video that contains valuable knowledge…let alone 5 bucks for a digital music album.

We've been condition to think that, anything that is online is free. This is the blessing and curse of the world wide web.
By Ill-Green Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:18 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:I get it you do all yourself, but you run a label right? :hmmm:

So when your making beats, who is writing?
When your writing, who is recording?
When recording who is mixing?
When Mixing who is Mastering?
When Mastering who is doing the Art work?
When doing the Artwork who is doing the promoting?
When promoting who is doing the marketing?
When marketing who is booking the shows?
When booking the show who is rehearsing?
When performing who is taking video/photos?
When taking video and photos who is editing them?
When editing, whose making the beats?

The question is why are do everything yourself? Why not assemble a team that will allow for your vision to grow? Find like minded people to help your music flourish. Running a label, is more that making beats, writing rhymes, recording, mixing, mastering, and posting it on sound cloud.

As far as Kanye that is your opinion, but you have to talk to the man. The truth is the man has archives worth of material. Also you don't release new music, when you trying to get out of a contract and get your catalog rights back. :smoker:

Ill-Green wrote:I think you been under a rock these last couple years but Kanye's work on Nasir was mostly bitten work of independent producers. Its obvious he is in a stalemate. And last I checked this is a forum of spoken opinions. I wouldn't call it copying either what humans do, its more like derivative inspiration.

Funny you bring up Nasty Nas because when he came out, he was a Kool G Rap copy and labels passed on him because of that. :lol: :lol:

Ill-Green wrote:Again, if you really read my post, I said I do this for me and nobody else. There is no trying to be the next-man here, if thats your pursuit in life then you have a long winded journey to accomplish because after the present-man is gone someone new will take it another direction. Then you will be after what he does, trying to logically figure out what he does.

Meanwhile, I will still be banging beats and writing lyrics to my heart's content and I'm happy all day whether 20 listen or 20,000. :lol:

Perhaps you did not read mine?
If this is your chosen path. Then there is nothing wrong with that.

But to bring it back on topic: This mastering template may be something to partner with Akai Pro. They have a multiband compressor on the DPS 16/24 as well as A VST Plug in version. I wonder why they did not incorporate it.

:Sigh: I think I'll stop because you just embarrassing yourself. You have no knowledge of the real Hip Hop nor my work or how I do it, you only assume what you know but I grew up in it, lived it and real recognizes real. A studio don't make you Hip Hop no matter how many rappers rapped into your mics. :fku:
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:15 am
Ill-Green wrote:
:Sigh: I think I'll stop because you just embarrassing yourself. You have no knowledge of the real Hip Hop nor my work or how I do it, you only assume what you know but I grew up in it, lived it and real recognizes real. A studio don't make you Hip Hop no matter how many rappers rapped into your mics. :fku:

Don't assume anything about me and how I represent Hiphop culture. Wanna Test? :lol:
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Fanu Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:26 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Unreallystic wrote:people will gladly drop $20 to go see a movie or $10 to eat at McDonald's, then complain about $15 for REAL efficient knowledge.

Fanu wrote:Yup…seen this a lot. Ppl will gladly pay for a pack of cigs and some pints but won't pay for a video that contains valuable knowledge…let alone 5 bucks for a digital music album.

We've been condition to think that, anything that is online is free. This is the blessing and curse of the world wide web.

Yeah, and everything digital.

I was once told and seen it more than once that all digital music should be free, as the money has to come in from performing it; just go and do some gigs. Oh my days.

I still see dudes moaning and saying they won't pay 250 EUR for the update from Ableton Live 9 to 10 as it's too expensive (even though the difference between 9 and current 10 is now big).
When Live 10 update came out, there were tons of dudes complaining that it should be free (all Ableton point updates have always been free).
Honestly, that's f**ked up and hardly needs explaining why those things do have a price.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:36 am
Fanu wrote:Yeah, and everything digital.

I was once told and seen it more than once that all digital music should be free, as the money has to come in from performing it; just go and do some gigs. Oh my days.

I still see dudes moaning and saying they won't pay 250 EUR for the update from Ableton Live 9 to 10 as it's too expensive (even though the difference between 9 and current 10 is now big). When Live 10 update came out, there were tons of dudes complaining that it should be free (all Ableton point updates have always been free).

Honestly, that's f**ked up and hardly needs explaining why those things do have a price.

Agree, then they wonder why companies shut down or bugs are never fixed. It's like they think software is easy to code. :lol: This is why there is so many international regulations happening. The Movie, Music, and Publishing industry have started to put the smack down.
By Fanu Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:33 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Fanu wrote:Yeah, and everything digital.

I still see dudes moaning and saying they won't pay 250 EUR for the update from Ableton Live 9 to 10 as it's too expensive (even though the difference between 9 and current 10 is now big). When Live 10 update came out, there were tons of dudes complaining that it should be free (all Ableton point updates have always been free).

Agree, then they wonder why companies shut down or bugs are never fixed. It's like they think software is easy to code. :lol: This is why there is so many international regulations happening. The Movie, Music, and Publishing industry have started to put the smack down.

Yeah. I may sound like a granpa, but I feel that the younger the person is, the harder it is for them to understand or at least value a digital product…seems that it feels that because it's a file that you could just easily share, there shouldn't be a price for it.

I mean f**king hell if you think about how much time and work a musical album takes – let alone a DAW – and a lot of dudes would want it all for free or for peanuts…

BTW I'm happy with how my business is going, so don't want to sound like a total moaner…just discussing today's phenomena I see.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:47 am
Fanu wrote:Yeah. I may sound like a granpa, but I feel that the younger the person is, the harder it is for them to understand or at least value a digital product…seems that it feels that because it's a file that you could just easily share, there shouldn't be a price for it.

I mean f**king hell if you think about how much time and work a musical album takes – let alone a DAW – and a lot of dudes would want it all for free or for peanuts…

BTW I'm happy with how my business is going, so don't want to sound like a total moaner…just discussing today's phenomena I see.

Yes, Physical Products always hold a value. It's a physical representation of the art. Personally, I've always felt that digital files should've been for professional use only. The consumer side, should've always stayed physical. That one reason I like streaming because it allows the physical medium to make a come back.

Radio, Streaming, CD ( But I prefer DVD/BLU RAY Audio), Vinyl. It also makes it easier to master. Which format is your favorite to master for?
By Fanu Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:27 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Which format is your favorite to master for?

I don't really have one; don't really have any trouble going for any.
I always do the loud "DJ version" first (I could say I specialize in loud yet dynamic and punchy masters…I hear a lot of loud and trashed stuff TBH) and once that's OK, I get the streaming/Spotify/vinyl versions out, which basically are not limited at all.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:56 pm
Fanu wrote:I don't really have one; don't really have any trouble going for any.
I always do the loud "DJ version" first (I could say I specialize in loud yet dynamic and punchy masters…I hear a lot of loud and trashed stuff TBH) and once that's OK, I get the streaming/Spotify/vinyl versions out, which basically are not limited at all.

Been thinking about mastering to 2 ATR Master Tape again. However finding a local functional machine and then paying to service it. Is what is keeping me from it. :lol:
By Certified Beatz Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:00 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Videos are on the way and i apologized for not having them ready on launch..Was too excited to spread it to the world but marketing works differently..Lesson learnt..Video shooting and editing is a time consuming process which i’m now learning..Also learning things like illustrator for creating/editing PDF’s from my good friend Vaggelis (pros to him for helping me!) takes time..Also if you read this thread carefully we had a very constructive talk with the guys about what this template is and the final conclusion was that it’s very close in being a mastering station if things like audio analysis tools,M/S options, a proper multiband compressor and dithering/true peak options for the AIR Maximizer are implemented from AKAI..And to your question why?Because it can and i love that!Otherwise i won’t even spoke about it..
Certified Beatz wrote:to be honest I have no clue what your doing no video using it so why would I buy it also why make the MPC a mastering suite

Make a video and u might have a customer..
By Unreallystic Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:34 pm
Fanu wrote:I still see dudes moaning and saying they won't pay 250 EUR for the update from Ableton Live 9 to 10 as it's too expensive (even though the difference between 9 and current 10 is now big).
When Live 10 update came out, there were tons of dudes complaining that it should be free (all Ableton point updates have always been free).

So while I agree with your over arching point, I will throw a flag on part of this. There is a difference between not being willing to invest yourself/product, and not agreeing with dollar tag thrown on something. I say that specifically because I have not upgraded from 9.7 to 10.1 due to cost. I'm not complaining about the cost, I don't think it should be free either, I simply look at the $300 I believe it is USD, and don't feel its $300 worth of value that I am getting back. Sometime in the future I will bite the bullet, there are definitely some improvements that excite me, but it doesn't fall into automatic purchases territory. I had Komplete 10 Ultimate, and was looking at (and ultimately purchased) Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, and spent several weeks going bak and fourth on the value $200 would keep me on ultimate which would add XYZ to what I can do now, collector's edition - for an additional $100 nets me 30 more expansions, banngg for buck wise it ended up feeling like the right move,, but I can truly understand pausing on getting the latest and greatest, just because its the latest and greatest...especially with software.
- Unreall
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:36 pm
@Unrell, with software the latest and greatest, is not always features but support. But I feel your pain. :nod:

Live 9 - came out Aug 2013 - Last update October 2016
Live 10 - came out Feb 2018 - Last update May 2019

So $300 dollars to upgrade is $60 dollars a year, which is $5 dollars a month. So for a person who is fully
invested in ableton, it's a no brainier. The issue with software is, how long before Windows or MAC OS
renders it obsolete? For MAC OS if you upgrade to 10.14, Live 9.7 will have issues.

Windows give you more time, but Live 10 will only work with Windows 10, 8, 7 (64 bit). Windows 7 end of life support is Jan. 14, 2020. So when that happens, I can see Ableton dropping support Win 7. There are lots of new tools, but the cat and mouse game of OS support always wins.

Unless you don't upgrade your computer or the OS. Which is great, if the computer is optimized and runs with no issues. This actually may help the OP. He did say, his mastering template came from his Ableton template. Perhaps he could include both: Ableton and MPC mastering template.

@YorgosArabatzis that's a free consultation, the next I'm going to charge you. :smoker: :nod: :lol:
By Yorgos Arabatzis Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:31 pm
Hehehe :-P Appreciate your support Charles!
Another amazing thing about this template is that it’s a constant evolving project..Couple of days ago i released the V1.0.1 update with some extra tips and a new settings setup..A new update is very close where i’ll provide an extra vintage old school template!Also in one of the upcoming updates this template will ported to other DAW’s built from their factory plugins free of charge!

CharlesRandolph wrote:He did say, his mastering template came from his Ableton template. Perhaps he could include both: Ableton and MPC mastering template.

@YorgosArabatzis that's a free consultation, the next I'm going to charge you. :smoker: :nod: :lol: