MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By vinylstyle Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:53 pm
3. Seems like you still need to mute the returns because they still route to 1/2.
4. You can route one program to submix 1 and another to submix 2. You just need to make sure submix 2 has the sends going to the 3 returns and the output is set to 7/8, just like submix 1. You can do this for all of the submix channels. So you could group multiple tracks into a submix and have different effects on it from another submix of tracks.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:38 pm
3.Oops forgot one step..I turn down the sends but ye mutes can be used too..Nice one!
4.Ah this, yes it can be done easily if someone wants to use submixing..Lot’s of control in there..

vinylstyle wrote:3. Seems like you still need to mute the returns because they still route to 1/2.
4. You can route one program to submix 1 and another to submix 2. You just need to make sure submix 2 has the sends going to the 3 returns and the output is set to 7/8, just like submix 1. You can do this for all of the submix channels. So you could group multiple tracks into a submix and have different effects on it from another submix of tracks.
By solrac Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:17 am
A review/thoughts from a new user of this template....

I had pretty much finished a track and then applied the template by opening a new project with the template and importing all the sequences etc... it sounds good, definitely more full and louder sounding - thanks for this!

I did struggle with some distortion (esp on the on the kick drum), probably down to my mixing abilities. Am very new to producing (1yr) and only a few months with an MPC (so don't judge me!)

I changed the main compressor setting on the Master output to a lighter one and was happier with the sound.

Track is here if you wanted to listen: https://soundcloud.com/dj-solrac/vondelfutin

But in general, as a complete newbie to mixing/mastering (and everything else to be honest), I was happy with the result of this - thanks Yorgos!

:worthy:
By Yorgos Arabatzis Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:14 pm
That’s what is all about my friend!The chance for everyone (from a newcomer to an experienced user) to present a decent auditory experience of his/her music.To be able to focus more on your music than in technical details was one of the major reasons i’ve done this..It would be great to post these comments on my website for others to see..Let me know if i can use them :-)
Thanks once again people means a lot!

solrac wrote:A review/thoughts from a new user of this template....

I had pretty much finished a track and then applied the template by opening a new project with the template and importing all the sequences etc... it sounds good, definitely more full and louder sounding - thanks for this!

I did struggle with some distortion (esp on the on the kick drum), probably down to my mixing abilities. Am very new to producing (1yr) and only a few months with an MPC (so don't judge me!)

I changed the main compressor setting on the Master output to a lighter one and was happier with the sound.

Track is here if you wanted to listen: https://soundcloud.com/dj-solrac/vondelfutin

But in general, as a complete newbie to mixing/mastering (and everything else to be honest), I was happy with the result of this - thanks Yorgos!

:worthy:
By solrac Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:40 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:That’s what is all about my friend!The chance for everyone (from a newcomer to an experienced user) to present a decent auditory experience of his/her music.To be able to focus more on your music than in technical details was one of the major reasons i’ve done this..It would be great to post these comments on my website for others to see..Let me know if i can use them :-)

Of course man, you go ahead if it will help you, and if you have any feedback on how my mix could be improved I'd love it hear it!

By vinylstyle Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:33 pm
After integrating this template into more projects, I starting turning down the output of the AIR EQ on each return all the way down to -20. This seems to offer the most flexibility if you want to start tweaking anything else and lets me mix with the clipping indicators on the submix. So I mix everything to just under 0db. If you don't turn down the EQ outputs, you would generally have to mix lower and leave more headroom.

Then for the AIR Compressor on the low and high, I bring down the threshold until I get about 1-2db compression or to taste, just enough to get some action, and then increase the output if it needs any compensation.

And for the final loudness, I lower the threshold on the master's AIR Maximizer. I'm currently routing the MPC audio into my computer for LUFS and true peak metering.

You can also either add an AIR Stereo Width effect on the low return with a width of 0%, or use the LF Mono setting on the master's AIR Maximizer to set your lows to mono which helps manage your stereo mix and tighten up the low end. The latter option gives you more flexibility with the frequency setting. But I kind of like doing it on the return before the lows hit all of the other effects.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:44 am
Sure man i’ll check it out and let you know..Sent you a PM
solrac wrote:
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:That’s what is all about my friend!The chance for everyone (from a newcomer to an experienced user) to present a decent auditory experience of his/her music.To be able to focus more on your music than in technical details was one of the major reasons i’ve done this..It would be great to post these comments on my website for others to see..Let me know if i can use them :-)

Of course man, you go ahead if it will help you, and if you have any feedback on how my mix could be improved I'd love it hear it!

By Yorgos Arabatzis Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 am
Ye if you want to leave your faders at default 0dB that’s another way to mix your stuff..Thanks for sharing it!
vinylstyle wrote:After integrating this template into more projects, I starting turning down the output of the AIR EQ on each return all the way down to -20. This seems to offer the most flexibility if you want to start tweaking anything else and lets me mix with the clipping indicators on the submix. So I mix everything to just under 0db. If you don't turn down the EQ outputs, you would generally have to mix lower and leave more headroom.

Then for the AIR Compressor on the low and high, I bring down the threshold until I get about 1-2db compression or to taste, just enough to get some action, and then increase the output if it needs any compensation.

And for the final loudness, I lower the threshold on the master's AIR Maximizer. I'm currently routing the MPC audio into my computer for LUFS and true peak metering.

You can also either add an AIR Stereo Width effect on the low return with a width of 0%, or use the LF Mono setting on the master's AIR Maximizer to set your lows to mono which helps manage your stereo mix and tighten up the low end. The latter option gives you more flexibility with the frequency setting. But I kind of like doing it on the return before the lows hit all of the other effects.
By mpBanga Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:53 pm
To be honest I was sceptical, but I bought it. Applied to some old projects, I'm impressed. For me the difference is night and day. For standalone use, this tool is invaluable. Respect to the creator.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:54 pm
Respect goes back to you guys for searching for that sweet sound for your precious art!It’s a wonderful thing to sound tight without a hassle.That was my vision after all and every time i see comments like this it makes me happy :-D
Been working on the latest update as we speak stay tuned!

mpBanga wrote:To be honest I was sceptical, but I bought it. Applied to some old projects, I'm impressed. For me the difference is night and day. For standalone use, this tool is invaluable. Respect to the creator.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:21 am
Just a heads up guys..Black Friday is close and with the addition of 1.0.4 update (free of charge to existing customers) it comes a mighty 50% off the regular price!
The discount will be valid from Black Friday till cyber Monday as always so...Set your clocks and stay tuned!
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:49 am
What a better time to get that sound treatment for your new drum synth heh 8)
2 days left for the year’s Black Friday 50% OFF deal!
For new and existing customers comes an exciting Version 2.0 update which introduces:

- In addition to the 3 band Multi-Band compressor comes a cutdown 2 band Multi-Band compressor which frees up 2 sends to be used as a True Stereo vessel or could be left at users disposal.
A True Stereo send Reverb & Delay have been loaded up & ready to transform your stereo image with extreme precision.

- By popular demand YA Mastering Template comes with ready made reference tracks as a guide.2 tracks have been loaded & mastered by me.First track is a new snippet instrumental track from my band (https://unquantizedsoul.bandcamp.com) and the second one (yes as you’ve guessed it..) a Drum Synth Beat :-D

- Some optimisations

Deal starts Friday till Cyber Monday..
Grab it here:

https://www.yorgosarabatzis.space/store

Stay tuned & Stay Safe!

By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:31 pm
On your marks. Get set. Go!

Version 2.0.0 includes:

- A new template (YA Mastering-2 Bands) has been added freeing up another send.The 2 extra

sends can be used as usual or in this template’s case as True Stereo send vessels.

A True Stereo Reverb & Delay sends have been loaded and give users total

precision in the stereo field.For example by turning AIR Reverb’s Input Width knob

the affected sound can go from dead center mono (-100) to wide stereo spread (+100).

This behavior could only be achieved by using AIR Reverb as an insert FX.

- By popular demand YA templates now include ready made reference tracks to be used as a Mixing/Mastering

guide.

- All Submix channels (1-8) have been routed to pass through the Multi-Band Compressor and can

be used as expected.

- Some minor optimizations.

By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:53 pm
2.0.1 version is out!Check your mail people!

Time to get your DnB thing going on with the new 2.0.1 update plus some exciting tips and optimizations for y'all!

Version 2.0.1

- YA True Stereo Sends (TSS) now can be found inside a new template (YA Mastering-2 Bds TSS).

- Some routings have been changed.Check Tips & Tricks section for the changes.

- Tips & Tricks section has been updated with routings and new Stereo width tips.

- Drum Synth loop track 2 has been changed to a more Housey vibe one (YA 808 House).

Also a mixed/mastered squashy Drum n Bass style loop track 3 has been added (Da Jungle).

- Some minor optimizations
By NearTao Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:14 pm
I just tried out your 2.0 update on one of my last tracks:

Definitely used a lot more of the available sonic space :D

And here you've already moved on to 2.0.1. Will try it on a new track today. Peace!