MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Thetwiddler Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:18 am
I didnt do a lot of mixing on the mpc so far so maybe that question is a lil bit basic. Is it possible to make groups or busses in standalone? U want to have all drums in a bus with some multiband compression and saturation. Would be awesome if there was a conp or saturation that works like the oxford inflator or ableton stock saturation. (In sine mode it van work just like the inflator) for drums i really like to combine upward compression with normal conpression and when needed some transientdesigner. Its so easy to do in a daw but for livesituations some mixing would be great.
By 83dude Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:58 pm
Thetwiddler wrote:I didnt do a lot of mixing on the mpc so far so maybe that question is a lil bit basic. Is it possible to make groups or busses in standalone? U want to have all drums in a bus with some multiband compression and saturation. Would be awesome if there was a conp or saturation that works like the oxford inflator or ableton stock saturation. (In sine mode it van work just like the inflator) for drums i really like to combine upward compression with normal conpression and when needed some transientdesigner. Its so easy to do in a daw but for livesituations some mixing would be great.

You can route pads or programs to submixes. Try those. :nod:
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:46 pm
Thetwiddler wrote:I didnt do a lot of mixing on the mpc so far so maybe that question is a lil bit basic. Is it possible to make groups or busses in standalone? U want to have all drums in a bus with some multiband compression and saturation. Would be awesome if there was a conp or saturation that works like the oxford inflator or ableton stock saturation. (In sine mode it van work just like the inflator) for drums i really like to combine upward compression with normal conpression and when needed some transientdesigner. Its so easy to do in a daw but for livesituations some mixing would be great.

All Submixes are routed to the multi-band compressor..So it’s easy to load up any sound design plugs and work your groups :wink:
By Lampdog Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:58 pm
83dude wrote:You can route pads or programs to submixes. Try those. :nod:
By Thetwiddler Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:10 pm
I found it now. Couldnt find the multiband so far but routing a program or midi track will probably work for me. I hope i can make it work in a way that i can change programs on the fly without changing the routing everytime i guess routing the miditracks instead of the programs will help? I had a old manual so a lot of stuff wasnt covered but i feel like there is not so much explanation in the manual compared to the older gen.
By D!ddle Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:52 am
This template is so underrated for jamming, and for final mastering. I use the Akai Force and it takes some manual setup to get the template set up since the project files provided weren't functional with the Force, but it's pretty easy and it helps you understand all the routing and what's going on under the hood.

Here is a track I been working on in FL Studio. Heavily samples All I Want To Know by Imagination https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRi1a3C_W84.

Before the mastering template

After the mastering template

YA let me know if you want me to send you Akai Force formatted templates or test any future updates on the Force.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:56 am
D!ddle wrote:This template is so underrated for jamming, and for final mastering. I use the Akai Force and it takes some manual setup to get the template set up since the project files provided weren't functional with the Force, but it's pretty easy and it helps you understand all the routing and what's going on under the hood.

Here is a track I been working on in FL Studio. Heavily samples All I Want To Know by Imagination https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRi1a3C_W84.

Before the mastering template

After the mastering template

YA let me know if you want me to send you Akai Force formatted templates or test any future updates on the Force.

Thanks for your review man!Will PM you
:wink:
By stepcorrect Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:50 am
Yorgos! Just grabbed this.
I’m a huge standalone nerd and used to imagine one day when tech would get to the point in which something as thorough as the Force would exist. Using the tools available and hacking together a chain that puts out near passable masters is such a cool move. It’s hopefully going to be mad convenient in terms of quickly bouncing stuff out to test at a festival or club without the added exporting .. etc. We really are living in the future.
I have a few questions for you:

I was sent downloads to both a 1.0.3 and a 2.0.2 version. Both of the mastering preset folders in my 2.0.2 dl are empty? Am I missing something :hmmm:

I pulled up some tunes I’d all but finished and did the hard way around, immediately was impressed. I did end up using submixes for drums, bass, pads, fx.. with the sends up.. with a couple effects in some to automate some stuff. That’s okay right? Like it’s all still summing into the multiband and having multiple signals going in there doesn’t change anything?

So far, everything I’ve exported is cartoonishly brickwalled, some just came out like a solid rectangle lolz. I know some people shoot for that but with DnB it’s better to have some dynamics obviously. Even with my mixdowns pulling down to the -15 db territory things were still coming out slammed if only now with some headroom. Is there something obvious that I’m overlooking that would help with this?
I’m admittedly no mastering scholar and usually outsource it, my mixing are usually okay though.

That being said what are some of the key parameters in the chain that I should be messing with or that you had in mind as a means of adjusting and what would you suggest be left alone?

On a couple songs, some channels (usually audio trax) would be distorting quite a bit but with the output level still being low (-10 / -15)
One I tried for about an hour to isolate and it escaped me still lol.

Thanks for any input you may have
By Yorgos Arabatzis Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:54 pm
stepcorrect wrote:Yorgos! Just grabbed this.
I’m a huge standalone nerd and used to imagine one day when tech would get to the point in which something as thorough as the Force would exist. Using the tools available and hacking together a chain that puts out near passable masters is such a cool move. It’s hopefully going to be mad convenient in terms of quickly bouncing stuff out to test at a festival or club without the added exporting .. etc. We really are living in the future.
I have a few questions for you:

I was sent downloads to both a 1.0.3 and a 2.0.2 version. Both of the mastering preset folders in my 2.0.2 dl are empty? Am I missing something :hmmm:

I pulled up some tunes I’d all but finished and did the hard way around, immediately was impressed. I did end up using submixes for drums, bass, pads, fx.. with the sends up.. with a couple effects in some to automate some stuff. That’s okay right? Like it’s all still summing into the multiband and having multiple signals going in there doesn’t change anything?

So far, everything I’ve exported is cartoonishly brickwalled, some just came out like a solid rectangle lolz. I know some people shoot for that but with DnB it’s better to have some dynamics obviously. Even with my mixdowns pulling down to the -15 db territory things were still coming out slammed if only now with some headroom. Is there something obvious that I’m overlooking that would help with this?
I’m admittedly no mastering scholar and usually outsource it, my mixing are usually okay though.

That being said what are some of the key parameters in the chain that I should be messing with or that you had in mind as a means of adjusting and what would you suggest be left alone?

On a couple songs, some channels (usually audio trax) would be distorting quite a bit but with the output level still being low (-10 / -15)
One I tried for about an hour to isolate and it escaped me still lol.

Thanks for any input you may have

Hi,
Do you own the AKAI Force or an MPC?
By Korzo Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:44 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Hi,

I like your template, some of my songs sounds amazing after using your template.
However, I struggle when looking for the perfect kick for my current sample. When I'm searching/previewing in the browser it sounds totally different than when I assign it to a pad (In the preview the sound has not the mastering, and when assigned to a pad it has the mastering).
Do you have any trick or tip for this?
By Lampdog Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:30 pm
You can always turn off effects in order to hear the raw samples.