MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NearTao Tue May 19, 2020 2:40 pm
@Yorgos

I just picked this up and did a quick read through the manual... so I haven't used it yet.

There definitely seems to be a few caveats to how you are managing things... and I was curious if maybe there ought to be a third mastering option... which might be to export a project to an audio track, and then load up the YA Mastering so that you only had to load an audio track to master.

I am curious what your thoughts might be on working with just an audio track as a mastering process and if there are any pros or cons to this kind of approach.

Thanks!
By Danoc Tue May 19, 2020 3:47 pm
Ok nice. You got the waves joint ok l see you bro. You're definitely good to go. I use S1v4 mastering setup.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri May 22, 2020 12:44 pm
Of course you can export a project and then import it and process it inside the template.Personally i find it more intuitive to mix and master as i process a track.The real-time feedback you’re getting from this is really enlightening!
If i had to go the export route I’d definitely export in stems and not as a single audio file cause i like to have total control over my mix.But as I said the control you have in real-time is unmatched..
NearTao wrote:@Yorgos

I just picked this up and did a quick read through the manual... so I haven't used it yet.

There definitely seems to be a few caveats to how you are managing things... and I was curious if maybe there ought to be a third mastering option... which might be to export a project to an audio track, and then load up the YA Mastering so that you only had to load an audio track to master.

I am curious what your thoughts might be on working with just an audio track as a mastering process and if there are any pros or cons to this kind of approach.

Thanks!
By BKmpclive Mon May 25, 2020 12:51 pm
Ignored this for a while. Honestly, I thought this was scammy. But I checked it out (bought it). Very impressed. It’s like mastering advice you download and the results are very satisfying. Very ingenious! Great job my man.
By Lampdog Mon May 25, 2020 1:17 pm
I’ve loaded a few of my projects into this template and all of them came out sounding better than the original projects, my mixing wasn’t bad to begin with imo.

This made shit way better and it’s a cool thing to see in action.

By Yorgos Arabatzis Tue May 26, 2020 5:25 am
Thank you gentlemen!Love to hear real world experiences with it!May i post your comments on my website?
Another update is on the way btw guys!
There will be another preset variation of YA Mastering transforming the multi-band from 3 bands to 2 and using the extra 2 return channels for creating a custom true stereo reverb for returns. Yep, the reverbs aren’t true stereo if you’re using them on your returns..You can check this easily if you place a reverb in a return channel and send a sound to it hard panned let’s say at 50 right.You’ll hear the reverb bleeding to the center and left of the stereo spectrum.That’s not good if you want to precisely place your sounds in the stereo field and don’t want to clutter your mix.Also i will update the tips and tricks section of the PDF manual with some space and depth special tips!Videos on the way too!
Stay tuned!
By philphil Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:34 am
Hey, just wanted to chime in. I bought this template and gave it a try last night on a quick beat. This thing is good. I understand what Lampdog said with everything is at peak, as I can hear all instruments on all different sets of speakers in my house. Good ones like shot ones. Highly recommend it.
I’m no sound engineer, make beats for fun and I just want something that works for me.
I’m using the standalone template.
Cheers
By Yorgos Arabatzis Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:22 pm
That's the beauty of it!It applies to everyone!Hit me up via PM with your name to post your comments on my website if that's ok with you..
philphil wrote:Hey, just wanted to chime in. I bought this template and gave it a try last night on a quick beat. This thing is good. I understand what Lampdog said with everything is at peak, as I can hear all instruments on all different sets of speakers in my house. Good ones like shot ones. Highly recommend it.
I’m no sound engineer, make beats for fun and I just want something that works for me.
I’m using the standalone template.
Cheers
By BeatWilson Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:06 pm
Not sure if its the cats in your picture or all the good comments people been saying about this template, but i am again looking into it. I seen it when you first posted. I checked out the before and after. Guess gonna give it a whirl and see how it does.

Nice to see people doing things like this for the mpc. I support it if it works. Straight up.

Not sure how you got the Multiband Compressor going but i will know soon enough. I was just about to start a new project today. Ill just do it with your Template as a test run.

Keep it up.

I got one question.
I use ableton/als export. Since there are submix's going on, if i export to ableton will they show up or will it bypass those effect and other things? I remember that being a thing in the past.

Thanks.
By BeatWilson Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:30 pm
So i imported a track in and did was your instructions said on your site. It definitely give me music more body. Drums are more knocking. One thing i noticed is that if i record into my daw, my soundwaves are crazy compressed looking as before the template i had some dynamics. i gotta make some adjustments i guess, but honestly this is a pretty sick template.

BTW i tried to export to ableton and i couldnt figure out what came with the export and what got lost.
It seems this maybe more for users that want to just record into there computer and be done. Not sure if im wrong, im assuming some will touch things up in a daw, and some will use this template only.

Anyways. All in all. Good Job Dude.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:10 pm
BeatWilson wrote:Not sure if its the cats in your picture or all the good comments people been saying about this template, but i am again looking into it. I seen it when you first posted. I checked out the before and after. Guess gonna give it a whirl and see how it does.

Nice to see people doing things like this for the mpc. I support it if it works. Straight up.

Not sure how you got the Multiband Compressor going but i will know soon enough. I was just about to start a new project today. Ill just do it with your Template as a test run.

Keep it up.

I got one question.
I use ableton/als export. Since there are submix's going on, if i export to ableton will they show up or will it bypass those effect and other things? I remember that being a thing in the past.

Thanks.

Heheh it’s one cat and his name is Bagheera!
Thanks man appreciate it!I’m sure you’re love it..
Haven’t tested the als export to be honest because there was no need to do it in the first place.All the mixing and mastering is been done in standalone you’ll see it for yourself.I use Ableton as a recorder basically.I place a limiter on my recording channel give it a +3dB boost and the levels and tightness is studio grade.

BeatWilson wrote: So i imported a track in and did was your instructions said on your site. It definitely give me music more body. Drums are more knocking. One thing i noticed is that if i record into my daw, my soundwaves are crazy compressed looking as before the template i had some dynamics. i gotta make some adjustments i guess, but honestly this is a pretty sick template.

Ye you definitely need to revisit your mixing levels it’s a whole new world :) The closer your mix (pre-YA template loaded) to 0dB the squashier will be.If you want it more dynamic just peak your mix between -6db to -9dB (pre-YA template loaded).If we take this individually imagine for example your kick’s fader at -9dB to -12dB.
Just check every detail in the manual and you won’t regret it.Pure gold in it!

BeatWilson wrote: BTW i tried to export to ableton and i couldnt figure out what came with the export and what got lost.
It seems this maybe more for users that want to just record into there computer and be done. Not sure if im wrong, im assuming some will touch things up in a daw, and some will use this template only.

Anyways. All in all. Good Job Dude.

As i said above i haven’t tested this out but i could give it a visit and check it..
Thanks for your support and stay tuned a new 1.0.4 update is on the way with some stereo field magic in it!
And one last thing..Can i use your review on my website?