MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Blue Haze Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:14 am
Lampdog wrote:I let a friend listen to my before YA and after YA.
He was flowers floored and my mixing aint all that bad inthe first place imo.
He said something I’d never heard before.

“Sounded like all the instruments were hitting at peak performance!”

This shyt is great. Thank you YA.

This was all the endorsement I needed I bought it and download it and I have been just learning all I can on how to use it. All I can say it that it is great.
By 64hz Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:27 pm
Blue Haze wrote:
Lampdog wrote:I let a friend listen to my before YA and after YA.
He was flowers floored and my mixing aint all that bad inthe first place imo.
He said something I’d never heard before.

This shyt is great. Thank you YA.

This was all the endorsement I needed I bought it and download it and I have been just learning all I can on how to use it. All I can say it that it is great.

Night and day isnt?
By Linen Associate Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:32 pm
I ran some of my tracks through the MPC2 software using the YA MPC Software Mastering Init.xpj after getting the OTT plugin and setting up the submixes, presets, etc. per the instructions. I compared the unmixed, YA mixed, and even a couple (poorly) self mixed tracks against each other. Its kinda hard for me to put into words but the YA mixes just sounded much more alive over the source material. Texture and crispness instead of, now to my ears after comparing, bland flatness. And I was just doing it the easiest way possible by running already recorded stuff through it!

I am satisfied. :worthy:
By Blue Haze Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:40 am

This shyt is great. Thank you YA.[/color][/quote]

Night and day isnt?[/quote]

Yes indeed I never knew that I could get my mpc to sound like that out the box. I always tracked into logic for mixing and mastering before. This is a eye opener.
By Blue Haze Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:53 am
Thank Ya and others for the heads up definitely one of the best online purchases I made in a while. God Bless
By Auditor Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:16 pm
Hey Yorgos, I just bought your mastering template. I'm using a Force. 2 questions:

Your manual says to route the Submix to outputs 7,8. The force only has options for 1,2 or 3,4. Which should I route it to?

Also, the Force gives me an error when I try to open the INIT template (or any other templates). I can still load the Mastering FX, but not the templates (where I assume all this I/O is already set up for me).

Any help?

Other than that, I'm excited to check out your tools!
By J.O.BEATS Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:51 pm
Been using the original versions of this template with good success. Decided to check out the updates to utilize the limiter.

Question for anybody using the newest update. Are you getting good results with this chain? I’m going into the master buss even lower than the suggested levels and getting quite a bit of distortion. Checked the compressor and was surprised how loud the output was set feeding into the limiter. Anybody else have this issue?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:42 pm
Auditor wrote:Hey Yorgos, I just bought your mastering template. I'm using a Force. 2 questions:

Your manual says to route the Submix to outputs 7,8. The force only has options for 1,2 or 3,4. Which should I route it to?

Haven’t test the templates myself to a Force cause i don’t own one so i asked a user to test it and he said it was working fine.
Is it ok with you to run some tests on this?
As for outputs 7,8 you can choose an output that you’re not using.Act like a dummy output or something.It needs this to work..Also can you tell me what error are you getting?Maybe it’s the 7-8 outputs error?
Last edited by Yorgos Arabatzis on Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:46 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:Been using the original versions of this template with good success. Decided to check out the updates to utilize the limiter.

Question for anybody using the newest update. Are you getting good results with this chain? I’m going into the master buss even lower than the suggested levels and getting quite a bit of distortion. Checked the compressor and was surprised how loud the output was set feeding into the limiter. Anybody else have this issue?

It’s a matter of taste on the compressor’s output..Lowering it or mixing your tracks at lower levels gives you a more dynamic mix..It was setup like this for max loudness :-D
By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:15 pm
renegadebliss wrote:Your only MPC patch is the Mastering Template, right? Just making sure....

Nop, not only my Mastering template..
You can find inside the various projects files some ready mixed/mastered tracks by me and also a special project that I tweaked to transform MPC's sends to true Stereo sends plus an MPC Software version of my template that uses the free OTT multi-band plugin to free up the available sends.
Just about an hour left for the Black fest to start :-D

Cheers!