MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bwandice Thu May 09, 2019 10:48 pm
Thinking about getting a Live, but I want to make sure that it can serve one basic function.

I'd like to use an MPC as a standalone launchpad from which I can trigger both samples and MIDI sequences. I know that's easy to do with samples, but I'm not sure about how it would work with MIDI files (I've not seen any demos that would illustrate this.) For instance, I'd like to connect two external synths via MIDI, then launch/loop MIDI sequences (written on a DAW) from a single pad--as opposed to each pad triggering individual notes. Bonus points if I could launch these MIDI sequences and other samples from a single bank.

Is the MPC Live capable of this?
By slipsongs Wed May 15, 2019 11:41 pm
Currently trying to figure this exact same thing out...I'm just diving into my MPC. You can't launch midi sequences from the Clip Program which sucks.

Would be cool to launch scenes including audio and midi clips firing simultaneously like you can in Ableton. Is there a workaround for this?