MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Droe33 Mon May 13, 2019 5:32 pm
Tell me what are you using them for on the mpc software. I hear there comming to standalone in july so it could be nice to hear some examples because some of us dont use them really.
By wavejockey Tue May 14, 2019 5:45 am
theres a post on the MPC live thread on GS from dan the man
By Droe33 Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 am
couldnt you just compress the pad, track or program? im just trying to figure out whats up with the submix
By zangetsu01 Tue May 14, 2019 8:51 am
I use them to group intstument tracks and put effects on them that will effect the whole group. Wish we had more..

What OS version will the next update be??
Bymember04959388 Tue May 14, 2019 12:28 pm
Droe33 wrote:couldnt you just compress the pad, track or program? im just trying to figure out whats up with the submix

You can for example put an effect on a qlink and affect different sounds all together.
By Droe33 Tue May 14, 2019 6:42 pm
ok thats definitely useful but i thought that was already possible. guess not... i just assumed.
Bymember04959388 Tue May 14, 2019 6:50 pm
Droe33 wrote:ok thats definitely useful but i thought that was already possible. guess not... i just assumed.

On standalone, There are workarounds like using one of the outputs as a sort of submix but a proper way to work with submixes isn't possible at the moment
By ralphyartis' Wed May 15, 2019 5:58 am
Droe33 wrote:couldnt you just compress the pad, track or program? im just trying to figure out whats up with the submix

this is what I have been doing but i think submixes for me would be easier to organize and require less setup since it is a workaround plus I would hope that submixes will be part of a redesign of the mix screen. I believe there is a glimpse of this with the Akai FORCE mixer screen. I think a linear view of a mix window like you see in most DAWs would be nice.
By wavejockey Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 am
is it possible to send audio to different outputs (at the same time) using submixes?