MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Certified Beatz Wed May 15, 2019 12:16 am
On Windows OS has anyone tried have both DAW i use Cubase with mpc 2.5 software open both at the same time not as a plugin.

Looking have cubase master and mpc 2.5 as the slave mtc and record midi and audio to cubase.. i see loopbe30 and downloaded to try later this week.. that will only allow to record midi data between to DAW's. Looking to see if i can get time sync..
By Danoc Wed May 15, 2019 2:20 am
Certified Beatz wrote:On Windows OS has anyone tried have both DAW i use Cubase with mpc 2.5 software open both at the same time not as a plugin.

Looking have cubase master and mpc 2.5 as the slave mtc and record midi and audio to cubase.. i see loopbe30 and downloaded to try later this week.. that will only allow to record midi data between to DAW's. Looking to see if i can get time sync..

Im looking to sync the Live with Reason 10.
By Danoc Wed May 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Bezo wrote:I'm hoping to get around to synching the Live to Logic. Too bad for me the Live can't be the master.

Yeah that's a bummer. the Live always has to be the slave. But I wouldn't mind that, I am trying to get it to work period. Cause then I can tap my drums out using the pads on the MPC from Reason's Redrum. That would be sick! Then open up VST's and tap some melodies out also. I gotta get this to work, or maybe at this time it won't.
By Bezo Wed May 15, 2019 3:59 pm
Danoc wrote:
Bezo wrote:I'm hoping to get around to synching the Live to Logic. Too bad for me the Live can't be the master.

Yeah that's a bummer. the Live always has to be the slave. But I wouldn't mind that, I am trying to get it to work period. Cause then I can tap my drums out using the pads on the MPC from Reason's Redrum. That would be sick! Then open up VST's and tap some melodies out also. I gotta get this to work, or maybe at this time it won't.
My ideal set up at this point would be to use MPC as a plugin in Logic, sequence in/on the MPC and have that MIDI trigger Instrument Tracks in Logic. No need to sync, and the transport controls can be mapped to control Logic.

I came across instructions for doing something similar with EZDrummer 2 that involves going into the Logic Environment (over my head), but EZDrummer has a MIDI out feature. I wonder if it could be done with MPC or is it only possible with EZDrummer because of that MIDI out feature.

EZDRUMMER 2 MIDI OUT WITH APPLE LOGIC
Setting up Apple Logic

EZDrummer 2 MIDI Out function requires Logic version 8 or later.

Before you start, you should make sure that you are familiar with how to operate Virtual Instruments in your host and that you have a copy of YFDS (Your Favorite Drum Sampler) configured for Audio and MIDI playback.

1) Inserting the plug-in:
• Insert EZdrummer 2 on an Audio Instrument track

2) Setting up:
• Insert YFSG on an Audio Instrument track

• Enable MIDI out in the Menu of EZdrummer 2. (i.e. click Menu > Enable MIDI out

At this point you will be able to drive YFDS with EZdrummer 2 but you will also trigger any MIDI instrument that you happen to record-arm. You therefore need to perform the following for additional flexibility:

• Open the Logic Environment
• Copy paste YFDS Instrument track to the ‘Click and Ports’ layer
• Still in the ‘Click and Ports’ layer, create a ‘Channel Splitter’ object
• Connect the EZDrummer 2 entry of the ‘Physical Input’ to the Channel Splitter
• Connect Ch1 of the ‘Channel Splitter’ to the Instrument track with YFDS on

(the other channels can be used for additional sound sources you wish to drive)

• In EZdrummer 2, press Play
By Certified Beatz Wed May 15, 2019 9:13 pm
Danoc wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:On Windows OS has anyone tried have both DAW i use Cubase with mpc 2.5 software open both at the same time not as a plugin.

Im looking to sync the Live with Reason 10.

You can rewire with reason..

In just looking to record midi and audio across DAWs to build a faster work flow..
By Danoc Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 pm
Oh no! I never liked to Rewire. Ill keep rockin the way lve been.

Certified Beatz wrote:

In just looking to record midi and audio across DAWs to build a faster work flow..
By Certified Beatz Wed May 15, 2019 11:31 pm
Danoc wrote:Oh no! I never liked to Rewire. Ill keep rockin the way lve been.

Certified Beatz wrote:

I agree with you on that one
By Certified Beatz Sat May 18, 2019 3:10 am
Im able to sync both cubase and the mpc software.. i had a session and finish a beat.. tired so maybe well i know im doing something wrong..

I have both daws using the MPC x audio card.. i think that's my problem i can sync from cubase with my mixer and it is on sync but i cannot record midi into cubase.. I'm missing the big picture with loopbe30 virtual midi.. i have all 16 virtual midi channels selected in the MPC software. And created midi tracks in cubase i cannot see any midi transmitting when armed?
By quietizkept Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:53 am
I use Jack Audio for 16 stereo outs from the MPC Software to 16 stereo ins in Harrison Mixbus. Jack also lets me send MMC from MPC to Mixbus to control transport. I did the same thing with Cakewalk but it quit working for some reason.

Jack audio is kinda a nightmare to set up, there is a thing or two on the "Using Jack With Windows" guide that aren't correct & I figured them out (such as the Jack version number in the file path, it no longer exists. the folder just says Jack, not JackBLAHBLAHBLAH like the guide says). Once you get it set up, though, it's no problem to first run the Jack program before opening both softwares. Sometimes I put it in my startup folder.

I had to figure it out, though, as MPC 2.0 BROKE the ability to send MMC from the plugin to the host DAW. I refuse to use MPC's crippled mixer. The MPC Software can't even do parallel drums without flanging. Plugin Delay Compensation is long overdue.

I wish MPC Software had the option to use 32 bit audio but 24 bit is totally fine and Jack handles it perfectly.
Oddly, the combined CPU usage of both programs is less than running MPC as a plugin in the DAW. No idea why but it does. :hmmm: