MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 11:08 pm
Nah its not about me, its about the end of the MPC standalone.
There are more happy than unhappy? That gotta be your opinion. Again hit the main page of those who didn't move on and have issues.
Peace
SupremeSoulstice wrote:Like I said, was just trying to make sure I understood you. So is this post about unhappy customers or is it about what the Live/X and the environment should be to you? Like I said, I’m sure there’s way more happy users than there are unhappy ones. Unhappy ones have moved on by now I’m sure.. peace G
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 11:21 pm
Yes, l been rockin the MPC since the 60. I didnt have one l rocked someone's else MPC 60. I was younger l couldn't afford that.

Is that what yall do to relax? Smoke and drink beer? I just told a dude above l don't smoke nor drunk at all. :vomit:
You must didn't read what l said. Im calm whete on earth are you getting that lm not relaxed?

Now where on earth, again did you see me say l don't like my MPC Live? Did you actually read my post? Seems tje only one who read my post and understand clearly is Eyalc! Not only understands but eloquently wrote a 5 star post on it.
If you can show me where l said l don't love my MPC live show it to me.

I don't have bugs so l love my MPC :-D

All l expressed was this is the end of the road for the MPC standalone. I have stated why. There's no hate. Just a patter observation. :smoker:

Frisbi wrote:Mpc since the 60?
Man relax and chill out, have a beer, smoke.
You don't like Mpc anymore?
Yeah cool, no problem.
Some days I also fighted with bugs and wanted to throw it from the window.
But then I forget about that and go back to Mpc and think "damn, it sounds good".
Never mind, use what you feel its better for you, there is no magic wand and no perfect device, its the music you make with them that counts.
By Cockdiesel Tue May 21, 2019 12:19 am
I am sure you’re right Danoc there won’t be another completely standalone Mpc. Any new piece will involve some aspect of computer connectivity.

I am sure I am not the only one who gathered that from the way the tread started.

Seems like you started off top with all the complaints people been having since day 1 and that there will never be another Mpc like the live or x...

Sorry for misunderstanding your post, but maybe you should have made if more clear.
By Danoc Tue May 21, 2019 1:25 am
:lol: it was very clear what l said. The fact that Eyalc got it showed it was very clear.

That's cool though.

Peace and blessings.

Cockdiesel wrote:I am sure you’re right Danoc there won’t be another completely standalone Mpc. Any new piece will involve some aspect of computer connectivity.

I am sure I am not the only one who gathered that from the way the tread started.

Seems like you started off top with all the complaints people been having since day 1 and that there will never be another Mpc like the live or x...

Sorry for misunderstanding your post, but maybe you should have made if more clear.
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 21, 2019 2:02 am
I've said it a long time ago, the flagship MPC needs to be an absolute BEAST. It must be something that is very hard to replace in a setup. There are lots of options and the MPC experience is no longer unique. As @Eylac stated it's nonsense.

Instead of using cutting edge technology, they are pandering and pushing novelty gear. If it was up to me, I would fix and support the current gear and then hit the RESET BUTTON! I would only focus on making one machine with all the hardware bells and whistle.

If LOGIC or ABLETON releases a full size (MPC X/4000/3000 SIZE) standalone with their full software DAW integrated it's lights out.

FOR STARTERS

16 Analogue in and 16 ADAT (for a total of 32 separate in)
16 Analogue out and 16 ADAT OUT (for a total of 32 separate out)
32 out over USB 3
64 to 128 Gig of RAM
Intel i7 or i9
HDMI, SPDIF, WORD CLOCK
4 MIDI in and 8 MIDI out
32 channels of DANTE
Polyphonic Touch Sensing Drum Pads

@DANOC said it like a NEW YORKER :lol: No beating around the bush. I feel you 100% my mellow.

@Eylac check your dm.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Tue May 21, 2019 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By richie Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 am
Speaking of software. It's sad how the cracked version of 2.5.0 uses less memory than the one direct from Akai.
By Danoc Tue May 21, 2019 2:20 am
BeatWilson wrote:o ok I must of mis understood my bad danoc. i get it. and yes standalone will probbaly always come with software now. it is what it is

No problem peace.
By Danoc Tue May 21, 2019 2:47 am
Good lawd lol

I was going to say intel but l kept quiet. Daaaam that's a lot of ram lol

CharlesRandolph wrote:I've said it a long time ago, the flagship MPC needs to be an absolute BEAST. It must be something that is very hard to replace in a setup. There are lots of options and the MPC experience is no longer unique. As @Eylac stated it's nonsense.

Instead of using cutting edge technology, they are pandering and pushing novelty gear. If it was up to me, I would fix and support the current gear and then hit the RESET BUTTON! I would only focus on making one machine with all the hardware bells and whistle.

If LOGIC or ABLETON releases a full size (MPC X/4000/3000 SIZE) standalone with their full software DAW integrated it's lights out.

FOR STARTERS

16 Analogue in and 16 ADAT (for a total of 32 separate in)
16 Analogue out and 16 ADAT OUT (for a total of 32 separate out)
32 out over USB 3
64 to 128 Gig of RAM
Intel i7 or i9
HDMI, SPDIF, WORD CLOCK
4 MIDI in and 8 MIDI out
32 channels of DANTE
Polyphonic Touch Sensing Drum Pads

@DANOC said like a NEW YORKER :lol: No beating around the bush. I feel you 100% my mellow.

@Eylac check your dm.
By Danoc Tue May 21, 2019 2:55 am
richie wrote:Speaking of software. It's sad how the cracked version of 2.5.0 uses less memory than the one direct from Akai.

:shock: Oooohhh man lol
By QuickStrike Tue May 21, 2019 3:34 am
This is actually a good thread. Donoc does it again. Yo akai hope your reading this thread and taking notes.

Dear akai the Hardware is great software too many mistakes.... Lets gooo!
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 21, 2019 4:25 am
QuickStrike wrote:This is actually a good thread. Donoc does it again. Yo akai hope your reading this thread and taking notes.

Dear akai the Hardware is great software too many mistakes.... Lets gooo!

The MPC X hardware should be much better. It lacks most professional input and output.

1. You can't send audio over USB in standalone.
2. Can't patch a USB interface and record 8 audio tracks at a time.
3. There are no options cards.
4. It doesn't have adat, madi, wordclock, ethernet, or SPDIF
5. No cascade function
6. Only four inputs.
7. No meter bridge or option to add one.

The MPC should replace most audio interfaces on the market.
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 21, 2019 4:33 am
Danoc wrote:Good lawd lol

I was going to say intel but l kept quiet. Daaaam that's a lot of ram lol

It has to be. The idea for standalone is to actually stand alone. Make it a beast.
By Danoc Tue May 21, 2019 4:51 am
:worthy: word! You know l agree to that. Yes it should replace interfaces, being its an interface its self. You see what l did, went ITB and prove you don't need an interface.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
It has to be. The idea for standalone is to actually stand alone. Make it a beast.
By r4nd0m Tue May 21, 2019 7:32 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:If LOGIC or ABLETON releases a full size (MPC X/4000/3000 SIZE) standalone with their full software DAW integrated it's lights out.

I guess its never going to happen - Apple has almost left the pro-department and just maintains its base but innovation has stopped - apart from that I doubt that they would look at a niche market like this.

Ableton doesnt have the skills I would say nor the interest to deliver a standalone device while needing to port their software. I actually thought the Force looks like their “Push3”, rushed to market with the promise to fully support Ableton as a result of AKAI/Ableton relationship going sour and development having surpassed the gate of no return, so AKAI releasing it anyway as they saw potential for it in the absence of Ableton willing to take it all the way.

Innovations like this take a serious amount of time to develop but with X/Live they had the software in place and experience to bring the intended controller to market BUT still need to deliver the Ableton integration - I am not sure if what Andi showed in various NAMM videos is the actual integration in full that people expect AKAI to deliver being able to be used standalone and to fully replace the Push2.

Again I dont think Apple/Ableton will enter this market at any time - its easier to upgrade a PC or to replace a multi purpose laptop to advance their product instead of needing to buy a complete new revision of hardware. In fact they both tease with different, limited versions people to buy into their core software package (Garageband/Lite/Intro) to get people to buy Logic/Standard/Suite and retain revenue streams by making major updates a paid upgrade.