MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fanu Thu May 30, 2019 6:12 pm
The bottom line is, though, who actually cares what it's called (unless your job is at Akai's marketing dept.).
If it works for you and does what it has to do, that's what matters.
You can come and call my MPCs and SPs "filthy socks" if you want and I won't care.
By Danoc Thu May 30, 2019 6:50 pm
Droe33 wrote:hahaha thanks. i just get tired of going in circles....

If you get tired of going around in dumb circle definitions you shoould be leaving that way. -----> :lol: lmao cause you got mad lol
By pspsounds Thu May 30, 2019 6:54 pm
I would use a boom box with a built-in mic and that was my so called DAW. Hey, I made it work. The MPC was not originally made to make hip hop. People got a hold to it and made it into a unique instrument. Same thing with turntables. Just remember a superior DAW can make inferior music. And a DAW with many limitations can create a masterpiece. It all depends on who is using it. Since the addition of side chain, built-in virtual instruments and quality effects I consider the MPC software a very useable “DAW” or whatever you want to call it.

To each his own. Back to the beats.
By Danoc Thu May 30, 2019 7:17 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Okay this conversation is now, below my pay grade. Enjoy your soap. :lol:

:lol: :lol:
By hansjbs Thu May 30, 2019 7:32 pm
Who cares if the MPC is a DAW or not. If you're happy using it great if not move on.
But it was nice reading the last couple pages. Thanks for the entertainment :lol: :lol: :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Thu May 30, 2019 7:58 pm
I took a pay cut, just so I can post this. :lol:

Question: Can you compose the music, record vocal, mix them, and master the song using the MPC LIVE or X.
Answer: Yes you can, all the capabilities are there. It's a DAW.

We made songs using an Ensoniq EPS, a Microphone, and a Fostex 4 track. Mixed everything down to two tracks, ran the Two track into a Numark: DM1775A DJ Mixer and EQ'ed it and record to it to a Tape deck, using a Metal Tape as a master.

From there we used the Metal Tape master and high speed dubbed copies. :lol: We didn't know what we were doing. But it turned out, we were doing it right. Initiative, drive, creativity, and will-power can go a long way.

If you can't make music using a MPC Live/X don't blame the gear. Blame yourself. :nod:
"MPC IS A DAW" my new T-Shirt. Who wants to buy one?

By Lampdog Thu May 30, 2019 8:02 pm