MPC X & MPC Live Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X & MPC Live, Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
User avatar
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 pm
Ummmm lm a fan of the MPC not Akai!

Two months ago what new MPC standalone did Akai release?

Cockdiesel wrote:can you blame them? without some of this selling out, some of these companies wouldn't exist. Would you rather have something to **** about, or **** about nothing to **** about?

I know you make straight fire with your x quick, not sure what your gripes have been. Although I hate the mpc software and know you also had experiance with he ren and all that.

Danoc was the biggest AKai fanboy these last few years, but it doesn't seem he needs the live... now he's saying standalone units are over for akai two monthes after akai releases a new standalone unit...

bare with me i just don't understand the mental gymnastics going on here, or even the point.
User avatar
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 9:00 pm
Its not a train of thought here CD, lm looking at the constant pattern that Akai has as a record since becoming InMusic or whatever.

Im not talking about other companies lm talking about Akai. I refuse to buy a standalone machine from any other company.
Let ask you, would you buy a new standalone if Akai came out with it tomorrow knowing they haven't gotten the gli9and problems fixed on these machines?

Cockdiesel wrote:
I don't understand the train of thought danoc is rocking here. I foresee a lot more standalone units for most companies. The old-school MPC head isn't the target market. Look more towards those hooked on modular crack, and aspiring "DJ producers" with money to blow. Go on instagram or youtube, popular beat makers just rock fl studio now. Kick out like 20 beats a night and sell sample packs...
.
User avatar
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 9:11 pm
Taking a page from quick strike:

"
I cant wait to read the excuse responses for akai pros f-ups. Yall be like "It's not all MPCs it's just your unit send it back" lol Or the typical "ignore the problem and add more gimmicks" Or blame the user and say the old mpc heads don't know what they're doing lol. "
User avatar
By Lampdog Mon May 20, 2019 9:20 pm
Eyalc wrote:One track from my previous album is in my signature.

dat Sunrise tho
User avatar
By D3V1L15H Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 pm
i think im the guy mentioned in the first post. Im on my 3rd MPC Live. The first one lasted about 9 months before I had major screen glitch issues and issues with working in controller mode that made controller mode useless. The 2nd MPC i got, a brand new replacement from Akai, came with a noteceable screen defect. Sent that back within a week for another brand new replacement. My 3rd one has the same issues as what the first one ended up with. Although the controller mode issues still may very well be an issue with my laptop, the screen glitches are not as they occur in standalone, and it makes using the MPC extremely frustrating.

Its like the kids board game "operation" where I have to use the touch screen ever so delicately to avoid it spazzing out and selecting the wrong area or kicking me to a random ass menu. It also makes using XYFX nearly useless, or doing anything "live" on the Live.

On my first Live I think i started experiencing these screen glitches after firmware 2.2

Idk. It kinda sucks cuz i notice i been using the Live less and less now.

I have hopes the bugs will eventually get ironed out tho.

I hope.
By BeatWilson Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 pm
yes danoc you know everything *rolls eyes* ill continue to do me, you continue to do you. you seem to have things figured out and yes i have eyesballs and see you goof. been on all these pages for over 5 years, didnt need to type essayings on here where nothing changes or gets addressed. have a good one. :Sigh: :lol:

Danoc, the Nostradamus of MPC's Akai and the Music World. Maybe even predicts the next big UFC fight, or football game. Anyone got anyone questions just ask this guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just bugging ya dude. Smoke a dub and relax
User avatar
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 pm
What you went through makes no dam sense. I wonder if they just sent you the same machine back. If you send another out take a black marker, mark it just a lil bit under the bottom. They send it back and you see that then you'll know what's up.

D3V1L15H wrote:i think im the guy mentioned in the first post. Im on my 3rd MPC Live. The first one lasted about 9 months before I had major screen glitch issues and issues with working in controller mode that made controller mode useless. The 2nd MPC i got, a brand new replacement from Akai, came with a noteceable screen defect. Sent that back within a week for another brand new replacement. My 3rd one has the same issues as what the first one ended up with. Although the controller mode issues still may very well be an issue with my laptop, the screen glitches are not as they occur in standalone, and it makes using the MPC extremely frustrating.

Its like the kids board game "operation" where I have to use the touch screen ever so delicately to avoid it spazzing out and selecting the wrong area or kicking me to a random ass menu. It also makes using XYFX nearly useless, or doing anything "live" on the Live.

On my first Live I think i started experiencing these screen glitches after firmware 2.2

Idk. It kinda sucks cuz i notice i been using the Live less and less now.

I have hopes the bugs will eventually get ironed out tho.

I hope.
User avatar
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 10:03 pm
Is that your come back? Im not predicting nothing, l see what you see not. Im looking at the current situation and patterns. See look at the guy above you. Had to send his machine back and forth multiple times. I told you go look at the main page, 90% is problems and lm not one of them having issues.

If my machine works and l said what l said that means l care. I could say "l ain't going to say nothing f*** them my machne works ".
Im a realist and seeing what l see kinda hurts! My point is l can't even have a decent convo with guys cause there are so many problems.

Lets say Akai makes one more MPC what price range will it be? Do you think people will buy into it. ? You think there will be a big rush to trade in the Live and X? What type if components will that machine have, e.g. Ram, disk streaming etc.

Nah you're not buggin me you buggin yourself. I don't smoke nor drink at no time, see ya got me twisted.

BeatWilson wrote:yes danoc you know everything *rolls eyes* ill continue to do me, you continue to do you. you seem to have things figured out and yes i have eyesballs and see you goof. been on all these pages for over 5 years, didnt need to type essayings on here where nothing changes or gets addressed. have a good one. :Sigh: :lol:

Danoc, the Nostradamus of MPC's Akai and the Music World. Maybe even predicts the next big UFC fight, or football game. Anyone got anyone questions just ask this guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just bugging ya dude. Smoke a dub and relax
By hansjbs Mon May 20, 2019 10:17 pm
Ohhhh boy. Another one of those threads. I agree with those that think this is just his opinion and doesn't hold any value. Just yesterday the mpc was loved now Nope. Smh. People post just to post and stir **** up. Once the new shiny MPC comes out same people will praise akai again and jump on it.
Dont want to use the MPC anymore cool, sell it and move on. No need for all this extra. What's wrong with the world today when people feel the need tell everyone what they feel and make nonsense statements like they know WTF will happen. SMH.
Last edited by hansjbs on Mon May 20, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By SupremeSoulstice Mon May 20, 2019 10:18 pm
Danoc, I disagree. Let me make sure I got this right. Didn't you say previously you've only been rocking with MPC's since 2017? Or you've been giving them a chance since 2017? Didn't you also say you only use the MPC for drum programming? Seems like a computer setup, and a simple controller may suit you better. Most of us older heads in here been rocking since the 60's and 3000 era, leaving after the 4000 and coming back with the reintroduction of the standalone. The real bread and butter of these machines have been the rock solid midi and sequencing. I'd rather do the majority of what I need to do not tethered to a computer until it's time to record and mix. That's just me and my opinion. Maybe MPC's aren't viable to you and how you'd like to work. Doesn't mean it's a wrap for standalone. As far as problems with bad units? It happens with NI.. I experienced it with them as well. Their commitment to customers and overall customer service sucks. You can not hear a word from their support team for months! I had an issue with My first MPC, contacted support on their page, received an immediate response and a brand new live shipped to my door within 4 days. Can't please everyone every time. I have no complaints.
Last edited by SupremeSoulstice on Mon May 20, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 10:19 pm
Does Ableton link work anyone?


@Hanjbs
So your opinion on me is here.

Now let me ask you where did l say l didn't love MY MPC live? Show me.
Let me say it clear again. I LOVE MY MPC LIVE!

All l said was this is the end of the mpc standalone. That's it. It doesn't warrant love or hate as l have explained. Stop the nonsense you make it seem lm here everyday and have a plethora of started threads. Also where did l say l didn't want to use my Live anymore? Show me. Some of you are making things up that l never said.
Last edited by Danoc on Mon May 20, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 10:40 pm
Yes yes and yes!
How old do you think l am? 20? Man l been rockin the MPC since the 60 also. The live is not my first machine. I have stated that l had 2000XL , 2000, and now the Live. I have worked with the 60, 3000 (love it) and 4000.
Controller mode is wack for me l said that when first getti g it. Standalone is what wanted.

Yes for drum programming. At the time Reason's sequencer wasn't up to par. It is now! If you read my list rock solid sequencing is the top priority.

So you think Akai will take a chance on making a new mpc standalone whete you don't have to connect it to the computer?

My point is why when we have that already. Im not talking about N.I. l don't rock with them.

SupremeSoulstice wrote:Danoc, I disagree. Let me make sure I got this right. Didn't you say previously you've only been rocking with MPC's since 2017? Or you've been giving them a chance since 2017? Didn't you also say you only use the MPC for drum programming? Seems like a computer setup, and a simple controller may suit you better. Most of us older heads in here been rocking since the 60's and 3000 era, leaving after the 4000 and coming back with the reintroduction of the standalone. The real bread and butter of these machines have been the rock solid midi and sequencing. I'd rather do the majority of what I need to do not tethered to a computer until it's time to record and mix. That's just me and my opinion. Maybe MPC's aren't viable to you and how you'd like to work. Doesn't mean it's a wrap for standalone. As far as problems with bad units? It happens with NI.. I experienced it with them as well. Their commitment to customers and overall customer service sucks. You can not hear a word from their support team for months! I had an issue with My first MPC, contacted support on their page, received an immediate response and a brand new live shipped to my door within 4 days. Can't please everyone every time. I have no complaints.
User avatar
By SupremeSoulstice Mon May 20, 2019 10:48 pm
Like I said, was just trying to make sure I understood you. So is this post about unhappy customers or is it about what the Live/X and the environment should be to you? Like I said, I’m sure there’s way more happy users than there are unhappy ones. Unhappy ones have moved on by now I’m sure.. peace G
By Frisbi Mon May 20, 2019 10:51 pm
Danoc wrote:Yes yes and yes!
How old do you think l am? 20? Man l been rockin the MPC since the 60 also. The live is not my first machine. I have stated that l had 2000XL , 2000, and now the Live. I have worked with the 60, 3000 (love it) and 4000.
Controller mode is wack for me l said that when first getti g it. Standalone is what wanted.

Yes for drum programming. At the time Reason's sequencer wasn't up to par. It is now! If you read my list rock solid sequencing is the top priority.

So you think Akai will take a chance on making a new mpc standalone whete you don't have to connect it to the computer?

My point is why when we have that already. Im not talking about N.I. l don't rock with them.

SupremeSoulstice wrote:Danoc, I disagree. Let me make sure I got this right. Didn't you say previously you've only been rocking with MPC's since 2017? Or you've been giving them a chance since 2017? Didn't you also say you only use the MPC for drum programming? Seems like a computer setup, and a simple controller may suit you better. Most of us older heads in here been rocking since the 60's and 3000 era, leaving after the 4000 and coming back with the reintroduction of the standalone. The real bread and butter of these machines have been the rock solid midi and sequencing. I'd rather do the majority of what I need to do not tethered to a computer until it's time to record and mix. That's just me and my opinion. Maybe MPC's aren't viable to you and how you'd like to work. Doesn't mean it's a wrap for standalone. As far as problems with bad units? It happens with NI.. I experienced it with them as well. Their commitment to customers and overall customer service sucks. You can not hear a word from their support team for months! I had an issue with My first MPC, contacted support on their page, received an immediate response and a brand new live shipped to my door within 4 days. Can't please everyone every time. I have no complaints.

Mpc since the 60?
Man relax and chill out, have a beer, smoke.
You don't like Mpc anymore?
Yeah cool, no problem.
Some days I also fighted with bugs and wanted to throw it from the window.
But then I forget about that and go back to Mpc and think "damn, it sounds good".
Never mind, use what you feel its better for you, there is no magic wand and no perfect device, its the music you make with them that counts.
User avatar
By Danoc Mon May 20, 2019 11:01 pm
For those that say there will be a new pure standalone from Akai that will not be a controller, why do you think so? We already have a standalone. Why would Akai risk sales to put out another machine. Its been two years exactly these machines been out. So when will this new machine come?

This isn't about how fast Akai sent you a new unit because THE FIRST UNIT WAS A CLEAR BURN! It shouldn't have come to that period!

Here's what l do know. If Akai tells everyone these machines were 3 years in the making and we get burnrd machines , you're telling me something ain't wrong.? Plus the two years we have the machines. That's 5 freakin years. MPC 2000XL was done in less time and was and still is rock solid, build and all.