MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fre$hBreath Thu May 23, 2019 10:49 pm
I'm going in a new musical direction.
I just want to focus on remixes.
I need a DAW that I can rely on to remix in realtime using my MPC.
I want to make my beats intricately in the MPC to the vocals in the DAW.
The MPC alone is not great for this.
What do you recommend and why?
I have questions like: Does the transport of your favorite DAW sync your with your MPC?
Can you switch to song mode in your MPC easily while in sync with your DAW?
Too bad audio tracks in the MPC couldn't work like this.
By vwkountz Fri May 24, 2019 5:26 pm
Ableton (Win 10) because of the following:
1. You can route the audio in the software to use the MPC sampler audio input in VSt mode to chop samples in the hardware (found out the hard way Studio One did not have this Routing)

2. Midi clock latency compensation in settings.

3. Tracking out in VST mode and standalone.

4. Great effects.

Good luck.
By BeatWilson Fri May 24, 2019 6:11 pm
I'm also interested in this. I used ableton 9 and it's great but it's not a legit version so I'm looking to finally invest in a daw. I want to re install everything and not have issues with possibly losing music so it's about time I make the move so to speak.

my options are reason 10, logic, or ableton 10.

reason 10 is on sale so I might grab it but ableton is what im used to. I started on FL 17 years ago so I'm not sure if i really want to go back to that although I've heard good things.

ableton suite is pricey. I know it's great. I know alot of people like logic, I have some friends that use it but most use ableton. I've barely touched reason as much. some spots look alittle confusing but I know after a week I would get it.

any input?
By 40Beatz Fri May 24, 2019 6:58 pm
Im still messing with FL Studio 12. Not as a sequencer so much. But more or less as a Controller for all my Older VSTi's. The X is Midi'd to my AKai Eie Pro. Which controls the Tracks in FL. I either Sample into Audio Tracks, or Make a Midi Track in the X, Let it come in as a Chopped up Sample for further processing. That's my lil Work flow
Bymember04959388 Fri May 24, 2019 10:57 pm
BeatWilson wrote:I'm also interested in this. I used ableton 9 and it's great but it's not a legit version so I'm looking to finally invest in a daw. I want to re install everything and not have issues with possibly losing music so it's about time I make the move so to speak.

reason 10 is on sale so I might grab it but ableton is what im used to. I started on FL 17 years ago so I'm not sure if i really want to go back to that although I've heard good things.

ableton suite is pricey. I know it's great. I know alot of people like logic, I have some friends that use it but most use ableton. I've barely touched reason as much. some spots look alittle confusing but I know after a week I would get it.

any input?

Reason 10 without any doubt.
I just use Mpc standalone but I gave it a try and I was absolutely impressed.
Nothing sounds like it.
By Eyalc Sat May 25, 2019 11:34 am
I wouldn’t ask the question this way. The way the MPC syncs to a DAW is standard, so no DAW is going to make that much of a difference that you need to worry about which works best with the MPC. Either way the integration isn’t great because of the way the MPC structures songs.

IMO, figure out which DAW is best for you - features, functions, approach, design, and make the decision independent of the MPC. They’ll all integrate the same way. And plus, when you complete your remix work, you’ll need to export the stems to the DAW to proper mix and master anyway. You’re going to be need to be intimate with your DAW. Don’t choose the one that’s “best” for the MPC. Choose which one is best for you.
By Lampdog Sat May 25, 2019 12:55 pm
Eyalc wrote:Don’t choose the one that’s “best” for the MPC. Choose which one is best for you.

+1

IDK why people ask this question anyway. What’s best is not always best.
You yourself figure whatever gives you what you want, and roll with it.
By Danoc Sun May 26, 2019 5:03 pm
Coming from my producers moral compass lol

First thing listen to Eyalc.

In my advice to getting DAWs l tell people to get at least 2 0r 3 and learn them well.

Mine is:
1. Reason 10
2. Studio One 4 and,
3. Protools

I recommend to you Reason 10. Why? There's not one DAW on this planet close to doing what it does. It has the best musical routing system out!
1. Sequencer is tight.
2. Easy to set up midi controllers.
3. Editing is basic bit efficient.
4. Dope automation.
5. You can bounce from midi to audio to a new track in seconds.
6. Million dollar sounding SSL 9000k emulation board.
7. 4 different format to use, a. Refills, b. Rack Extensions, c. Vsts and d. Rex loops.
8. Rex loop player. (You can use different tempo loops in it).
9. 3 screen lay out.
10. You can turn audio into midi!
11. Dope time stretch of midi and audio.
12. Delay Compensation.
13. Dope Effects, RV7000Mkll convolution reverb and many more.
13. Kong, like a virtual MPC.
14. NNXT. Out of this world.
15. Beautiful GUI
16. Great on CPU
17. You can open multiple Reason sessions at the same time. Make you have a decent computer or up. No other DAW does that.
18. Has a mastering suite.
19. Support offline computers.
20. Grain sound manipulator. You can import your sound and turn it into a new sound.
Here's my vid on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4IB1ESIhjc
And the list goes on.

But let me tell you how dope the rack is. And you will learn more things about it.
It is so flexuble it doesn't make sense. In the combinator you can stack sounds to make nrw sounds. Sound design is beautiful in it.

Here's the sweet part. There are the badest Refills out. They sound top notch l kid you not. Plus 3rd party sellers are selling them anywhere from $9 to $50 you can't beat that.
They have Refills that look exactly like the hardware. But it gets better, YOU GET THE EXACT SOUNDS FROM WHATEVER REFILL IT IS! Look at the pic below. I had a real Triton rack, l now have the Refill of the Triton and the exact sounds. Plus you can stack sounds. I have a Kawai refill, l have the exact sounds, Andromeda, JV2080, Virus Ti, Fantom, Yamaha Motif/Xs and the list goes on. I have like 595 Refills. I got sounds out the wazoo!

This is how you connect sounds. Virtual wires etc. You can't go wrong.

I don't master in Reason but l master in Studio One which is dope too!

I make drum patterns in the MPC Live export the stems and drag and drop them into Reason withput any hassle!

BeatWilson wrote:I'm also interested in this. I used ableton 9 and it's great but it's not a legit version so I'm looking to finally invest in a daw. I want to re install everything and not have issues with possibly losing music so it's about time I make the move so to speak.

any input?

By Danoc Sun May 26, 2019 8:15 pm
Reason 10

I just bought the SuperBlue! $19 It sounds crazy! This how it looks inside Reason's rack. Has the fatest sounds.

Here's the patch list