MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mattskillz1000 Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:38 am
Hi there, I got a Live recently and have been trying to figure things out. It's been a while since I was rockin' the 1000. When I connected my turntable to the MPC Live and tried sampling, the recording comes in really distorted. I've messed around with the rec level etc., but no luck.

It sounds distorted when I monitor too. I double checked the record and player are fine by connecting them direct to my amp. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. It was a brand new MPC Live in the box. Do I need a firmware update or something, could it be a dud? Am I just an idiot and there's a simple setting?

Thanks in advance for your support. I did search other posts and didn't find a good solution. Peace
By mattskillz1000 Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:26 pm
Thank you for your replies. I have the Audio-Technica AT-LP60 that does both phono and line and I'm pretty sure I tried both settings on the MPC. I will double check that they match up and try again. This has been very helpful I hope.

Do you have a recommended setting e.g., phono on turntable and phone on MPC...?

Thanks again!