MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ChuyLocs602 Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:31 pm
Im pretty hyped on pulling the trigger on a Live for the standalone production corner in my humble home studio. I was thinking of grabbing a compact midi keyboard controller to fit the form factor for the Live specifically and need help recommending some. Does it help having an Akai branded midi controller as the routing might be easier and control more parameters on something in the mpk series or would something like NI's komplete kontrol be good? Does anyone know if the light guide (on the KK) work while hooked up to the mpc live btw? Any other good ideas lets hear em thanks
By omegatron Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:58 pm
My own personal favourite it the arturia keystep, I had an mpk mini MK2 for a while but I really didn't like the keyboard, the arturia may not have all the knobs etc but the build quality is super as is the keybed, aftertouch and a really fun sequencer..
By EnochLight Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 am
ChuyLocs602 wrote:Im pretty hyped on pulling the trigger on a Live for the standalone production corner in my humble home studio. I was thinking of grabbing a compact midi keyboard controller to fit the form factor for the Live specifically and need help recommending some. Does it help having an Akai branded midi controller as the routing might be easier and control more parameters on something in the mpk series or would something like NI's komplete kontrol be good? Does anyone know if the light guide (on the KK) work while hooked up to the mpc live btw? Any other good ideas lets hear em thanks

When I bought my Live, being absolutely portable when needed was one of my main concerns. I already had a Korg NanoKey Studio, and can say that it's perfect for being portable (plus - totally wireless with Bluetooth)! That said, the keys aren't for everyone - they are more akin to an old fashioned IBM-clicky QWERTY keyboard than traditional ivories. But I don't need a perfect 1:1 synth-action keybed when I'm out and about (I've got proper keys in my home studio) - I need portability. YMMV...

https://www.korg.com/us/products/comput ... ey_studio/

Bymember04959388 Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:13 pm
Looking for a small usb keyboard that fits in a 17inch bag.
I tried samson graphite but it is not good, it cuts the note as you switch octave. Horrible.
Anyone tried Akai Lpk25?
By Lampdog Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 pm
EnochLight wrote:

I've always liked the look on this controller. No nonsense with a little of everything on it.
Not traditional keys but I still like the look, have never touched it though.
By EnochLight Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 pm
Frisbi wrote:Looking for a small usb keyboard that fits in a 17inch bag.
I tried samson graphite but it is not good, it cuts the note as you switch octave. Horrible.
Anyone tried Akai Lpk25?

viewtopic.php?p=1766327#p1766327

Wasn't really necessary to start a whole new thread, IMHO.

Lampdog wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

I've always liked the look on this controller. No nonsense with a little of everything on it.
Not traditional keys but I still like the look, have never touched it though.

Yeah, it's pretty bad ass. The keys do feel like an old 80's-era IBM QWERTY keyboard, though. Very clicky clacky with an ever so slight spring to them...
By ChuyLocs602 Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am
Originally i was thinking having regular keys is cool, but I thought it would also pretty cool having something like isla instrument 's kordbot to pair with the mpc live. What do y'all think? Image
Bymember04959388 Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:04 pm
I just got Akai Lpk 25 for less then 50 dollars.
Very nice, very small, good sensible keys, easy to carry everywhere.
Recommended
By saltmcgault Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:10 pm
ChuyLocs602 wrote:Originally i was thinking having regular keys is cool, but I thought it would also pretty cool having something like isla instrument 's kordbot to pair with the mpc live. What do y'all think? Image

I THINK I HAVE THIS FOR YOU FOR $230 + SHIPPING. BRAND NEW.
By Gribs Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:44 am
I am necroing this thread because I just got a MPC Live II and tried pairing it with my Korg nanoKey studio but it fails to connect. I can connect to my laptop with no issue. Both are running the latest firmware.

I am going to look around for something else. I want something smaller than my big Keylab 88 connected directly to the MIDI port. I am not wedded to MIDI over Bluetooth, but it would be nice to have.
By Lampdog Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:04 am
usb midi.

2.11.x is not treating me well when connecting mpc x and/or mpc key61 to external gear.