MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Unreallystic Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:15 pm
So I've been working on a couple songs as I get back into being a vocalist myself, and while it is completely unnecessary to most, it would be kind of slick if there were some small features added for Song Writer's specifically. Sure most will write out lyrics on a pad or on their phone (thanks to autocorrect, I hate doing that personally), but it would be awesome if I could plug in a USB keyboard and type lyrics out to a specific sequence, even better if I could "time" the lyrics and either add music notation or literally dump its location on the piano.

With the portable nature of the Live, I find myself at times using the best "available" version of a sound, and planning on going home and swapping it out for a higher quality or more nuanced version of that sound using either VSTs or outboard gear. It would be GREAT if I could tag sequences, notes, and instruments with "notes".

Honestly, a Vocal Synth engine in itself would be terrific to add-in, not for true synthesis purposes, but for the ability to speak out (like Macs can) lyrics, at the ranges specified. I'm sure this could be done to actually effective performances, but I'm just thinking about the process of generating a song from soup to nuts, especially when you are wearing multiple hats.
- Unreall