MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:39 pm
Exporting to Ableton is a novel idea, however the ability to export WAV Files is still the most flexible option. Not being tied down to any Hardware or Software DAW is best thing anyone can do. Not every studio runs ableton or protools, but if they use a computer your WAV files will play.

Did they release the white paper, stating what small glitches/bugs that were fixed?
By Certified Beatz Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Well this will be my first negative post.. to partner with ableton that's fine.. to not have this feature in major DAWs such as Cubase and Protool is bafunory!!
By Bezo Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:00 pm
Yeah, I'd expect Ableton. I'd guess FL would be next if they're adding to this.

But here's my vote for Logic.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:08 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Well this will be my first negative post.. to partner with ableton that's fine.. to not have this feature in major DAWs such as Cubase and Protool is bafunory!!

Name any Software DAW that allows you export to another Software DAW's format? The export to Ableton was because of the Akai Force. Most Software DAW's want their users to stay in their world.
By Bezo Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:31 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Name any Software DAW that allows you export to another Software DAW's format? The export to Ableton was because of the Akai Force. Most Software DAW's want their users to stay in their world.
Agreed, but Akai needs to get on their job bringing the software on par with other DAWs. I'd be happy to stay in an MPC ecosystem if the software stacked up.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:04 pm
Bezo wrote:Agreed, but Akai needs to get on their job bringing the software on par with other DAWs. I'd be happy to stay in an MPC ecosystem if the software stacked up.

Yes, but software takes a much longer time to develop. It also depends on how good and big their team is. Hardware is so much easier, build it and it's done. But Software is always changing. macOS 10.15 Catalina comes out in the Fall of 2019. I would guess they're working to make sure, the MPC software is ready for that.

To be honest, anyone who develop software/hardware for macOS, are getting ready for that launch.
Bymember04959388 Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:31 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Bezo wrote:Agreed, but Akai needs to get on their job bringing the software on par with other DAWs. I'd be happy to stay in an MPC ecosystem if the software stacked up.

Yes, but software takes a much longer time to develop. It also depends on how good and big their team is. Hardware is so much easier, build it and it's done. But Software is always changing. macOS 10.15 Catalina comes out in the Fall of 2019. I would guess they're working to make sure, the MPC software is ready for that.

To be honest, anyone who develop software/hardware for macOS, are getting ready for that launch.

I am so bored with Apple changing OS all the time.
It's one of the reasons why I said **** off to Mac and buyed an Mpc to use it standalone.
I use Mac just to record, connected to a firewire mixer and recording multitrack in real time.
I am still on 10.10 and I don't want to update anymore.
By Unreallystic Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:00 pm
I want to see an updated list of popular DAW use.

As for why Ableton, as mentioned, it was already being established for the Force, couple it with their long history with Ableton and it just makes sense. they JUST launched their first FL product, and let YouTube popularity tell it - it was a COMPLETE flop (I have 2, got them for use with my Drum Machines in my live setup, but recently got a laptop and have paired one with that to use FL Studio on the go), so being in their shoes, I would do Ableton first - no question. Then I'd look at Logic BEFORE FL Studios simply because I'd assume the majority of the FL Studio demographic, won't crossover into the MPC demographic, it just wouldn't be worth the effort.
- Unreall
By Bezo Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:31 pm
Frisbi wrote:I am so bored with Apple changing OS all the time.
It's one of the reasons why I said **** off to Mac and buyed an Mpc to use it standalone.
I use Mac just to record, connected to a firewire mixer and recording multitrack in real time.
I only update when absolutely necessary. My MBP came with 10.12.6 and stayed there until Logic's latest update required 10.13.something.

My recent iMac came with Mojave. I probably won't go with Catalina until Logic requires it, if I don't move to Studio One by then; strongly considering it the next time they have a crossgrade sale.

I dig Macs as they've been reliable, plug-in-and-go machines for as long as I've been recording. My 1st was a G4 with Pro Tools LE. I updated Pro Tools as far as it would go with I think 10.6.8. I didn't move from there until that machine died.
Bymember04959388 Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 pm
Bezo wrote:
Frisbi wrote:I am so bored with Apple changing OS all the time.
I only update when absolutely necessary. My MBP came with 10.12.6 and stayed there until Logic's latest update required 10.13.something.

My recent iMac came with Mojave. I probably won't go with Catalina until Logic requires it, if I don't move to Studio One by then; strongly considering it the next time they have a crossgrade sale.

I dig Macs as they've been reliable, plug-in-and-go machines for as long as I've been recording. My 1st was a G4 with Pro Tools LE. I updated Pro Tools as far as it would go with I think 10.6.8. I didn't move from there until that machine died.

Yeah I also used Mac for it's reliable but....

1 If I update more then 10.10, my Mackie firewire mixer is not recognized by Mac anymore and I absolutely need it to record.

2 If I use 64bit softwares, I lose all my 32bit plugins that I bought and payed.

3 so I have to stay with older versions of Studio1 and Audition and I lose all the fixes of new versions.

4 everytime I made an upgrade (I started with 10.7 ) I lost some plugins, some softwares not working correctly and as I contacted the manufacturers they always told me to download a new version but then a lot of work to do again, uninstalling and reinstalling and so on

You know what?
Apple, go **** yourself.
By Bezo Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm
Frisbi wrote:Yeah I also used Mac for it's reliable but....

1 If I update more then 10.10, my Mackie firewire mixer is not recognized by Mac anymore and I absolutely need it to record.

2 If I use 64bit softwares, I lose all my 32bit plugins that I bought and payed.

3 so I have to stay with older versions of Studio1 and Audition and I lose all the fixes of new versions.

4 everytime I made an upgrade (I started with 10.7 ) I lost some plugins, some softwares not working correctly and as I contacted the manufacturers they always told me to download a new version but then a lot of work to do again, uninstalling and reinstalling and so on

You know what?
Apple, go **** yourself.
:lol: I hear you. I think what helped me is that with the exception of BFD 1.5, PT & its stock plugins, I was all hardware until 18-21 months ago (I was on hiatus the prior 2-3 years). When I upgraded my computer, I changed DAWs & attempted to go completely in the box, though I held onto my few synths. So everything was new & compatible from then.

But "having" to upgrade my OS for the Logic upgrade, I get it. Though it won't help much with 3rd party VIs & effect plugins, Mac & Logic being Apple products is another reason I stuck with a Mac & switched to Logic. At least those will always be compatible.

I'll likely update my MBP to Mojave to get everything on the same platform and hangout there for as long as possible.
By Monotremata Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:06 am
Apple is exactly why I started looking at the MPC a few months ago. I started way back when the blue and white G3 was new. I can't afford to keep up with Apple nowadays, so my 2010 Mac Pro now has to last as long as it can since it cant upgrade to Catalina (officially). This means soon now, Logic wont be able to be updated (I ran 9 until 2016 so Im good), and with it, plugins. NI is usually the first to start leaving behind old OS's, but Im about at the point I can ditch most of it but Absynth and Reaktor. Reaktor is one of the reasons I finally did get this Mac Pro a few years ago heh, they cut off OS 10.7 in the middle of 5.0. I didnt get any of the later updates for it, and 6 was a no go from the start. So far Im comfy with where stuff is, but it would be soooo nice to have something that doesn't necessarily rely on the computer to get done.
By AdamWeishaupt76 Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:51 pm
Monotremata wrote:my 2010 Mac Pro

I'm still using a 13" 2010 MacBook Pro, lol! I would love a 2017, but with an SSD and maxed out RAM the performance of my old laptop is surprisingly good, and I can't bring myself to spend the money on a newer one.
By mr_debauch Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:42 am
the new mac pro they are putting out is ridiculous. I heard you are in the 60 grand price area to get the respectable specs thrown in.