MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:58 pm
hansjbs wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0kQpD2cksQ

Well, I'll be the first to say it:

"MEH".

And while it's nice to see that they've arguably improved automation, it still pains me to use it. It's so clunky the way Akai handles this.

I have ZERO use for ALS export, as I don't use Live and never will. The submixes are neat, though, and it's nice they fixed the effects lists - categorization was sorely missing from day 1. I guess another "meh" update that arguably moves things in a better direction. Here's hoping 3.0 truly brings some game changing fixes and features for us Live/X users...
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 pm
Decent update, automation editing and submixes nice big features, als export personally couldn't care less but will appeal to many, other tweaks always good to see, hopefully more to come. Looks liek updates moving forward will mirror the Force updates.

I wonder if they added a save icon in sample edit yet? :lol:
By QuickStrike Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:45 pm
Wow this update was for the audio engineers not music producers.

All the 2.6 futures had to do with some type of editing. (After process of creating music). left brain vs right brain. Creativity vs technicality.

Here are some of the Added features

Step Automation

Ableton export

Sub mixes

sorting of FX

Save sample fkey on record screen

New colorful menu icons

Now can edit single notes or pads

Can copy a sequence and rename it

XY affect can be modified and recorded from different screen views

Plus a few more lil things

P.s Y'all let me know what new bugs are available now :lol: lol
By Unreallystic Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Yeah, to each is own...
Ableton is my DAW of choice, especially when it comes to polishing, so the ALS thing is a big deal for me, that's the biggest deal in this update followed by the FX setup changes. Submixes 'will' be valuable, but not necessary for 'me'.

Automation I'm not sure how it will affect me. Its necessary and something I need/want for helping with turning loops to something more substantial, but in that same vein, being able to bounce to Ableton more quickly means that I can revert to using the MPC as a loop scratch pad again, as lately I've been working hard on doing full songs on the MPC - for better or worse *personally*, and if I am making it a "song" in Ableton, then I'm not sure how much automation I'll do on the MPC, but hey - two people above me pretty much said they don't care about Ableton, so the automation is a bigger deal for them (assuming).

I'd call it a balance update. The earth isn't shaking, I'm sure the work to get automation setup as is was actually pretty immense, so I tip my hat, and the FX thing is small, but REALLY bugged me, so I am VERY happy with that change. Now I need them to improve the workflow on MIDI Editting and reduce the need to bounce around so many screens.
- Unreall
By Menco Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:35 pm
Very happy with the new automation features. Really an improvement for my workflow. My last wish is an improved mixer/ more efficient GUI and I’m set.
By Fanu Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:38 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Someone call Fanu

YOOOOOO :---D
Badass!
Will test soon!

Ableton export is nice too; I always end up exporting audio and work in Ableton Live to mix and master the song.
Bymember04959388 Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:57 pm
Yeah a good update but I have zero interest in als export and I tend to automate all live, but it can be interesting to make some experiment with automated synths.
Submix is a.good.plus.
Yes there is nothing fancy or super surprising but it's good that Akai is cleaning and improving all update per update.
I just wonder about bug fixes, I couldn't find anything about them.
Did they fix the glitch that happens sometimes when switching from main to track mute?
that's very crucial for me, maybe the most important bug fix of all.
By Monotremata Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:01 pm
PDC would've been really nice so those of us that already have submixes can actually use plugins other than Akai's for mixing. Good to see you guys are finally getting the basic features the software already has heh.

(Is there even going to be a software update?? The website talks up a 'firmware' update and that's it)
By Fanu Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:26 pm
Says "Both firmware updates will be available for download soon. Visit the links below to learn more."
Yet, if I'm not wrong, there are no DL links.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:57 pm
I use Ableton quite a bit these days, so ALS format export will certainly make my life easier!
Automation: yeah dunno how much I'll use it, but great that it's there....saying that though, now it's a bit more visible, I may be tempted to delve more!!
Submixes: Again, something I may not use, but good addition all the same.
Menu refresh: Glad that's dropped, I was hoping we'd get that. Not essential, but appreciated.
Good update, not vast, but good.

:-D :-D
By zangetsu01 Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:07 pm
FINALY Automation....!!! Whoot Whoot..!!! Been asking about this since the X came out..!! If it's not buggy it will make my life easier..!!!
By Certified Beatz Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:49 pm
It's a great idea if u had ableton lol cubase user would be nice if they had it for all daws.. this is what I been looking for
By Unreallystic Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:25 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:It's a great idea if u had ableton lol cubase user would be nice if they had it for all daws.. this is what I been looking for

I can sympathize, but that is EXACTLY why I switched to Ableton from Reason. Everything was being pushed (no pun intended) to work with Ableton, it just made life so much easier. I'm not saying abandon Cubase, but I def get it.
- Unreall
By tigersharc1 Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:01 pm
I don't really understand only implementing Ableton for this feature either. They have products for Ableton and FL Studio, so why not do something that is a little more universal. I recently started using Logic and having to export all my MPC stuff to an audio track is cool but I too would like some extra integration for my DAW... I know you can't make every body happy..... :Sigh: 8)