MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:52 pm
Daniel Gill said...
"... We're listening. big update coming in July with cool stuff."
Unfortunately No Multitimbural for you Live Orchestra Performing Mofos :lol:
By mr_debauch Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:34 am
yeah... but that could mean anything from piles of sample pack bullshit to bluetooth connecting your machine to netflix... would be nice if they threw in automation lanes with that though.
By Bezo Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:50 pm
mr_debauch wrote:yeah... but that could mean anything from piles of sample pack bullshit to bluetooth connecting your machine to netflix...
Yeah, listening to who?

I'm looking forward to it though. Dan has been on point setting expectations IMO. If he says "big update", I'm expecting to be happy with it.
Bymember04959388 Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:08 pm
If he says big update then it will be.
Submixes is confirmed.
If I understood correctly, also some bug fix.
But this alone doesn't make it a big update.
So there will be more.
Let's guess.
Maybe new Air drum synth?
Maybe Hype?
By EnochLight Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:19 pm
Those are some bold words. Who has he been listening to? Does he lurk this forum at all, or at the MPC Live/X Facebook Group? Because those are the only two places I know of where he would get what users really want, and there's a metric shit ton of feature requests to wade through.

I just want the standalone Live (and X) to be able to support more plugins, as well as have Elastique Pro Audio as an option for Audio Warp, and for a quick/easy "learn" function for attached MIDI controllers (so I can have various knobs on my Korg Nanokey Studio control knobs on instantiated instances of the Air effects and TubeSynth, Bassline, and Electric). Other than that, there's not a ton of other things that I'm really waiting for.
By Bezo Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:37 pm
EnochLight wrote:Those are some bold words. Who has he been listening to? Does he lurk this forum at all, or at the MPC Live/X Facebook Group? Because those are the only two places I know of where he would get what users really want, and there's a metric shit ton of feature requests to wade through...
He's posted here, but he's VERY active on Gearslutz. The Live thread over there is 575 pages long & counting.

His word has been golden so far. I doubt it's any different this time.
By EnochLight Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:59 pm
Bezo wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Those are some bold words. Who has he been listening to? Does he lurk this forum at all, or at the MPC Live/X Facebook Group? Because those are the only two places I know of where he would get what users really want, and there's a metric shit ton of feature requests to wade through...
He's posted here, but he's VERY active on Gearslutz. The Live thread over there is 575 pages long & counting.

His word has been golden so far. I doubt it's any different this time.

Oh? That's good to know. I rarely frequent Gearslutz these days, but maybe I'll start lurking around that Live thread. Good to hear what he boasts about tends to hold true. Often product managers tend to fall victim to their own marketing hype.
By EnochLight Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 pm
After wading through 100 pages of that huge Gearslutz thread, here's what I found from Dan G's (Akai Product Manager) posts...

Confirmed features for 2.6:

• -Many bug fixes
  • -Submixes in standalone
  • -8 submixes each will have 4 sends in standalone
  • -Option to start up & skip "bling" content and go straight to default project
  • -2 new additional features that Dan G is really excited about but not allowed to say just yet (let the speculation begin).

Dan G (Product Manager): "We're not at the end of our dev cycle; far from it!"
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... ount=15918

Known roadmap items for an undetermined future:

• -Hype synth in stand alone Live/X (hopefully for 2.6, but I'll wager this will be 3.0)!
    https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... ount=14084
  • -multitimberal MIDI
  • -automation improvements in the sequencer
  • -USB MIDI out (maybe)
  • -Unified mixer design and GUI/UX color scheme like Force (likely in 3.0)

Send MPC Live/X feature requests direct to Akai here:

http://97.107.134.128/feedback/create/f ... alone/none
By proofofghosts Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:12 pm
Midi. This is allegedly a midi hub, but it is demonstrably lagging when sending clock, it is (unbelievably still) listening to midi in omni, so absolutely useless. Many of us bought this because it was advertised as a midi hub, a studio centerpiece. It is not. Fix the issues we paid lots of money for
By mr_debauch Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:51 am
yeah great let's have the VST pluggin version of the rhythm wolf, some pad velocity templates to simulate the responsiveness of the mpc 500, more air FX we can't automate properly.. and 3 more free weeks on our splice subscription. sounds awesome.
By Moho Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am
tiger001 wrote:pad remap was also confirmed i thought

And sample save.
By EnochLight Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:07 pm
Ill-Green wrote:What if I told you Dan is a goodball.

I'd ask you to clarify, as I've never heard to term "goodball".

tiger001 wrote:pad remap was also confirmed i thought

Moho wrote:And sample save.

Was pad remap and sample save confirmed? I couldn't find the posts in that Gearslutz thread, but admittedly - I gave up after searching 100 pages. :mrgreen: