MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ill-Green Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:23 am
I have to agree with Caustic Yoda, its a vital feature for any creative artist that wanna have a loop that you can manipulate on the fly, especially live on stage where you can't just pause a show just to program the loop into a sequence, that's an unnecessary extra step.

Glad I moved to the DJS-1000 :smoker:
By Cockdiesel Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:03 am
not sure if the right time and pitch algos are going to be used on the sp-2400, but that thing really seems like it would be up you alley.
It's interesting that you focus on what I would call the roland work flow, compared to the mpc. I see it but MPC changed my beat making dynamic. the toriaz or djs is way better than those old rolands to me. although having a dedicated button for the the start and stop of loop points is something unparalleled for making beats.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:25 am
Caustic Yoda wrote:either way until this is fixed i gotta bring a 2nd sampler to play a show or lug a 2500.

Maybe one day they will update it, so it can do this basic function. Seems like a simple request.
By Caustic Yoda Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:35 pm
Thanks for the support everyone, ive subbmitted numerous tickets to akai, hopefully they will eventually get it, sp pitch algo would be dope, same with legacy mpc pitch algos too as new one is pretty clean, ths is about only aspect of roland sampler workflow i embrace, love my sp303 for fx on mpcs master and a few things but trying to make a beat on those sequencers is not so fun. to do it on the mpc 1000/2500 we pressed pad+track mute, on the live pad+shift would make perfect sense and its not being used yet
By Caustic Yoda Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:58 am
yes its crazy that they have gone up so much in short space of time, got for $150au ages ago, sold it, bought it back 3 yrs later for the same amount, next i see one going for $500, not even a very good sampler but few great functions mpc doesnt have make it worth using and can cover loading times easily