MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:18 pm
They Way I have my Standalone setup...I can control my VSTi channels in FL from the X. True indeed...if I wanna take the finished sounds with me, I have to either bounce it to an Audio Track or Sample/Chop it up into a Track on the X. But if you think about it...You have to render your VST Tracks with the MPC Software anyways, if you wanna work with it in Standalone.

I just MIDI Control Multiple VST channels in FL. I have to option to either leave all the sounds & Presets in FL or Export it out to the X. I just save the FL "Song" to a Folder/File name the same as whats on the X. Boom! I just load them back up, and the Track is there
By Bezo Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:02 pm
@Monotremata

I got it to work for the most part without having to deal with the Environment. You were right, the "Auto Demix by Channel if Multitrack Recording" is for recording, but it works for this as long as you keep the relevant Instrument Tracks record armed. Downside is clicking anything not an Instrument Track unarms all the tracks. I have to get used to not touching anything until I figure out the Environment.

I had basically the same setup with the standalone MPC software triggering instruments in Logic using the IAC Driver, so I was hoping it would work but wasn't sure.

Ideally, the MPC plugin could send MIDI out in Logic & Logic would support MIDI out.

@40Beatz

For now, I only need the finished product in Logic. But I'm still wondering if I want to work on getting a performance ready version of tracks back into the Live. I've seen some inspiring vids and want to do more than just trigger large loops.
By optik415 Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:59 pm
40Beatz wrote:They Way I have my Standalone setup...I can control my VSTi channels in FL from the X. True indeed...if I wanna take the finished sounds with me, I have to either bounce it to an Audio Track or Sample/Chop it up into a Track on the X. But if you think about it...You have to render your VST Tracks with the MPC Software anyways, if you wanna work with it in Standalone.

I just MIDI Control Multiple VST channels in FL. I have to option to either leave all the sounds & Presets in FL or Export it out to the X. I just save the FL "Song" to a Folder/File name the same as whats on the X. Boom! I just load them back up, and the Track is there

This is what I wanna do with my MPC1000 and FL Studio. I'm currently backing up and reformating my computer and then I'll purchase FL. Once all that is done I'm gonna holler at you.
By optik415 Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:05 pm
Caustic Yoda wrote:while my live has many short comings i use it regularly for writing and gigs (it seems to crash before every show but not during thankfully) theres no way i would prefer writing songs in a daw environment compared to the live stand alone or any mpc, my live has a hard time competing with my digitakt which is way more fun to write on but a bit limited to write a whole song, my mpc2500 (akai os 1.24) is the real competition as live is still missing many of my fave legacy functions and it just doesnt have the weight and punch that the outputs of the 2500 have and while live has better pads etc it just feels like a toy to play on, anyway waiting on akai to step things up for the next standalone sampler they release as live and ren before it have just been a super long beta testing program waiting for all the promised features to be added, also i still cannot latch hold a sample from a note on state which is why i take an sp303 to every show, i actaully hate akai for not implementing or caring about this, most basic sampler function since 1988

You know whats crazy? I fired up my MPC 1000 last night and l actually prefered the sound more. I was able to get some big punchy sounding drums and when I compared it to the live it sounded empty and flat to me. All I did in the 1000 was use the filters, comp and 4 band EQ. I miss the JJOS workflow and looks like gonna get back into it. The Live can get boring which is why I'm switching to FL and 1000
By Dmcghee Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:35 pm
I’m happy with my MPC X, I took my time to set it up with all my keyboards, samplers and hardware effects. After setting up 4 IAC buses, the MPC X is the master clock to sync with Reason 10. I do all my sequencing on the MPC X hardware keyboards, Reason 10 synths, Rack Extensions and Plugins.

I start most of my songs in stand alone and when I want to use software, I save my project and reopen it in controller mode. I use a Behringer X32 for my MPC X, MPC 60mkll, hardware synths and samplers. All the audio is routed out through ADAT into an Antelope Zen Tour with analog outputs and inputs to a patch bay to track and mix using analog compressors and equalizers.
I also have the MPC X audio input in the patch bay that allows me to record my bass guitar using my hardware effects to record into the MPC X.

Using Thunder Bolt on the Antelope Zen Tour all the audio is tracked into Reason 10 to add vocals mixed and mastered.

This may sound complicated it really isn’t if you understand the routing of your audio interface. I love my hybrid setup and the work flow is amazing.

The MPC X timing is amazing and the swing and the groove of the MPC X is undeniable, plus the workflow is amazing and fast. I created so much faster in the MPC X. In Controller Mode I also sync to LoopCloud 5 which is also amazing.

Now if only Akai can give us at least 24 tracks of disc streaming I can only imagine what can be on done in Stand alone.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:50 pm
Dmcghee wrote:I’m happy with my MPC X, I took my time to set it up with all my keyboards, samplers and hardware effects. After setting up 4 IAC buses, the MPC X is the master clock to sync with Reason 10. I do all my sequencing on the MPC X hardware keyboards, Reason 10 synths, Rack Extensions and Plugins.

I start most of my songs in stand alone and when I want to use software, I save my project and reopen it in controller mode. I use a Behringer X32 for my MPC X, MPC 60mkll, hardware synths and samplers. All the audio is routed out through ADAT into an Antelope Zen Tour with analog outputs and inputs to a patch bay to track and mix using analog compressors and equalizers.
I also have the MPC X audio input in the patch bay that allows me to record my bass guitar using my hardware effects to record into the MPC X.

Using Thunder Bolt on the Antelope Zen Tour all the audio is tracked into Reason 10 to add vocals mixed and mastered.

This may sound complicated it really isn’t if you understand the routing of your audio interface. I love my hybrid setup and the work flow is amazing.

The MPC X timing is amazing and the swing and the groove of the MPC X is undeniable, plus the workflow is amazing and fast. I created so much faster in the MPC X. In Controller Mode I also sync to LoopCloud 5 which is also amazing.

Now if only Akai can give us at least 24 tracks of disc streaming I can only imagine what can be on done in Stand alone.

Patch everything into the X-32, get the 32 channel usb audio interface cards and call it a day. I'm not sure, what the benefits are for having so much in your chain.
By Danoc Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:05 pm
lm happpy with my live and the functions it has. Love the new Air efxs also.
Don't know why guys have so much in theur chain either. That's their right.
By Eyalc Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:44 am
I really like mine. But honestly I’m using it less and less these days. Some of it due to song complexity - it’s just easier to use Logic Pro X for me. And some of it due to the need to produce complete songs, vocals, live instruments, etc. Just easier to start and end in a DAW.

Still use it a bit, but I find sooner in my process I’m transitioning to the DAW to do the heavy composition work.

Still love the MPC workflow though.
By Dmcghee Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:53 am
Why do I have so much in my chain you ask. Because I like hardware and I sing and play bass guitar. I like the sound of hardware and also software. I use both and it’s the way I like to work. It like asking a guitar player why you have so many effect pedals. It all about choice.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:19 am
Dmcghee wrote:Why do I have so much in my chain you ask. Because I like hardware and I sing and play bass guitar. I like the sound of hardware and also software. I use both and it’s the way I like to work. It like asking a guitar player why you have so many effect pedals. It all about choice.

Between the X32 and the Antelope. What improvements are you getting?
By Dmcghee Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:05 am
The clock and the converters sound better in the Antelope plus the effects sound very warm to my ears. Also I like the fact that the Antelope has 8 audio in/out, 16 channels of ADAT, spdf, 2 re-amp outputs, 2 headphone outputs, touch screen, two monitor outputs and over 70 free effects. Antelope doesn’t charge for effects. The sound is the main difference. X 32 has more ins and outs. Don’t get me wrong the X32 sounds great. Plus it work as a controller for Reason. I bought the Antelope before the X32 when I though I was going to work exclusively in the box. The MPC X changed that.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:47 am
Dmcghee wrote:The clock and the converters sound better in the Antelope plus the effects sound very warm to my ears. Also I like the fact that the Antelope has 8 audio in/out, 16 channels of ADAT, spdf, 2 re-amp outputs, 2 headphone outputs, touch screen, two monitor outputs and over 70 free effects. Antelope doesn’t charge for effects. The sound is the main difference. X 32 has more ins and outs. Don’t get me wrong the X32 sounds great. Plus it work as a controller for Reason. I bought the Antelope before the X32 when I though I was going to work exclusively in the box. The MPC X changed that.

Are you patching 8 out of the MPC X into X 32? Also which X 32 do you have? X32 RACK, X32, X32 Compact, or X32 Producer?
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:32 am
Eyalc wrote:I really like mine. But honestly I’m using it less and less these days. Some of it due to song complexity - it’s just easier to use Logic Pro X for me. And some of it due to the need to produce complete songs, vocals, live instruments, etc. Just easier to start and end in a DAW.

Still use it a bit, but I find sooner in my process I’m transitioning to the DAW to do the heavy composition work.

Still love the MPC workflow though.

It's definitely an ebb and flow situation. The MPC workflow is nice, however it can leave the music feeling unnaturally on time. No matter the swing settings. Software DAW productions really favors, linear compositions. The push and pull of the music, the on beat off beat of the solo. Also the ability to capture subtle nuances of the instrument and the ability to shape the sound stage.