MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Certified Beatz Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:32 pm
I don't post anymore because I glad the MPC model is back now that said do I want MCU support and better ways to record in my DAW like opening the plugin so I can record midi directly into the software instead of standalone..yes who else is happy with the direction of the MPC?

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
Bymember04959388 Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:10 pm
I am happy.
Just a granular fx or synth and a fix of the bug that I have to plug out and in my Lpk25 every time I load a project and I am done.
Bymember04959388 Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:19 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Have not used it yet .. im thinking about going standalone for now on waiting on them to fix the sync problem

Yeah I only use it standalone.
A great groove box, I hope Akai focuses on making it an even better one for performances
By Fre$hBreath Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:39 am
I **** LOVE my MPC X!
**** all the haters.
I **** LOVE my MPC X!
By Caustic Yoda Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:09 am
mediumly happy, would give it a review of 5/10 does most things an mpc should very nicely, tracking out a beat is significantly imporved, i would like to see a bit more interaction from akai with the community on making it a great mpc as they are busy implementing the dumbest features while legacy features get left behind and in some ways the sampler and sequencer has taken a few steps backwards. apart from the tracking out being much improved, the new pads are dope and best yet, i have luke warm feelings towards the mpc live, and prevoiusly tried the mpc studio which i sold soon after, i have spent many years using the mpcs1000/2500/2000 and also use an sp303 and elektron digitakt regularly, i would like to see akai look at what the folks at elektron are doing to make samplers exciting again, the current mpcs work fine for the most part but they definately wont acheiveany classic mpc status at this rate.
By Eyalc Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 am
Caustic Yoda wrote:...i would like to see a bit more interaction from akai with the community on making it a great mpc as they are busy implementing the dumbest features while legacy features get left behind and in some ways the sampler and sequencer has taken a few steps backwards...

...the current mpcs work fine for the most part but they definately wont acheiveany classic mpc status at this rate.

Not trying to be lazy by borrowing these paragraphs, but... what he said^^^
By kaydigi Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:55 am
The pad shift options helps tremendously, before that was included it was frustrating with all the menu diving.

The browser is garbage, with all the stuff they added it’s only make sense to folder dive like the classic mpc ‘s. If your kits in the the expansion aren’t tagged correctly you may never come across some stuff.

While a lot of the feature updates have been really good, there should be more frequent bug updates.

Also if it wasn’t for Dan we would have no info from akai on what’s going on at all. Just an update random update around namm.

So overall the Live is packed with features but man I would give any think for an unofficial firmware.
By robleighton22 Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:30 pm
Would love someone to hack it and have an unofficial JJ style OS. The design could be heaps better...get the sense it's overly complex under the hood and a nightmare to update. Hence why simple obvious things such as midi in and out via USB are not possible.
By Unreallystic Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 pm
I am "satisfied" with my purchase.

Full price on the Live feels like too much (its not, just feels like it).

The nature of the Live (being able to throw it in my UDG bag and take just it and my headphones somewhere and work) is huge for me, it cuts out the distractions and reduces my urge to experiment all the time (sometimes is good, all the times is not).

As someone who's been trying to learn the piano coupled with music theory that I've already learned, I struggle to play things out on the pads and find myself too frequently using the "Pad Performer", which shoe-horns me into certain melodies and styles. Of course there are ways around this, like a MIDI keyboard, but then I am lowering the ease of traveling.

Default sounds are over processed and hurt my ears, and the organization is a bit "meh"

Navigation is easy once you wrap your head aroudn it, but its not always the most efficient, I get frustrated at times when trying to fine tune certain things, because of the back and forth.

Woould I buy a new MPC, most likely not.
- Unreall
By Bezo Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 pm
Happy, trending downwards. Hopefully 2.6 changes that, but at least one feature I'm hoping for has been confirmed not to be included.
By 40Beatz Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:00 pm
Im Pretty much Happy with both Live/X. Coming from the Legacy Standalones, Akai has really progressed. If I were coming from a Software Environment, I would be disappointed with the lack of some features. But I sympathize with Akai, by them tryin to appease several Software type requests. I believe, in time, Akai will introduce more Hardware Standalones that can handle the Software Features requested.
In my eyes....there's no Competition! Im a firm believer in "Workarounds". If a user doesn't like "Menu Diving", Purchase the X. If the Hardware cant handle Timestretching, perform it in the Software, etc
I can Guarantee there's a Workaround for EVERY Gripe.
But That's just my Two Pennies lol
By jackmate Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:24 pm
i love the sound, some of the FX and the pads!
not being multitimbral and no seperate track automation is a laugh though!!
its sturdy, battery is awesome and did i say it sounds great?!
but how stoopid is the sample browsing and the q-link programming??

50/50 i´d say, but i honestly think, its not users "working" on these machines, but maybe bang out a beat a day with the preset-sounds 8) s...and be happy as larry.

but to those who work with this thing, it can be a pain in the a..
By bredal187 Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:29 am
No

Standalone mode is lacking basic features and the software is crap

There are free DAWs that are better then MPC 2.0