MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Unreallystic Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:36 pm
So I have to ask, out of ignorance, but how are people using the MPC with other DAWs? Is it as a controller with 16 pads? There are cheaper options for that (even from Akai). I get the Force as a Push alternative, but I've had a hard time wrapping around using say my Live with Ableton (at the same time - I work on my Live and feed Ableton when I get home).
- Unreall
By BeatWilson Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:24 pm
3 Way Im Using It.

1) .ALS Export into Ableton 10, Maybe adding a couple instruments after the initial beat was made in Ableton. Then mixing down, export and master.

2) Opening the MPC Software in Ableton and Recording into Ableton with Separate Tracks, While possibly playing a instrument or 2 with the Hardware Inputs all at once. Mix Down, Export and Master

3) Just playing everything Directly Into Ableton. like Drums directly from MPC into it. Recording the Synth after into it. Bit by bit inter Ableton, Basically Bypassing the MPC's sequencer. Mix Down, Export, and Master

Sometimes i will do most of the mixing down in MPC or I have done that in the past. These days I do that all in Ableton.

Thats where i'm at I guess.
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:33 pm
Unreallystic wrote:So I have to ask, out of ignorance, but how are people using the MPC with other DAWs? Is it as a controller with 16 pads? There are cheaper options for that (even from Akai). I get the Force as a Push alternative, but I've had a hard time wrapping around using say my Live with Ableton (at the same time - I work on my Live and feed Ableton when I get home).
- Unreall

I do my drum patterns on the Live and export them out and drag and drop into Reason. Simple as that. Those days of tracking out are long gone, there is no need for me to do that when I have the exporting option that works wonderfully. I couldn't get the Live to talk to Reason so I left that alone.
By Mista 808 Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:07 pm
So far the only thing I don't like about my MPC X was the price. I feel like for how much money I spent, there are far too many bugs/glitches and WTF moments then there should be. For example, when I try to use FL Studio plugins such as Nexus for example the MPC will completely freeze on me while connected to my PC in controller mode. I've had to give up on complete projects that were FIRE because of this. I have to force close the MPC daw and put the MPC back into standalone mode in order to fix the freezing issue. Because of this, I'm not really able to use 3rd party plugins. I have to stick to the ones by Akai and those are dull and boring.
That's my biggest gripe at this point. Aside from that, I personally feel they should have given us at very least 16 audio tracks while in standalone mode. 8 tracks is not enough. At least not until I find a work around that allows me to record more vocal tracks. For now if I plan to do any recording on a beat (such as a hook or just vocal samples etc.) I have to connect it to my PC in order to take advantage of more than just 8 audio tracks.

All in all I'm happy with my MPC X but I'm also waiting in anticipation for these bugs/issues to be resolved.
By Mista 808 Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:08 pm
bredal187 wrote:No

Standalone mode is lacking basic features and the software is ****

There are free DAWs that are better then MPC 2.0

I agree with you to a degree, but I'm curious what you feel are the "basic features" that standalone mode is lacking? Only thing I have a gripe about with standalone mode is only having 8 audio tracks. I personally feel they should have given us at very least 16. :worthy:
By Mista 808 Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:11 pm
Unreallystic wrote:So I have to ask, out of ignorance, but how are people using the MPC with other DAWs? Is it as a controller with 16 pads? There are cheaper options for that (even from Akai). I get the Force as a Push alternative, but I've had a hard time wrapping around using say my Live with Ableton (at the same time - I work on my Live and feed Ableton when I get home).
- Unreall

The only way I'm able to use it with FL Studio for example is if I make a drum beat or whatever on my MPC and then I bounce it into FL Studio to take advantage of Nexus and many other plugins that seem to piss off the MPC. I'm sure someone is saying while reading this "why not just load up a VST from FL Studio into the MPC daw/software?" Well because when I do the MPC gets mad and starts freezing out of no where. It seems like I can't really use any 3rd party plugins with my MPC in controller mode connected to my PC without it freezing up on me within a matter of minutes!

I also have a killer PC so it's not like it's my PC lacking or anything! :evil:
By Mista 808 Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:17 pm
40Beatz wrote:They Way I have my Standalone setup...I can control my VSTi channels in FL from the X. True indeed...if I wanna take the finished sounds with me, I have to either bounce it to an Audio Track or Sample/Chop it up into a Track on the X. But if you think about it...You have to render your VST Tracks with the MPC Software anyways, if you wanna work with it in Standalone.

I just MIDI Control Multiple VST channels in FL. I have to option to either leave all the sounds & Presets in FL or Export it out to the X. I just save the FL "Song" to a Folder/File name the same as whats on the X. Boom! I just load them back up, and the Track is there

I need to chat with you bro! I have been using FL Studio for 15+ years and can't seem to setup my MPC X with FL Studio. My MPC X works great with the MPC software ALL THE WAY UP TO THE POINT WHERE I decide to add an FL Studio plugin such as Nexus. As soon as I do that, the MPC always freezes up on me within a matter of minutes.

Just to paint a picture of how I envision using my MPC X with FL Studio...

1. I have to be able to access Nexus, Massive, and several other FL plugins without my MPC freezing.
2. I prefer laying drums on my MPC but laying synths/piano/basslines etc. with 3rd party plugins.

In case I'm doing it wrong, how do you set up your sessions? Are you only using FL as a plugin
loaded within the MPC software while your MPC is in controller mode? Or are you using the actual FL DAW and NOT using the MPC software?

Would be nice if whoever knows how to use their MPC X properly with FL Studio plugins would post a video
on Youtube of how to set it all up and get it working properly! Your video would honestly have TONS of views from people like me because I can't find anyone else online explaining how to get this setup! Only with Ableton which I've never used but would be willing to switch over to if people claim it's amazing with the MPC X.
By 40Beatz Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:20 pm
Mista 808 wrote:I need to chat with you bro! I have been using FL Studio for 15+ years and can't seem to setup my MPC X with FL Studio. My MPC X works great with the MPC software ALL THE WAY UP TO THE POINT WHERE I decide to add an FL Studio plugin such as Nexus. As soon as I do that, the MPC always freezes up on me within a matter of minutes.

1. I have to be able to access Nexus, Massive, and several other FL plugins without my MPC freezing.
2. I prefer laying drums on my MPC but laying synths/piano/basslines etc. with 3rd party plugins.

In case I'm doing it wrong, how do you set up your sessions? Are you only using FL as a plugin
loaded within the MPC software while your MPC is in controller mode? Or are you using the actual FL DAW and NOT using the MPC software?

Would be nice if whoever knows how to use their MPC X properly with FL Studio plugins would post a video
on Youtube of how to set it all up and get it working properly! Your video would honestly have TONS of views from people like me because I can't find anyone else online explaining how to get this setup! Only with Ableton which I've never used but would be willing to switch over to if people claim it's amazing with the MPC X.

There are many ways to integrate FL with the MPC.
Me Personally...I don't even use the MPC Software. To me...it seems redundant. I purchased the Live to free myself from the Software environment. I been Messin wit FL since version 4 or 5. Many people hated on it, but its a Powerful Piece of Software.

That being said....After a Year of learning the Live, I pulled the trigger and copped the X. Mainly because I enjoy the Hardware environment. True in all...there are some things the X/Live cannot accomplish without software.
I prefer using the MPC as my Master sequencer. However I can go back n make a beat with software easily because I have everything running thru a Dedicated mixer.

I may have to finally breakdown and post some videos of how I integrate the MPC wit FL.
By optik415 Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:25 pm
40Beatz wrote:
Mista 808 wrote:I need to chat with you bro! I have been using FL Studio for 15+ years and can't seem to setup my MPC X with FL Studio. My MPC X works great with the MPC software ALL THE WAY UP TO THE POINT WHERE I decide to add an FL Studio plugin such as Nexus. As soon as I do that, the MPC always freezes up on me within a matter of minutes.

There are many ways to integrate FL with the MPC.
Me Personally...I don't even use the MPC Software. To me...it seems redundant. I purchased the Live to free myself from the Software environment. I been Messin wit FL since version 4 or 5. Many people hated on it, but its a Powerful Piece of Software.

That being said....After a Year of learning the Live, I pulled the trigger and copped the X. Mainly because I enjoy the Hardware environment. True in all...there are some things the X/Live cannot accomplish without software.
I prefer using the MPC as my Master sequencer. However I can go back n make a beat with software easily because I have everything running thru a Dedicated mixer.

I may have to finally breakdown and post some videos of how I integrate the MPC wit FL.

I just bought FL Studio and wanna learn how to integrate with my MPC Live. Videos would be major and can help alot of people. There's not too much about this on youtube
By cmackg Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:43 pm
Lurv mine. I'll bet that's because I don't use it in any way like you dudes do. I prefer working in stand-alone mode, starting with a 2 bar beat, and then building up. I'll do entire songs in song mode, and never go near the DAW. I love that everything is all in the box. I'd like a few better plugins, but I use the midi out to my Moog Phatty, DeepMind and Circuit, all run to my main mixer. I'm going at it more as a songwriter/ambient sounds tool, vs a full-up hip-hop beats machine. Of the instruments I own (bass, guitar, keys) the Live is the one that gets me the most satisfaction fastest.
By justineastwick Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:04 pm
cmackg wrote:I'd like a few better plugins, but I use the midi out to my Moog Phatty, DeepMind and Circuit, all run to my main mixer.

How do you like your DEEPMIND? I'm planning on getting a DEEPMIND 12D for my next piece of equipment.
By cmackg Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:36 pm
justineastwick wrote:
cmackg wrote:I'd like a few better plugins, but I use the midi out to my Moog Phatty, DeepMind and Circuit, all run to my main mixer.

How do you like your DEEPMIND? I'm planning on getting a DEEPMIND 12D for my next piece of equipment.

It's a cool synth, I have the rack mount one, built a box around it to make it portable. Just discovered the sequencer mod chain -- there's a thing on Circuit like it. Lots of flexibility, some great tones, and the inboard effects are nice. Lots of menu-diving to program it.
By cmackg Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:19 pm
My only complaint about the DeepMind12 is there’s no way to test a sound without a keyboard - the moog will play one note, which is really handy when you can’t figure out your signal chain.
By vampyrelegion Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:07 pm
I am happy with my MPC X and Live. As Akai adds features and upgrades the MPC gets better and better and with Ableton support it's even better. I like the way Akai does stuff, I ended up adding the Force to my studio because Akai has stepped up their game!

By 40Beatz Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:45 pm
Lovely!!!