MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Scott Righteous Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:14 pm
I've been working on building various individual kits in the software. and now that I just started mixing and matching them, I realize that the MPC program structure is nothing like Maschine or most hardware samplers I've used.

The 4 send effects are global to all programs. So you can't have a drum kit, add a reverb and then set the reverb send level for each pad/sound in that drum kit and save it with that kit. This is such a standard way of doing things, that I can't believe something as sophisticated as the MPC can't work that way.

Of course you could save send settings, but if you have three kits loaded that use different send effects, you have a conflict.

You could put a reverb on each individual sound. I wonder if anyone has done that, would the MPC have the CPU power to handle that?

The only thing I can think of is to have drum kits saved as projects, and whenever I want to write a new song, pick the kit project as my base, and add other programs to it. I think it's mostly kits where I would use a few send effects, and other sounds could be built on the fly.

Is there some standard workaround that others use which I am missing?

Maschine has a few options, but also lets you put a reverb on a pad, and then other pads in that kit have sends to that pad, so you can save inserts with the kit that way.
By BeatWilson Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:58 pm
there are return, and sends are comming soon. so there are multiple ways for you to do this.

By the way your using it, i would use the returns. or just wait a couple weeks for the new submix in standalone and just apply to that.
By Scott Righteous Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:58 am
The existing sends are not program level - as in when you save the program, you don't keep the effects on the sends. So you are saying that they will be adding program level sends that have effects that save with the programs? That would make sense. I find it hard to use the MPC as a tool where I can mix and match drum kits, I always have to build up a whole project, and then I'm kind of locked in to the kit I started with.
By 40Beatz Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:22 pm
The Workaround would be to apply Reverb to individual Pads and adjust to liking. I would think if a Whole Drum Kit were in a Concert Hall, they all would have the same level of Reverb.
Me...I would Duplicate Program. Original Program on One Track, and Duplicate on another track. And Have two different Reverbs to adjust to liking. Takes about Two to Three Keystrokes