MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cjr91607 Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:30 pm
Im getting a Krome 61 key WS and I want to avoid having to purchase a mixer for both MPC and Krome. Is there a way to run the Krome audio THRU the MPC X without having to having to record into the MPC? I'm thinking I can run it thru the sampler line in but hoping there is another more efficient way of doing it. Thanks
By Lampdog Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:59 pm
Read the manual.
By Cjr91607 Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:49 pm
Lampdog wrote:Read the manual.

Thanks! I'm away for home and don't have access to the manual which is why I asked the forum.

There's always AFAH!
By Monotremata Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:34 am
Just keep in mind, it has no sort of hardware monitoring at all so its going to be latent as hell if you're trying to play along with it. Somebody just asked about this a couple weeks ago at Gearslutz and Dan flat out said it didnt have anything to compensate for this.. Another one of the DAW features they overlooked when they threw in audio recording.. Theres way too many posts since then to find it, but it might have been the Live the guy was using.. I cant remember if Dan said there was a difference between the two when it came to this or not.
By Cockdiesel Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:24 am
pretty surte the x is stated (in that thread) to have direct monitoring and the live doesn't. But don't let that BS mislead you, I've been rocking the live with a mixingboard going into the inputs for over 2 years. Never had any issues myself in sequencing and tracking out 3 different synths going into the mixing board. The x also gives you more inputs so you can mutlitrack .
Id have to say you would have quite the system with the korg and a x. not sure where this expert get "latency", and makes me wonder if he even uses this stuff... to be clear I use it stand alone with an asr-10 like you mention all the time. I don't really bother with the software, and it's basically just a bigger screen and does seem to add latency to me at times. I'll use the software sometimes to work on my tracks with ab bigger screen but tbh standalone and exporting to ableton is the way to go for me.
By Manglepup Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:44 pm
Monotremata wrote:Just keep in mind, it has no sort of hardware monitoring at all so its going to be latent as hell if you're trying to play along with it. Somebody just asked about this a couple weeks ago at Gearslutz and Dan flat out said it didnt have anything to compensate for this.. Another one of the DAW features they overlooked when they threw in audio recording.. Theres way too many posts since then to find it, but it might have been the Live the guy was using.. I cant remember if Dan said there was a difference between the two when it came to this or not.

Perhaps I don't understand what you mean by monitoring but I monitor my since through my MPC without recording all the time I have an MPC live and I just tap the monitor button in the track view for audio track one. Then I can hear whatever is going in to the inputs when my live is playing back or when its stopped
By BeatWilson Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:53 pm
I believe he wants more than one input to go through at a time. like instrument 1 and 2 through mono each. instead of them on 1/2 that force one to one side and the other to the opposite. He just wants it to be an open passing channel for all his inputs while sequencing and use the mpc for other things.
By Manglepup Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:00 pm
BeatWilson wrote:I believe he wants more than one input to go through at a time. like instrument 1 and 2 through mono each. instead of them on 1/2 that force one to one side and the other to the opposite. He just wants it to be an open passing channel for all his inputs while sequencing and use the mpc for other things.

I'm not positive but I believe you may be able to do that what you would do is have two audio tracks open that one to monitor audio input one and the other top monitor audio input 2 or left and right.