MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By HUBA Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:40 pm
Having some major issues with timing, notes dropping out and other weird things happening. It sort of behaves like the RAM is used up or the processor is choking even though there are no indications of anything being nearly maxed.
Worse thing is projects that sounds great at saving time sounding all wrong and chaotic beyond recognition when reloaded. I've taken this as user error or me not being in "the zone" the next time I Iisten to it, but today I tried rebooting and reloading a project I had just saved, and it was nothing like what I just had been working on, so something is really wrong.

I don't care about all the new fancy stuff on the latest OS versions if there's an older version that is more stable. I'm still on an early OS version, so I doubt I'll be missing anything by getting just a slightly newer version. As long as it's stable. So what version should I go for?
By Monotremata Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:46 pm
You haven't upgraded it yet? The Live had some horrible issues early on, I would grab 2.5 like a month ago and install that right away heh.
By HUBA Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:32 pm
So no issues with any of the 2.5 versions? I kinda fell off that 7000 page MPC Live thread on gearslutz a long time ago and haven't really been following much of the discussion about it elsewhere either.
By Monotremata Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:46 am
Hahaha yeah that thread is RIDICULOUS now. Its only gonna get worse after the new update drops too hah. Umm I dont know, the software in general has its issues, even my Studio version does. For the most part its good to go as long as you can work around it. The thing is, with the older versions like youre on, even less works. So far its all been win win with each update. Its still not perfect but they're doing a pretty good job getting alot of stuff taken care of with each one. It wont be any worse or go backwards, if anything you'll get some things fixed here and there.
By HUBA Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:47 am
Thanks for expanding on that. I hear you on the win win of each update, I just don't want to install the latest OS version just to find out by some horrid accident that the stable version was the version before that, and that my lost work could have been saved by getting the right OS version. However, I've read through the stickie about bugs in 2.4 and 2.5, and I guess any major issues in 2.5 would have been mentioned there by now. Not sure I need the VST-like skins for the effects, but as long as they're back compatible I'll probably survive. :)

It might get a bit complicated, but they should really offer a bug fixes only version of each update for the unhealthy sceptics of us, separately from the complete OS updates with new features for the light hearted, so people could choose whether they'd want to risk problems by getting new stuff early or not, but still have their current bugs fixed. It's probably a bit negative to see it like that, but it's pretty frustrating having some great sounding project you've been working on get ruined because the OS wasn't finished before release. Like you said though, I can't do any worse than keeping the version I currently run anyway, so 2.5 it is.

Thanks again
By 40Beatz Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 pm
You can always revert back to a previous OS version.