MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dubscape Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:34 pm
My projekt fails to load!

Can I save the file somehow? It was a great song but I guess I maxed out on the sample memory.

Now when I try to load the xpj file I can see the mpc loading samples and it looks fine, but then it chokes and a message says System usage critical - some of your projekt may have failed to load.

Then the song is empty, no tracks, no samples nothing.

What's wrong?

Please tell me I can save the song somehow!!!

Can I open the file in the computer, deleting some samples and then maybe the mpc can open the file again? Or is there some other way to fix it?

Please, please help!!!
:worthy: :worthy:
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:00 pm
Odd that it managed to save it in the first place if it uses more memory than the Live is capable of holding. Did you originally save it in a previous firmware, or have you since installed an extra expansions (the expansion images all get loaded on boot up, which drains memory).

Have you saved it on the internal (Factory) drive, or to a usb/SD/SATA drive?
By 40Beatz Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:47 pm
Corrupt file. If you can get it to load, Save it as a Different name. Then if both XPJ files give you that error, its something in the Project
By Dubscape Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:51 pm
Yes It's in the internal drive, I think that may be the problem it's probably full.

I can open the samples in the projekt map.

How do I copy and save the xpj file from the internal factory drive to another drive, like to the extra drive I installed in tve mpc?

I think it may work if I copy the file to another drive or maybe deleted a few samples in the folder, but the problem is how do I do that?
By 40Beatz Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 pm
I think you'll have to Load it, then Save it to the External HDD/SDD or SD/USB card. No way to access the Internal Drive
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:08 pm
You can only transfer projects from the internal drive by loading them and re-saving them elsewhere. If you can't load it at all due to (potential) memory issues, maybe remove a large sample from the project's 'projectData' folder and see if the project then loads (it will just skip the missing sample). You could first just load the large sample individually, save it elsewhere so you have a copy. To access projectData folders, turn off the 'MPC' filter in the browser.

However if the problem is due to a full internal drive, you'll need to free up some space by deleting content from it. Or if it's a corrupt project, then you might be out of luck. Moving forward, always save to a different disk, that way you can always access your content via controller mode or by physically removing the drive. You can then easily backup your work.
By Monotremata Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:12 pm
As a Studio guy thats planning on moving up to a Live as soon as I can afford it, this is good to know.. Ive got a 250gb drive just sitting here waiting for the day I get one so Ill just start using that from day 1 since I plan on going back and forth between the software and the Live heh.