MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cptnzero Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:44 pm
I recently had this issue with a Crucial SSD. The fix was to install the SSD into the AKAI MPC Live, go to controller mode with a computer, then format the drive that way - through the computer and MPC Live together. Formatting the drive alone didn't work until I did it this way. After that, it worked just as expected without issues.
By Bezo Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:25 pm
Photon wrote:Hey Bezo, i have exactly the same problem. I also have the Samsung 860 Evo (new) and win 10. The first problem was that Windows did not allow formatting in exFAT but only Ntfs. Luckily I had a partition program here that allowed me to format it in exFAT. Now I also have the problem that the hard drive appears in the controller mode in Windows, but not in the standalone mode. So I'm very curious what the support tells you. But at least it's not the hardware, that's for sure. Nice day :-D

I missed this until the recent bump. FWIW, the issue for me was the SSD. Once replaced, all was well.

cptnzero wrote:I recently had this issue with a Crucial SSD. The fix was to install the SSD into the AKAI MPC Live, go to controller mode with a computer, then format the drive that way - through the computer and MPC Live together. Formatting the drive alone didn't work until I did it this way. After that, it worked just as expected without issues.

This is how I did it as well. Can't say it was accessible in standalone mode initially because I didn't try until shortly before I started this thread.
By Ultros Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:25 am
Did you create a partition before formatting it? if it doesn't have a gpt (guid partition table) it likely wont show. (as opposed to formatting entire sd.) Pro tip, use your android phone and it'll do the leg work for you.