MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By GangstaCookies Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:39 am
Hey guys i'm kind of new to all of this so bear with me.

When I connect my turntable directly to my speakers the audio is fine. But when I run it through my mpc live and out to the monitors, the sound deteriorates heavily, to the point where I don't want to sample until I fix the problem.

Should I get better cables? Should I get a better turntable that includes a ground wire? Any suggestions and recommendations appreciated.

Thanks.
By Ill-Green Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:14 am
The RCA input is phono, so if you really are directly connecting a turntable to speakers then the output on the turntable is line. What turntable are you using, it probably has a switch. Switch your turntable to phono.

One plaza hotel your welcome.
By Ill-Green Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:42 pm
Yeah, those speakers receive line level. So your turntable is line level. It definitely has a switch from line to phono. But if you can't find the switch which is at the bottom of the turntable, then alternatively you can connect the turntable directly to the MPC's main inputs (line level) by using RCA to 1/4" adaptors.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:13 pm
GangstaCookies wrote:My setup is,

Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-BK
PreSonus Eris E4.5 2-Way Powered Studio Monitors (Pair)
Hosa CSS-201 Dual 1/4" TRS to Dual 1/4" TRS Stereo Interconnect Cable
MPC Live

I tried switching between line and phono, but nothing seemed to even register under phono.

On the back of the Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-BK, switch it phono, and plug that directly to the MPC LIVE rca inputs. Be sure to switch to phono on the back of MPC as well. (The RCA's are for phono input only.)

or

On the back of the Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-BK. switch it line, and plug that directly to the MPC LIVE 1/4 inputs. Be sure to switch to line on the back of the MPC as well.

or

Other options:
1. Plug Turntable directly to DJ Mixer and Plug the Out of Mixer into the MPC LIVE's 1/4 inputs.
2. Plug Turntable into Radial J33 Preamp/DI BOX and plug that into MPC LIVES's 1/4 inputs.

Get this kind of cable to go from your turntable to the 1/4 inputs on the MPC LIVE. The below picture
is just an example, don't buy that brand.

Type of cable: 3.5mm 1/8" TRS to Dual 6.35mm 1/4" TS Mono Stereo Y-Cable