MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Rabbit Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:03 pm
Hello
This has probably been asked a million times but I'm literally ready to throw my Live out of the bloody window.
I'm not interested about using the software at all but now i've realised that I cant format my ssd or flashdrives without it(or download expansions)..and when I try to open the software I get the good old "the code redemption limit blah blah".I've tried to contact akai but havent recieved an answer(I've waited for a week now) and all this leaves my Live completely useless..literally.
Can anybody shed some light upon this mess..
Thanks!
By EnochLight Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:13 pm
Rabbit wrote:Hello
This has probably been asked a million times but I'm literally ready to throw my Live out of the bloody window.
I'm not interested about using the software at all but now i've realised that I cant format my ssd or flashdrives without it(or download expansions)..and when I try to open the software I get the good old "the code redemption limit blah blah".I've tried to contact akai but havent recieved an answer(I've waited for a week now) and all this leaves my Live completely useless..literally.
Can anybody shed some light upon this mess..
Thanks!

Uhhhhh support most definitely doesn't take a week to get back to me. Have you checked your SPAM filters in your email to see if you're missing their responses? Otherwise, I'd submit a new case.

You're going to need to get the licensing issue sorted for your MPC Live Software, sure, but.. I don't think you need that to format your drive. If it's installed properly inside of your Live, once you hook up your Live via USB3 and switch over to standalone mode, you should be able to access it via your OS's disk management utilities to initiate a file system and format (choose exFAT). Devices that are uninitialized or do not have a file system will not be recognized by the MPC hardware and consequently cannot be formatted in standalone mode.

Watch (go to the 5:08 mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTiACxsY1N4?t=309
By dez perado Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:30 pm
Yea not gonna front they are usually prompt with the responses regarding licensing
By Rabbit Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:44 pm
Well..
When I try to do it like the dude in the video all I get is "looking for a computer"..and it's never found.Drivers etc. are up to date and all so I'm clueless.That's why I figured I have to get the software running.But who knows.
By Rabbit Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:33 am
Not really a possibility(calling them)..but still no contact from akai apart receiving somekind of case number from me contacting them so I guess they at least got my message.Strange behaviour anyway.
By Rabbit Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:54 pm
Ok so akai got back to me and I got the software running and formatted my ssd.couldnt be happier now just making them beats like crazy.Thanks for help everybody.Cheers.