MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Scott Righteous Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:44 am
For mac. I downloaded 2.6 and ran the software installed. The first thing that happens is a pop-up that says "2.6.0.16 is available - you are running 2.6 - download update".

So I did, and ran that, and re-installed the software. If you view the software version, it says 2.6.0.16, so I ran it and it did not have a pop-up this time to say there was an update. So I clicked "check for updates". It says "2.6.0.17 is now available - you are running 2.6 - download update."

But this time, I think it's the exact same updater as the 2.6.0.16

Has anyone gone through this runaround on the mac? is there a 2.6.0.17 installer?
By Monotremata Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:44 am
Weird I had it open all afternoon but just opened it again now to check and yeah I got the popup heh. I downloaded the demo because my account still said 2.5 this morning, and it was 2.6.0.16. Im in the middle of downloading this so-called 2.6.0.17 so Ill see when I can unzip it.

Edit: Nope, its the exact same 2.6.0.17 installer. Wonder if there's a bug with the update. The Arturia MIDI software for my Micro Brute tells me there's a new firmware every time I open it. I have the firmware installed but the software doesn't see the .xxx at the end and thinks I just have 2.0.
By Scott Righteous Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:47 am
yeah, I don't think there is a 2.6.0.17. I think anytime you click "check for updates", it just gets over excited and ups the number by one and tells you there is an update when there isn't.

I have noticed that in controller mode, the pad colors on my MPC only show up in some modes, some times. It's inconsistent. This may have been the case previously and I only noticed it now.
By enchilada Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 am
Another user here with this error. I get:
"Install MPC 2.6.0.16" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Bin."

The file I downloaded was MPC-v2.6Mac.zip. I tried to download it from my products on the Akai website and also by checking for updates within the app. Both are giving the same error.

I tried sudo spctl --master-disable in terminal and making sure "Allow apps downloaded from" in system settings is set to "Anyone". No luck.

I had no problems updating the firmware on my MPC Live but the MPC software is still stuck on 2.5.

I'm running Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.

Has anyone else had this problem and successfully resolved it or any ideas what else I can try?

Thanks,

Kris
By Monotremata Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:01 pm
I just unzipped the archive on Mojave and it opened fine. I think the last time I reinstalled it I did have to codesign the installer, didn't have to do that when it was released. Those security settings won't do anything to a zip file though, that only relates to the actual .app itself, not the archive.

The damaged message is the quarantine bit. Catalina is gonna be brutal on security. It wouldn't surprise me if Apple is trying to force more devs to pay for a Dev account by requiring even Zip files to be Apple Approved and signed.

Try running this in the terminal:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /path to/your zip file

Although Ive NEVER seen that affect an archive, only an app itself. Just remember, its probably NOT going to work though. Akai still hasn't said everything is hunky dory yet in Catalina world. The users on their own forums that don't even read the big announcements are now complaining 'Hey I just bought this and it won't work with my new laptop what the hell?'.
By morph860 Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:27 pm
I was able to install 2.6 on Catalina, but the installer for the MPC Live driver failed. Another member on here e-mailed me the .kext drive file. I just copy-pasted that into the folder it needed to be in and everything works fine. This was on a MacBook Pro that came with Catalina installed. I had an older Mac mini that was upgraded to Catalina. I had issues with that one. I ended up doing a fresh install of Catalina vs. an upgrade and now that one works fine as well.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:20 pm
Fanu wrote:Why do ppl update so early anyways…beats me. No reason to do it.

Addiction to updates and shine new things. Apple forces people to move up and if the music manufacturers aren't on the advance list, their customer base loses. Unfortunately, this is the issue when equipment is tethered to computer OS.

Truly, we're at a point where standalone digital multi-track recorders, need to make a serious return. Look at how people want to use the MPC Live and X. They want more audio tracks and the ability to run VST effects and instruments in standalone.
By EnochLight Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:28 pm
enchilada wrote:Akai have published a kb article on this:

https://www.akaipro.com/kb/macos-10-15- ... r-akai-pro

Turns out Catalina is not currently supported :cry:

What’s maddening is that literally none - NONE - of Akai’s iMPC apps are supported on iOS 13, yet the vast majority of iOS users update to the latest version almost immediately. These stats have been true for well over a decade - and Akai knows this.

They should have been more proactive at updating their iMPC apps at least, IMHO.
By kaydigi Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:16 pm
EnochLight wrote:
enchilada wrote:Akai have published a kb article on this:

https://www.akaipro.com/kb/macos-10-15- ... r-akai-pro

Turns out Catalina is not currently supported :cry:

What’s maddening is that literally none - NONE - of Akai’s iMPC apps are supported on iOS 13, yet the vast majority of iOS users update to the latest version almost immediately. These stats have been true for well over a decade - and Akai knows this.

They should have been more proactive at updating their iMPC apps at least, IMHO.

IMPC 2 works on ios 13 just fine. I’ve made a few beats on it since the release and point updates.

Is your version crashing?
By CharlesRandolph Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:33 pm
kaydigi wrote:IMPC 2 works on ios 13 just fine. I’ve made a few beats on it since the release and point updates.

Exactly. The iOS apps works, because they're not tethered to any device drivers. All, not supported means, is the machines may work, but they can't guarantee anything. Those who use Apple computers for productions work, should understand the waiting process.

Most studios I frequent have not updated to Catalina. Because when they do update, they back up everything and do clean installs across multi computers. So everything from the plug in to the studio network must work.