MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:15 pm

What do you guys think?
By Tricky Gnosis Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 pm
Wow good show. Coming from the Elektron world the lack of automation in standalone almost put me off the Live. For me, and I think many others, this was one of the biggest deficiencies.

Thanks Akai for listening to the users!
By D3V1L15H Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:20 pm
I didnt fully check out the videos, i just went straight to my downloads and it still lists 2.5

Seems only 2.6 overview videos have finally arrived
By Monotremata Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:53 pm
So basically, theyre just playing catch up to bring the Live/X up to where the software is, and software users get nothing with this update heh. Ooooh maybe we get the new icons!!
By Bezo Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:57 pm
Monotremata wrote:So basically, theyre just playing catch up to bring the Live/X up to where the software is, and software users get nothing with this update heh. Ooooh maybe we get the new icons!!
Basically. Great for stand alone only folks. Maybe us hybrid users get something with 2.7.

Good news for me is there's no additional disappointment while returning my defective Live right before this update.
By EnochLight Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:17 pm
I still feel the update is "meh", but honestly - it's moving in the right direction. Every point update we've had for the Live/X firmware seems to be fixing (most) things and adding new features. I'm still holding out for 3.0 to be the actual update to blow me away, but we're probably looking at 2020 before that's even close to being a thing.
By Lee Jones Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:23 pm
D3V1L15H wrote:I didnt fully check out the videos, i just went straight to my downloads and it still lists 2.5

Thats why im here looking two. Where is the firmware update??

Please let us know if you have found it..
Thanks
By Bezo Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:30 pm
Lee Jones wrote:
D3V1L15H wrote:I didnt fully check out the videos, i just went straight to my downloads and it still lists 2.5

Thats why im here looking two. Where is the firmware update??

Please let us know if you have found it..
Thanks
The actually update has not been released yet, only preview vids.
By Caustic Yoda Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:04 pm
looks promising from the video, automation looks nicely added to standalone, i had done away with submixes due to not supported in standalone, nice to have this option, hopefully we can rename them, at least this is a proper update without any bloat, im happy
By Guilleonline Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:21 pm
Well as a Standalone kinda guy all I can say is... f++k yeah!

hopefully the situation with the 2analog input get's fixed too. but truly great update for standalone users for sure!
By EnochLight Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:05 pm
Guilleonline wrote:hopefully the situation with the 2analog input get's fixed too. but truly great update for standalone users for sure!

What's the situation with the 2 analog inputs? What needs to be fixed?

kaydigi wrote:That’s a lot menu diving for automation, better than nothing I suppose.

Agreed. It's clunky as shit, but totally better than it was before. But you can already automate just by grabbing a knob or touching a control when you're recording. They've just allowed us to now finally be able to edit each lane, albeit clunkily.
By Buzzard Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:40 am
I'm glad the automation has arrived as I wanted. Didn't know they pushed released videos before releasing. I wonder what gives. Excited for the menu redo as well.

I challenge you all to not complain. Nothing is perfect.