MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:15 am
Buzzard wrote:I'm glad the automation has arrived as I wanted. Didn't know they pushed released videos before releasing. I wonder what gives. Excited for the menu redo as well.

I challenge you all to not complain. Nothing is perfect.

I saw it posted on a You Tube channel earlier and the poster mentioned he thought someone did it by accident since the download wasn't ready yet. I dont think it was an official Akai channel or anything though, cant remember the users name.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:25 am
kaydigi wrote:That’s a lot menu diving for automation, better than nothing I suppose.

EnochLight wrote:Agreed. It's clunky as ****, but totally better than it was before.

With all the functions on the MPC LIVE, you're going to menu dive. Now you can change this by using another MIDI controller and MIDI map select functions to their own button.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:52 am
I think we're only seeing half of the story. Akai Pro only released the 2.6 firmware update video. The 2.6 software update video starring Geoff and Pete is not uploaded yet...
By bredal187 Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:53 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:

With all the functions on the MPC LIVE, you're going to menu dive. Now you can change this by using another MIDI controller and MIDI map select functions to their own button.

Or they could add shortcuts with Shift + pad like its always been

I have NO idea why I can’t navigate or at least assign shortcuts to my pads

Again, basic shit they didn’t include

The next mpc won’t have a volume knob. Only the set output level
By Fre$hBreath Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:48 am
kaydigi wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:I think we're only seeing half of the story. Akai Pro only released the 2.6 firmware update video. The 2.6 software update video starring Geoff and Pete is not uploaded yet...

I thought that was Geoff speaking in that video.

I'm sure it was, but I have a feeling there's another video...
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:28 am
bredal187 wrote:
Or they could add shortcuts with Shift + pad like its always been

I have NO idea why I can’t navigate or at least assign shortcuts to my pads

Again, basic **** they didn’t include

The next mpc won’t have a volume knob. Only the set output level

Perhaps in the next update. :lol: Until then put on your scuba gear and deep dive those menus. :)
By Monotremata Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:51 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:I think we're only seeing half of the story. Akai Pro only released the 2.6 firmware update video. The 2.6 software update video starring Geoff and Pete is not uploaded yet...

Yeah so far everything only mentioned new FIRMWARE.. There is very little at all that software users will be getting going by this. If this is the same feature set, we get the new automation/lfo thing, the vintage effect GUIs and thats it. We have automation lanes, we've had submixes, etc.. I cant see them pushing the firmware up and leaving the software at 2.5, so Im sure there is still more. This kinda leads me to believe the guy on You Tube was right and somebody screwed up and let this one out early. Although, there's already a big ad for the new firmware up on the front page of their website so who knows.. It doesn't stop me from getting anything done at least, just was kinda hoping for some new stuff or some of the quirks to get ironed out.
By maerteijn Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 am
Monotremata wrote:This kinda leads me to believe the guy on You Tube was right and somebody screwed up and let this one out early.

Well, Akai also announced it in a press release on their website.

I think they did a really well job with the new automation features: both in the step sequencer and the regular editor.

Looking forward to the actual release and checking it out myself!
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:45 am
Buzzard wrote:Didn't know they pushed released videos before releasing. I wonder what gives. Excited for the menu redo as well.

They haven't done it this way before, I assume it's because they want to create some buzz around summer NAMM, but 2.6 is probably not actually 100% finished yet.

Are you seriously excited about the menu redo? It's just some new icons, no new menu features as far as I can tell. Seems a bit pointless until they update the entire GUI to match the Force's, which is probably 3.0. Just adds to the fragmented feel of things IMO.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:54 am
All-New TUI layouts for Akai Vintage effects.

Weird one this being pushed in the video and the press release. No new functionality or no new vintage FX, just a new graphic on a screen that already does nothing and offers no editing parameters anyway. Plenty of good stuff in the update, but this one just seems pointless.

If they are going to update a plugin UI then it would be good to see one for editing Hybrid presets in controller mode, one to match the editing UI for all the other internal instrument plugins.
By r4nd0m Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:29 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Are you seriously excited about the menu redo? It's just some new icons, no new menu features as far as I can tell. Seems a bit pointless until they update the entire GUI to match the Force's, which is probably 3.0. Just adds to the fragmented feel of things IMO.

thats exactly what I was thinking ...

with regards to their process I wished they had like closed/invite only beta and more public betas towards the completion so you can review and feedback eg like Apple - also helps finding bugs as you got more eyes on different things you probably dont check during QA ...
By zangetsu01 Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:30 am
I'm pretty sure they've had beta testers (Tubedigga) but just no public beta. All the little graphical changes are just puzzle pieces
that will ultimately lead to a whole new graphical interface when we arrive at 3.0.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:52 am
They've had a beta program since before the Ren was released, I used to do it but found it too time consuming and more than a bit frustrating at times. Not sure if they are still accepting people, but you used to be able to apply. There is of course a public beta, we've all been active members of this since MPC Software 1.0 :) I still think they should have a public bug list/feature request list so we can avoid wasting time reporting stuff that has already been submitted.