MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By optik415 Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:36 pm
I'm in the middle of a project using 2.4! Can anyone confirm older projects working in 2.6 with no probs?
By Icepulse Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:20 pm
r4nd0m wrote:
Koldunya wrote:\o/ Well, I know what I'm doing when I get home from work.

download 2.5 from https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-live in case you may need it later?? :smoker: :lol:

they dont keep the old versions in the account for some reason ...

I’m @ the DL page now.

I see 2.0.7, 2.1, 2.2, 2.4,... basically all of them. You must be on another page.
By Bezo Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:47 pm
Anyone know if there were any improvements to the software or was the software update only to keep up numerically with the firmware.
By zangetsu01 Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:55 pm
Bezo wrote:Anyone know if there were any improvements to the software or was the software update only to keep up numerically with the firmware.

The new automation on the hardware also works in controller mode.. I think it's the same for all the other improvements..
By 40Beatz Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:26 pm
Scroll down Bruh!
By Bezo Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:32 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
Bezo wrote:Anyone know if there were any improvements to the software or was the software update only to keep up numerically with the firmware.

The new automation on the hardware also works in controller mode.. I think it's the same for all the other improvements..
With the exception of the step automation, I think, those things were already in the software.

I'll see if they look any different.

Maybe/hopefully they're taking turns with hard/software improvements. Good for all end users.
By Bezo Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:19 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:

Yes, lots of changes to the software and controller mode.

https://www.akaipro.com/kb/mpc-2-6-desk ... are-update
Thanks! I do see a few software specific items.

MPC 2.6 includes MIDI maps for... Native Instruments controllers. Hmm... as an owner of a Komplete Kontrol S49, I need to investigate this. Would this have been installed with the software update or is there something else I need to do? And I wonder what functionality this MIDI Map provides?
By Monotremata Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:08 pm
Bezo wrote:
MPC 2.6 includes MIDI maps for... Native Instruments controllers. Hmm... as an owner of a Komplete Kontrol S49, I need to investigate this. Would this have been installed with the software update or is there something else I need to do? And I wonder what functionality this MIDI Map provides?

I think theyre in your Akai account. If you scroll through all the crap in there, you know how there's an entry for the MPC 2.x whatever download and then a separate entry for all the 2.x documentation and whatnot? The controller maps and stuff are mixed in with the documentation/getting started videos/etc. Theyve been there since Ive had my Studio though, I dont think those are new with 2.6. Ill have to go check if they did one for the BeatStep Pro finally. Its kinda neat to use as a pseudo channel mixer (I hate the sequencer in it heh) but not much else.
By mr_debauch Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:07 pm
i tried looking for it on the site during the weekend that just passed.... didn't see it there yet. my guess is they prepared the video material and everything an advance, already uploaded it to youtube with a scheduled release.... which didn't align with actually being able to release the update.