MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:16 pm
Frisbi wrote:PSP fetcompressor
PSP oldtimer ME
PSP preqursor2

Soundtoys Echoboy for delays
Soundtoys Litlle Plate for reverb

I LOVE those Soundtoys plugins! I got Little Plate for free a few years ago when they gave it away and omg its my go to plate every single time. I bought Echoboy a few months back when it went on sale for $50 and immediately went 'God why did I just buy another delay plugin' and whoooooooa boy when I used it I knew why hehe!

Also gotta add Ohmforce's stuff is STILL pretty out there, Output, New Sonic Arts, even Audio Damage is doing some rad stuff with the granular plugins. If you like old delays, Overloud's Echorec is THE KING and youre never going to find a real Binson Echorec you can afford.

Speaking of PSP and delays... The PSP42 rules, at least until I pick up a real PCM41 or 42!
Bymember04959388 Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:23 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Frisbi wrote:PSP fetcompressor
PSP oldtimer ME
PSP preqursor2

I LOVE those Soundtoys plugins! I got Little Plate for free a few years ago when they gave it away and omg its my go to plate every single time. I bought Echoboy a few months back when it went on sale for $50 and immediately went 'God why did I just buy another delay plugin' and whoooooooa boy when I used it I knew why hehe!

Also gotta add Ohmforce's stuff is STILL pretty out there, Output, New Sonic Arts, even Audio Damage is doing some rad stuff with the granular plugins. If you like old delays, Overloud's Echorec is THE KING and youre never going to find a real Binson Echorec you can afford.

Speaking of PSP and delays... The PSP42 rules, at least until I pick up a real PCM41 or 42!

PSP fetcompressor is the best compressor I tried so far.
You can just use the makeup to give strength to any material in a way I cannot find anywhere else
Bymember04959388 Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:23 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Even a real fet compressor?

Of course the real one is even better :)
Bymember04959388 Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:42 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Do you have a link of your music, using these plug ins? With all these effects, you guys must be recording, composing, and mixing, Han Zimmer/DrDre/Russell Elevado/Bruce Swedien quality.

https://sleepiscommercial.bandcamp.com/ ... -athyrmata

This is with all those plugins, before I switched to Mpc standalone

https://jonfram.bandcamp.com/releases

This with Mpc but the other player with ableton and other computer stuff
By Danoc Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:24 am
I have Echoboy and the Little Plate. That can reverb to infinity and the real hardware can't. :nod:
I also have Sound Toy's filter that thing is a beast.

@Charlesrandolph l was thinking on getting Console 1 but that would of been overkill plus l don't wanna have a box with knobs like that. My boy has it and he loves it.

Frisbi wrote:
PSP fetcompressor
PSP oldtimer ME
PSP preqursor2

By Danoc Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:30 am
Echoboy is my GO TO! I use the Free STA Delay sometimes. It has a special effect l put on backing vocals that none other can do. Its bananas!

But Echoboy is it. Easy to use and has some dope options.

I got little plate for free too :lol:

I have mad reverbs from Fabfilter, Eastwest Quantum Leap(OMG), RV7000Mkll , Waves joints etc. I'm stacked. When l deal with other people l like to have available what they like.

Monotremata wrote:Soundtoys Echoboy for delays
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:49 am
Now it makes auditory sense with how you use the MPC, your usage of plug ins and why you're talking about a Binson Echorec. :lol: Ambient Music! This particular style relies on effects, minimum instrumentation, space, tone, and layers of sounds. I'm a fan of Brian Eno. Aphex Twin, and Geir Jenssen.

So HANS ZIMMER was not that far off, minus the orchestrations. So yeah, the L1 AND L2 may not be the tool you need. The stereo image and soundscape are very important elements. Now, I also see why you don't like most SMASHED commercial recordings.

Good Work and thanks for sharing. :nod:

Also re-read my post and it was meant, as playful jabbing, not an attack.

Frisbi wrote:https://sleepiscommercial.bandcamp.com/ ... -athyrmata

This is with all those plugins, before I switched to Mpc standalone

https://jonfram.bandcamp.com/releases

This with Mpc but the other player with ableton and other computer stuff
By Monotremata Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:47 am
Hah some of my own music is the same vein so yeah I love delays. My love for the Echorec comes from old Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett though. I save the fancy nice sounding Waves/Fabfilter/DMG/etc "normal" tools when you have to do it "right". Namely if somebody is paying me to mix something or its a friends band Im recording/mixing. Gotta make it for them so better have everything you might need ready to go! I dont know if I could ever sound like Dr Dre though. I never really could get into that whole style of production, at least the West Coast side. I always loved the dirtier east coast sound more, and the old school no contest right there! Bomb Squad production is IT. I go the opposite with synths though.. West Coast/Buchla weirdo noise over Moog/East coast subtractive synths any day!
By Bezo Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Would be nice if Akai Pro connected with Softube and their Console 1 MKII

I’ve wanted this but only have a few Softube plugs. But I hope it’s not Akai and their nor PDC software who connects with them if anyone. Logic or Studio One would be my choice.
By Monotremata Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:17 pm
"Work in progress", all done with the MPC 2.5/2.6 software one way or another. Only non-MPC plugins are the reverbs=Little Plate, and theres an Echoboy bus in there that you can probably only hear on the drum loops since all the other shit has Akai tape delays on the inserts freaking out hehe. Still gotta run through and try out the automation now that 2.6 is out.

This should work, I didnt make it public but it said I could still share it!!!
https://soundcloud.com/avalanchemaster/beat00/s-frqiH

EDIT: Oh yeah, probably gotta crank it heh. There aint no limiting or anything so the overall level is pretty down there right now.