MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Guilleonline Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:32 pm
I always forget the process on how to install the new update and can't find the link :/
any kind soul wanting to share the instructions with me? also, do I need to first download and install ver 2.5? currently running 2.4
By JeriKo Jackson Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:41 am
Akai delivered. Firmware updated flawlessy. Automation in standalone mode is tight af. If they can deliver Multi timbral input eventually all of my major complaints will have been addressed. My unit has been stable since launch. I had a couple freezes but none after 2.4. There are still a couple small bugs that irritate me and the time stretching algo in standalone is :Sigh:

As an early adopter, I was a HARSH critic. And some things like the dust magnet plastic and lack of physical buttons I've come to ignore despite how much I loathe them. I'll styleflip eventually and hold out hope akai builds on its success and release an MPC X micro or Studio Live?

Im stunned Akai has delivered on this one before 3.0.
By JeriKo Jackson Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:22 am
Guilleonline wrote:I always forget the process on how to install the new update and can't find the link :/
any kind soul wanting to share the instructions with me? also, do I need to first download and install ver 2.5? currently running 2.4

Menu
Gear Icon
Shift + Touch Screen > Update Mode
Bymember04959388 Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:06 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:Akai delivered. Firmware updated flawlessy. Automation in standalone mode is tight af. If they can deliver Multi timbral input eventually all of my major complaints will have been addressed. My unit has been stable since launch. I had a couple freezes but none after 2.4. There are still a couple small bugs that irritate me and the time stretching algo in standalone is :Sigh:

As an early adopter, I was a HARSH critic. And some things like the dust magnet plastic and lack of physical buttons I've come to ignore despite how much I loathe them. I'll styleflip eventually and hold out hope akai builds on its success and release an MPC X micro or Studio Live?

Im stunned Akai has delivered on this one before 3.0.

Yeah I think Mpc became reliable and useable in performance only after 2.3
Before that it was a half disaster.
But now it's almost perfect, even better then what we hoped.
Multi midi is still missing though, maybe the last feature and then it's almost done and Akai will put out an updated hardware Mpc I guess
By BeatWilson Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:45 pm
Yeah im happy with my purchase. Minor issues now... Like Portemento, Free Flow LFO. I havent actually checked for that yet but im honestly assuming its still not there. Ive just been busy. I have messed with the Automation and it is nice. Multi Timbral Midi forsure i needed. Then i think im basically onto Granular Effects... That or... some extra effects so i can master out of it. Not much else really.

Oh actually... A timeline view like every other daw basically. or i guess like Abletons or just an easy to see timeline would definitely help. Its just nice when not doing such pattern based music and seeing it as a whole. I know i can just extend sequences but i am hoping in the near future this will happen.
Bymember04959388 Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:02 pm
BeatWilson wrote:Yeah im happy with my purchase. Minor issues now... Like Portemento, Free Flow LFO. I havent actually checked for that yet but im honestly assuming its still not there. Ive just been busy. I have messed with the Automation and it is nice. Multi Timbral Midi forsure i needed. Then i think im basically onto Granular Effects... That or... some extra effects so i can master out of it. Not much else really.

Oh actually... A timeline view like every other daw basically. or i guess like Abletons or just an easy to see timeline would definitely help. Its just nice when not doing such pattern based music and seeing it as a whole. I know i can just extend sequences but i am hoping in the near future this will happen.

Yeah a granular fx and/or synth would be VERY welcome.
And the option to lock an external keyboard to a plugin, so even if I change track it keeps on playing the plugin.
I guess it is a multimidi channel feature.
For the rest I am more then satisfied
By Bezo Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:27 pm
2.6 is looking good! I've been using the Live in Controller Mode exclusively until now, unrelated to any updates. An issue with my SSD or my Live is holding things up a bit. I'm using a thumb drive to set up some things for a road trip. I just have to be selective storing samples. Time to see why folks are so happy not using computers.

At this point, hardware hopes for me might only be internal program changes for program tracks via automation lanes. Can't think of anything else currently, but I'm only starting to use stand alone mode now. Maybe an option on the Autosampler to create a drum group.

Software hopes are that they bring it up to modern DAW standards including plugin delay compensation, VCA tracks & support for multi-output plugins.
By Guilleonline Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:08 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:
Guilleonline wrote:I always forget the process on how to install the new update and can't find the link :/

Menu
Gear Icon
Shift + Touch Screen > Update Mode

Just what I needed. Thanks pal!
Bymember04959388 Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:53 pm
Bezo wrote:2.6 is looking good! I've been using the Live in Controller Mode exclusively until now, unrelated to any updates. An issue with my SSD or my Live is holding things up a bit. I'm using a thumb drive to set up some things for a road trip. I just have to be selective storing samples. Time to see why folks are so happy not using computers.

At this point, hardware hopes for me might only be internal program changes for program tracks via automation lanes. Can't think of anything else currently, but I'm only starting to use stand alone mode now. Maybe an option on the Autosampler to create a drum group.

Software hopes are that they bring it up to modern DAW standards including plugin delay compensation, VCA tracks & support for multi-output plugins.

Yeah take the courage and go standalone.
If you are used to daw as I was, I had to switch my workflow, changing all the automations I had working with daw.
It's been a bit frustrating in the beginning but when you learn the new workflow, it's fun and it sounds really good.
That's my suggestion
By optik415 Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:01 am
I'm really enjoying the update for standalone! The automation is tons of fun and the submixes definitely come in handy.
By Cockdiesel Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:13 am
agreed dope update. finally can auto mate my envelopes,still figuring it out though. Any one automating external gear? I haven't dug into much past trying out the update after install. Will definitely hook up tomorrow. I am interested to see how the sub mixes export as well.

glad to see you back around jeriko, last I recall you were selling everything off. It took some time but akai sure has been delivering, although I could do most of what I needed since it got it, too. LOL These extra features are really tight, can't wait to see what they have in store for the force.
By zangetsu01 Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:38 pm
Love the 2.6 Automation update.. 1 question:

How do you fine tune the value of the drawn level? Lets say I want it have a value of 62. With my fingers it's pretty hard to get it to 62, might end up at 64 or 60 a few times before I get it to be exactly 62.
By pspsounds Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:13 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Love the 2.6 Automation update.. 1 question:

How do you fine tune the value of the drawn level? Lets say I want it have a value of 62. With my fingers it's pretty hard to get it to 62, might end up at 64 or 60 a few times before I get it to be exactly 62.

Try using the data wheel. May need to hold shift down while turning the data wheel too.