MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:26 pm
DonnyDank wrote:Yea, give me back the SP1200 effect. I only see a display with the word SP1200 but i cant manipulate the bitcrushing. Kinda lame and stupid

Did those have some sort of controls before 2.5?? I thought those were just mimicking the DA conversion of the unit or something? Dig the 3000 mode myself, have my default project set to it so I dont forget to turn it on heh.
By E23N42SF Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:00 pm
After that I Have installed the new 2.6 , are noticeable a bugs that are insoportable in Live situacion or
studio work.Have buy the MPC Live for using / playing in live situacions synchronised with all the rest of a gear.
The bug consist in stand alone changing pads.In Grid mode are visible the change movemends from A1 to....
If the MPC is in Clip mode activating pad in which are sample the MPC begin to play from its alone.
The most annoying thing it's that playing in live situation in Pad Mixer Mode the Pads begin to Unmute
from it self , that is unacceptable.
Instrument that is designed to be a live unit with this bug is unusable.
Adding samples in Browse Mode it's ridiculous.Pressing the Pad 1 to add sample in 1 second it's Pad 5
without to touch nothing,and the sample load to 5 not 1.This are not recorded automations, the problem exist in new project again.
Recording Midi in Grid mode is the same.From its own its changing A1 - A7-A5.
When somebody have a Standalone unit ,don't means that the unit will work and play without it !
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMVQ1FVdJPA
By zangetsu01 Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:18 pm
I wonder what they've done with the bugs listed in this tread. I'm not planning on rebuilding tracks because it's broken in a newer software version.
I just want my programs to be routed to the submixes that I've assigned them to. Not that when I put in a simple plugin on that program that the sub bus is getting bypassed to the main outs.

When is 2.7 coming out? When was the last software update? was it around the time this tread was started?
By Deaf Eric Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:36 pm
This is what I’ve been looking for, so it is a bug then, hope it gets sorted in 2.7! Killing my work flow!

zangetsu01 wrote:2.6 Also has the following bug:

Controller mode:

When certain plugins (L1 Limiter or Bluecataudio) are loaded into lets say submix 1 or 5, submixes 3 and 4 will stop working. Audio tracks that were supposed to go trough submixes 3 and 4 are skipping the submiers and are routed to the master Bus instead,

This makes 2.6 unusable for me. Rolling back to 2.5. It’s a shame.. I Finaly had acces to automation from the hardware..
By Eschatone Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:35 pm
I just got my first MPC Live last week, brand new with 2.6 preinstalled and experienced crash after crash, even within 5 minutes of the first time I booted it up. Not sure if it was just a defective unit but I just got my replacement unit from SW, which came with 2.4 and it’s been rock solid after many hours of use. I’m already missing the 2.6 features though, but I’m a bit scared to upgrade. Should I be?
Can you downgrade to 2.4 or 2.5 easily if it turns out to be unstable?
By Monotremata Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:33 am
Eschatone wrote:I just got my first MPC Live last week, brand new with 2.6 preinstalled and experienced crash after crash, even within 5 minutes of the first time I booted it up. Not sure if it was just a defective unit but I just got my replacement unit from SW, which came with 2.4 and it’s been rock solid after many hours of use. I’m already missing the 2.6 features though, but I’m a bit scared to upgrade. Should I be?

I just got mine a week or so ago, came with 2.4 and I updated it right after I got home to 2.6. No trouble here so far after a week of working with it.
By Eschatone Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:25 am
Monotremata wrote:
Eschatone wrote:I just got my first MPC Live last week, brand new with 2.6 preinstalled and experienced crash after crash, even within 5 minutes of the first time I booted it up. Not sure if it was just a defective unit but I just got my replacement unit from SW, which came with 2.4 and it’s been rock solid after many hours of use. I’m already missing the 2.6 features though, but I’m a bit scared to upgrade. Should I be?

I just got mine a week or so ago, came with 2.4 and I updated it right after I got home to 2.6. No trouble here so far after a week of working with it.

Good to hear! I think I’ve built up the nerve to give it a go.

I’m sure the first one I got must have had bad ram. Sweetwater was very quick at making me whole, though. Best experience I’ve had with an online merchant.
By Crumb$ Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:43 am
I'm a little bit behind with the updates, I know... I updated to 2.6 about a month ago and then didn't get to use my Live till now and I've noticed an issue... I've seen a couple of people have mentioned it on this thread.

My Q-link led's on the front panel and how they correspond with the Q-link menu have switched around. This is upsetting my flow, and my inner peace. Does anyone know a fix for this, or should I just update to 2.7?

Thanks!