MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ChuyLocs602 Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:23 am
I’m having issues with my live all of a sudden...well I think it’s an issue, maybe I pressed something that that might be causing this. I think it happened when I was adding a new key group or something. I was in the middle of a project and all of a sudden I can’t unmute any tracks, the only thing I can do is solo all the the tracks which I find is weird. Anyone know what might have happened?
By Menco Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:10 pm
Usually this happens when you mute or solo a track in the mixer screen. Unmute and unsolo all tracks in the channel mixer screen. That should fix it.
By mr_debauch Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:25 pm
oh that happened to me once and i couldn't figure it out at that time
By ChuyLocs602 Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:27 pm
Menco wrote:Usually this happens when you mute or solo a track in the mixer screen. Unmute and unsolo all tracks in the channel mixer screen. That should fix it.
I tried going to the mixer screen and doing that but it wasn’t working for me. But what did is going to the main screen and scrolling thru the tracks and I found one that was in solo. So, close enough thanks problem solved!
By Monotremata Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:45 pm
That 'feature' is actually really starting to piss me off in the MPC Software (it does it there too).. If the Mute button works in the Main screen, it should also affect the damn Mute button everywhere else!
By Menco Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:34 pm
True that. If you mute a track in one screen/mode, you can’t unmute that same track in another screen. Can be quite confusing when you forget where you have muted something. Hope they sync the mutes througout the whole project when Akai updates the mixer.
By mr_debauch Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:52 am
yeah especially when you didn't mean to mute something... you go out for a quick smoke, come back in... the little one snuck in and pushed a bunch of shit... now it ain't working and you can't figure out why.
By chrisvm Mon May 25, 2020 11:37 pm
Jesus, sorry for reviving old thread but thanks a lot for this tip, I was raging at my MPC, I didn't understand why this was happening, super maddening. Before I just restarted the software and the mute would go away.

Cheers.
By Vladivos Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:10 pm
Just found how to solve it on the MPC One. I assume I muted certain tracks while recording without noticing. It can be solved via List Edit (Press Menu -> List Edit) and select the track that remains muted. Scroll through the list: the column "Mod Type" will show where you muted, and you can easily undo it by changing the value to "Off"

Hope this helps!
By DuffyDoherty Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:34 pm
"List Edit (Press Menu -> List Edit) and select the track that remains muted. Scroll through the list: the column "Mod Type" will show where you muted, and you can easily undo it by changing the value to "Off""
This was it!
Thank you!