MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:36 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:It's not just the spaghetti, it's the lack of instant recall. This is the same reason, I stay away from fully analogue mixing desk. The present and future of audio, should be pushing toward Audio over IP. If the next MPC's can't do it, it will truly show a lack of present and forward thinking.

Yeah that part SUCKS. Having to pull out my phone to take a picture of it and hope the cables aren't in the way so I can actually tell what's patched to where and what the knobs are doing haha. I tend to not treat it like a 'normal' synth because of this. If I happen to be playing with it and come up with a cool bass line or something, Ill have to sample it right away or alot of times, Ill fire up Logic, sync the sequencer connected to it and just jam for like 20 minutes. That way I have more to cut up and choose from later. Usually though, that thing doesn't do anything remotely close to that the other ones do. I use it as a single performance thing. Its always on the fly and used for those 'this needs some random alien shit in the background' moments. Almost never synced, always played by hand. The sounds I can get out of it are **** awesome but at the end of the day its still just a mono synth haha.