MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:31 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:As of now, the MPC is a better controller/interface/sound module, then a sampler and sequencer, recorder. :lol: The MPC X is like an All In One Printer. It's has a ok scanner, ok printer, ok fax, and ok copier functions.

The MPC X, is a ok controller, ok interface, ok sound module, ok sampler, and ok sequencer. I'm curious to know, how many MPC X user, actually use the CV out in their daily production setup.

Thank **** god it isn't Epson making it or we would have to buy a new one every three months when we ran out of ink hahaha.

Honestly, if I had the money, I would grab an X before the Live because of the CV. I would use the shit out of the CV every single time I turned it on. I LOOOOOOOVE my modular it is my most favoritist thing ever next to my Marshall but god damn is interfacing it a pain in the ass! I only have a 6U case so I didnt want to waste any of it on a MIDI/CV module, I have a Korg SQ-1, the Microbrute (which is useless because of how the CV is tuned), Silent Way for inside Logic, and now a BeatStep Pro which is permanently situated with it. The MIDI to CV thing sucks because of how those work, and the best one I have, Silent Way, falls under that 'Not using third party stuff until Akai gets their shit together' camp.

You know what would rule, if they could somehow allow CV programs to work in the software regardless. My MOTU is DC coupled, Silent Way sends CV and Gate and LFOs and envelopes straight out of the audio outputs to the modular. Let me do it from the MPC with its own CV programs!!! You just eliminated one more piece of extra software I have to keep updated and active with. I can be one step closer to keeping all this shit in the MPC which I am getting more and more and more into every time I use it. I think Im gonna go suggest this in the software and straight to Dan over at Gearslutz heh.
By D3V1L15H Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank **** god it isn't Epson making it or we would have to buy a new one every three months when we ran out of ink hahaha.

Nah, Epson would give the MPC's away for free and then charge for every sample you ever play, every time, and their own OEM samples would be like $49.95 per play or you can play non-OEM generic samples for $1.99
By Unreallystic Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm
[quote="Monotremata"]
Thank **** god it isn't Epson making it or we would have to buy a new one every three months when we ran out of ink hahaha. /quote]
"Damn I ran out of storage space, well its cheaper to buy a new MPC than to add space to this one"

Printers = New Age Razors; So glad I started using a single edged blade, so much cheaper.

I feel some kind of way because I don't even use the MPC as a controller, if its plugged up to my computer, its just to get the content off, nothing about it screams "useful controller", but tbh that is a video I want to do, I want to complain about an issue I find in almost every controller - especially the DAW focused ones, they spend so much effort trying to shoe horn sometime used functions, that some of the super simple stuff, is trash. The Push is a prime example, most folks I know with one were stoked at release, but at this point its just a glorified Launchpad as keyboard shortcuts are still better.

I don't feel upset about this with the Live, because I didn't get it to act as a controller - same way I don't care too much about Force having Ableton integration as a controller, I'd love for it to be awesome and poo-poo my push, but I got both the Force and the Live - for content creation as stand alone devices. Related but not...the Force should have better I/O. I said my peace on the MPC, its a sampler, one sound in and a monitor should be fine, but the Force is designed to do way more, and thus needs need the I/O to flex a whole live set...with minimal equipment. Right now I have an MX-1 with Sends going to the Force, and all my "live looping" gear is set to that MX-1, but if I ever take a show on the road, I'd prefer to not need the MX-1 to use the Force.
- Unreall
By saltmcgault Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:16 am
A world of spaghetti is all i see now. The snake pit i have going on is embarrassing. i’ve tried making it look neat and organized but there’s no **** way.
By mr_debauch Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:17 am
some of those modular guys with the bird's nest blocking your view of the hardware... not huge on that. that is what i really like about what arturia did with the matrix brute.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:37 pm
The modular world, is a great example, as why a Larger format MPC would sale. You can spend 5K on a modular synthesizer and barely make a dent. I know the size, of beast MPC, is not for everyone. But neither is 50K euro rack with 10K worth of cables. :lol:
By Cockdiesel Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:00 pm
Maybe not modular in that sense but maybe modular all being connected with ableton sync over WiFi. They are saying that with the live integration you can control ableton sessions wirelessly. I can envision all types of gadgets from old school larc typecontrollers to maybe even portable Vst players.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm
It's not just the spaghetti, it's the lack of instant recall. This is the same reason, I stay away from fully analogue mixing desk. The present and future of audio, should be pushing toward Audio over IP. If the next MPC's can't do it, it will truly show a lack of present and forward thinking.

Monotremata wrote:Man you guys are nuts spaghetti is the best. Especially when its random!
By CharlesRandolph Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:36 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Maybe not modular in that sense but maybe modular all being connected with ableton sync over WiFi. They are saying that with the live integration you can control ableton sessions wirelessly. I can envision all types of gadgets from old school larc typecontrollers to maybe even portable Vst players.

This will work out for good for those who uses ableton. :lol:
By Danoc Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:50 pm
You have some sauce to go with that spaghetti? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monotremata wrote:Man you guys are nuts spaghetti is the best. Especially when its random!