MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:08 pm
Is it just for audio tracks?
Or it shows the waveforms of any kind of track?
And you think it will replace track view on main screen?
By robleighton22 Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:17 pm
Audio and midi. Doubt it will replace track view, sounds like it's a new screen....could be wrong tho. Some nice shortcuts and setup features from track view...not sure I'd miss it, but can see an argument to keep it.
Bymember04959388 Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:39 pm
robleighton22 wrote:Audio and midi. Doubt it will replace track view, sounds like it's a new screen....could be wrong tho. Some nice shortcuts and setup features from track view...not sure I'd miss it, but can see an argument to keep it.

Yeah track view is the screen I use the less.
I would not miss it at all if they replace it.
This new arrangement view looks promising from the photos.
By zangetsu01 Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:00 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Is this the MPC X or MPC live view?

At the moment this is from the Force (But still in Beta). But I bet the MPC's are the same..
By QuickStrike Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:03 pm
Has anyone ever tried to load the force firmware on to the live or MPCx. I don't know why I thought of that but I was wondering if it worked. I don't have the firmware to try it. Don't ask me why I would try it. Just curious to know if it works lol
By Danoc Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:38 pm
Man listen, if they do that it would be super nice. Activate mouse mode so you can use a mouse. It would improve the MPC X/Live.
Expand the audio tracks 24 tracks stereo and 48 tracks mono. And if thfe mouse activation won't be put in the touch screen need to be more sensitive, better than my phone.

J.O.BEATS wrote:I’ve spent my entire adult life in MPC song mode lol. But this would be super dope if it’s in standalone
By CharlesRandolph Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:02 pm
Danoc wrote:Man listen, if they do that it would be super nice. Activate mouse mode so you can use a mouse. It would improve the MPC X/Live.Expand the audio tracks 24 tracks stereo and 48 tracks mono. And if thfe mouse activation won't be put in the touch screen need to be more sensitive, better than my phone.

You are asking for the impossible. Next thing, you'll request, I don't know, maybe something like software that doesn't crash other software, when scanning plugs in. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Bezo Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:32 pm
Man, if they don't put the damn minutes/seconds on these screens...

I use track view to level & pan MIDI. I'd appreciate those controls in this view if it's a replacement.
Bymember04959388 Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:57 pm
Just a silly question that comes to my mind.
Is it not possible to send all tracks as separate tracks in real time through USB?
This way you could just open a multitrack on computer and record all you play in separate tracks so you can finalize the mix later.

And is it not possible to stream samples from sd card so we could use some field recordings on the background as we play?

I think those two features would open up a lot of possibilities
By CharlesRandolph Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:44 pm
USB over audio is possible, but not implemented.
Disk Streaming is supposed to be in the next update.

Frisbi wrote:Just a silly question that comes to my mind.
Is it not possible to send all tracks as separate tracks in real time through USB?
This way you could just open a multitrack on computer and record all you play in separate tracks so you can finalize the mix later.

And is it not possible to stream samples from sd card so we could use some field recordings on the background as we play?

I think those two features would open up a lot of possibilities