MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:32 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:You may need a new computer, how are you only able to get 10 tracks? That's crazy. :lol: 16 mono or 8 stereo would be a good option. However with disk streaming, that would help with the audio tracks in standalone. Because 2 gigs of ram would go fast.

Nah its not the Mac, Logic can do what the MPC does times like 10 and doesn't come near the CPU usage the MPC Software does. And Logic has waaaaaaaaaaaay more going on under the hood then the MPC does. In Logic I can open an old 24 track mix LOADED with Waves plugins and it wont even blink playing it back. And these are full length like 8 minute tracks loaded with processing, not a bunch of loops being triggered at random.

The MPC is weird though, I swear Ive seen this song open and it barely even registering on the meter, sometimes Ive seen it sit at like a quarter, but then there's days like yesterday where something is going on and the thing is just about maxed out. Seen it a few times now, and it makes no sense. When it happens Ill shut everything else down just like in the old OS 9 days when you booted your Mac with nothing enabled but the audio stuff and still, CPU use galore. Maybe theres some crazy leaks or something they need to patch up I don't know. If I can narrow it down Ill definitely let them know though! I think they already owe me a free Live for helping out on their own forums and having to correct their own support people from time to time hah.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 pm
Monotremata wrote:Nah its not the Mac, Logic can do what the MPC does times like 10 and doesn't come near the CPU usage the MPC Software does. And Logic has waaaaaaaaaaaay more going on under the hood then the MPC does. In Logic I can open an old 24 track mix LOADED with Waves plugins and it wont even blink playing it back. And these are full length like 8 minute tracks loaded with processing, not a bunch of loops being triggered at random.

The MPC is weird though, I swear Ive seen this song open and it barely even registering on the meter, sometimes Ive seen it sit at like a quarter, but then there's days like yesterday where something is going on and the thing is just about maxed out. Seen it a few times now, and it makes no sense. When it happens Ill shut everything else down just like in the old OS 9 days when you booted your Mac with nothing enabled but the audio stuff and still, CPU use galore. Maybe theres some crazy leaks or something they need to patch up I don't know. If I can narrow it down Ill definitely let them know though! I think they already owe me a free Live for helping out on their own forums and having to correct their own support people from time to time hah.

What MAC OS version are you running?
By Ill-Green Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:49 pm
Monotremata wrote:Nah its not the Mac, Logic can do what the MPC does times like 10 and doesn't come near the CPU usage the MPC Software does. And Logic has waaaaaaaaaaaay more going on under the hood then the MPC does. In Logic I can open an old 24 track mix LOADED with Waves plugins and it wont even blink playing it back. And these are full length like 8 minute tracks loaded with processing, not a bunch of loops being triggered at random.

This has been a known issue for some time, since the Renaissance. Nowadays some users don't get spikes but some do. Its definitely a hog.
By Monotremata Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:23 pm
Well that makes sense heh. I haven't seen anybody complain about it yet but they may not even notice. I only did because I heard song mode popping playing back and then noticed the meter. On the days I don't hear any static or pops, its the farthest thing from my mind as long as Im working.

I guess its like any other moody app, but at least it hasn't choked yet. No CPU overloads or anything just dangerously close to it. And the bounces are fine, if youre happy with the results its safe to just export it. That was always the case when you start to hit the ceiling in Logic too (or ran out of tracks on your old Tascam). Time to start bouncing something somewhere to relieve the strain.