MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:05 pm
40Beatz wrote:I believe they only implemented 8 Standalone Audio tracks because of the strain in available RAM. They probably figured, if u want more than 8 Audio Tracks, use it in Controller Mode with the Software. Which is pretty understandable. Akai catered to the Standalone population, but at the same time, they want more people using the software.

Far as USB audio, I use the Akai EIE PRO... https://www.akaipro.com/eie-pro It may be discontinued tho..

That pretty much handles my USB Audio needs. Akai implemented the ability to Export Tracks and Audio, as an alternative to Tracking out material in Real Time. Makes it a lot easier in my opinion.

Yeah but imagine you play live and record all your live music into a multitrack.
That would be very very useful for me.
I think Elektron makes something like that, also Tascam model 24 where you can record all your mixer channels as separate tracks on sd card.
By 40Beatz Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:06 pm
Lol I think you just solved your issue lol...A Multi-Track Recorder may be the best bet.

With less than 2gb of RAM...I wouldn't feel safe recording a Live Event into the MPC Live. Murphy's Law may come crashin down on you :lol:
By 40Beatz Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:23 pm
QuickStrike wrote:
QuickStrike wrote:Has anyone ever tried to load the force firmware on to the live or MPCx. I don't know why I thought of that but I was wondering if it worked. I don't have the firmware to try it. Don't ask me why I would try it. Just curious to know if it works lol

Guess im talkin to myself. no one's tried it. I'm talking to myself. You guys have a good day.

:lol:
Whats goin On Bruh!
I tried to see if works..
I downloaded the Force Update on a SD Card. And the Live/X doesn't see the Force Update file on the Card. It'll just go into Update Mode as if there is no Update file on the Card.
Bymember04959388 Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:31 pm
40Beatz wrote:Lol I think you just solved your issue lol...A Multi-Track Recorder may be the best bet.

With less than 2gb of RAM...I wouldn't feel safe recording a Live Event into the MPC Live. Murphy's Law may come crashin down on you :lol:

Well with disk streaming it should not take ram or cpu I guess.
I already have a firewire mixer and record the 3 stereo outputs to a multitrack, but at the moment there is no way to record all project tracks separately on a multitrack in standalone.
Usb could work this way also?
Or just streaming to hd?
Sorry I don't have the knowledge to know if that's possible, i am just asking if it could work somehow.
By Monotremata Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:16 pm
I dont know the code running them may need to be seriously optimized before it can handle the audio part. Over here in the software, Ive got songs that are only like 10-11 tracks of programs. These are like 4/8/16 bar loops that just repeat when needed. 2-3 inserts of only Akai plugs on most tracks, some dont have any. Song is maybe 6 mins long, its really nothing, basic looping crap with some delays ooooooo. Song mode itself pops all the time playing back at 24bit/48k with my MOTU 828MK2 only playing its own program tracks. I haven't even attempted to use 'regular' audio with it yet and this is why I dont trust it for anything other than 'Heres my MPC sampler'.

I still have to do some testing on my system though. Guys at Gearslutz have mentioned Little Snitch interfering with Logic and other apps so this could be why it seems like the MPC fills up the CPU meter so quick. I try to make sure everything else is shut down now when I run it. Some days I wish it was like OS 9 was, where you could make a custom extension set to boot with and streamline the whole system for just audio work. Its weird, I can do tracks in Logic with more plugins (and Logic means that yep Im using Waves/Soundtoys/DMG/Komplete/etc) and I dont think I have ever filled more than one cores cpu meter (so 2 bars in Logic since it shows 12). The track I posted in the bugs thread the other day was the workload I described above and last I paid attention to it, the CPU meter in the MPC was about 3/4 of the way full and occasionally popping while playing back in song mode. Doesn't seem to do it looping a single sequence.
By Danoc Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:45 am
He said M.Law classic
:lol:
40Beatz wrote:
By Scott Righteous Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:50 am
So disk streaming is confirmed to be happening?

That is my one biggest wish for the MPC. For how I work, it will open up a lot of flexibility, and I won't miss my old Octatrack so much. I can't believe how much this thing has improved with each update. :)
By kaydigi Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:51 pm
Scott Righteous wrote:So disk streaming is confirmed to be happening?

That is my one biggest wish for the MPC. For how I work, it will open up a lot of flexibility, and I won't miss my old Octatrack so much. I can't believe how much this thing has improved with each update. :)

Disc streaming has been “in the works” since the Live was announced. It was mentioned by beta testers before launch then you haven’t heard about again until Dan said it is being worked on.

It’s still not going to be ideal for everyone, Dan said they still won’t increase the audio track count on standalone. I would love at least to split the 8 stereo to 16 mono tracks.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 pm
kaydigi wrote:It’s still not going to be ideal for everyone, Dan said they still won’t increase the audio track count on standalone. I would love at least to split the 8 stereo to 16 mono tracks.

They won't or They can't increase the audio tracks?
By Monotremata Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
kaydigi wrote:It’s still not going to be ideal for everyone, Dan said they still won’t increase the audio track count on standalone. I would love at least to split the 8 stereo to 16 mono tracks.

They won't or They can't increase the audio tracks?

Well, judging by how efficient the software runs on a 6-core Mac Pro with only their own plugins, they got ALOT of optimizing to do before it will handle more than 8 tracks with a full mix of programs and plugins AND warping going on. I can easily top out my Mac Pro with just a 10 track song and a handful of Akai plugins heh. And thats a 9-year old 6-core Xeon that can still keep up with some of the current Mac's in benchmarks heh.

I don't see why they cant allow us to choose between stereo or mono though. Its no different to the computer, its just one channel or two.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:51 am
Monotremata wrote:Well, judging by how efficient the software runs on a 6-core Mac Pro with only their own plugins, they got ALOT of optimizing to do before it will handle more than 8 tracks with a full mix of programs and plugins AND warping going on. I can easily top out my Mac Pro with just a 10 track song and a handful of Akai plugins heh. And thats a 9-year old 6-core Xeon that can still keep up with some of the current Mac's in benchmarks heh.

I don't see why they cant allow us to choose between stereo or mono though. Its no different to the computer, its just one channel or two.

You may need a new computer, how are you only able to get 10 tracks? That's crazy. :lol: 16 mono or 8 stereo would be a good option. However with disk streaming, that would help with the audio tracks in standalone. Because 2 gigs of ram would go fast.