MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Moho Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:15 am
Then give it the ability to modulate the loop position and give it a cool name like Transwaves 8)
By Monotremata Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:39 pm
Count me in hah. I hate that the loop point basically becomes the start/end of the sample. Like what's the point of it then? This might as well be Ableton or a REX player. Even the crappy old EXS24 can set a loop point independent of the start/stop points. I kept running into this last night. Was trimming/chopping up some stuff in Audiofinder and when you turn on the loop tool, it finds one for you automatically. It made a lot of cool little loops inside the bigger files I was looping, and dammit it would've been really cool just to set a start/end and THEN have the loop inside there so I could use both. But noooooo, gotta make it into two separate samples for that.

Tiger - quick note, just noticed you were talking about actually shifting around the section of the loop itself, not just setting an independent start/end point.. Can you even set an end point for JUST the loop section?? So like if I just hit the key it plays from start->end but if I hold the key down it plays the loop section when it gets to it?? Sometimes I have a rad longer wav file I like to use, but also find cool loops in the middle of them to use in other sections of a song as well. All I can tell is the end point is the end point of the loop AND the sample period.